2017-2019 Steering Stabilizer - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 - '19 (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017 - '19 topics not related to powertrain

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

2017-2019 Steering Stabilizer

Has anyone installed a steering stabilizer on their L5P? I know they stopped installing the frame bracket on them. If anyone has info could you please share picture and a link! Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 03:19 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
I installed the BDS steering stabilizer on my 2019 Chevy 3500HD CC SB HC. Downside ... the BDS mounting bracket attaches to one of the lower control arm bolts on the driver side ... which requires relieving the torsion key on that side to install. But as expected BDS supplies a very nice kit with a good shock designed for the application. Much higher quality than the Fabtech kit in my opinion (had Fabtech previously). Definitely reduced the wheel chatter on washboard gravel roads. Unfortunately I do not have any pics currently ... but will post when I do. Here is the weblink: http://bds-suspension.com/product-di...mc-stabilizers ... our part #’s: 85430 (cylinder) & 55379 (bracket kit).

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package, Fabtech 4” Suspension Lift w/ 35’s on Vision Valor Wheels, Luverne Grille Guard w/ Parking Sensor Relocation Kit, Rhino Roll Bar (Sport Bar 2.0) w/ 8” Hella Off-Road Lights, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Fabtech Stealth Shocks w/ Front Limit Straps, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air, DuraFlap Mud Guards, S&B MAP Sensor Spacer

Last edited by UTEngineer; 11-10-2019 at 05:23 PM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 01:49 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
I have the BDS as well, also installed the Cognito PISK. The PISK works 100% better IMO.
Attached Images

jwcgmc1985 likes this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 11:07 AM

Im gonna look into the BDS kit. My truck wanders a lot even on the paved roads
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:31 PM

Garage
Did anyone do a double setup? I see for the single goes but I'm curious as to the double.

2018 GMC Duramax Denali 2500HD

6.5" BDS coilover kit with ultimate Kryptonite front suspension and RBP electric side steps 35x12.50 Wrangler MTRs on RS2s w/ Fusion front bumper w/ prerunner bar

Debating Edge Pulsar

Southeast Michigan
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 03:55 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Check this one out I am looking into it for my 2016 LML. Looks like an easier install. https://suspensionmaxx.com/product/SMX-SSB2520
BlkSS and denarli6.6 like this.

2016 Chevy 2500HD: ready lift leveling keys with 1" blocks in rear, Flo Pro 4” NM, EGR blocker plates, Autocal with Mitch Cooper tunes/trans tune, CCV delete, Edge CTS2 monitor with EGT probe, LED 45w headlights and fog lights, white Recon LED cab lights, LED switch back side tow mirror lights, Trex grille inserts, rear husky plastic wheel well liners, custom paint match mirrors, tow hooks and bow ties, Rough Country HD2 side steps, winter tires ultra 20x9" rims with 33"Goodyear dura trac studded, summer tires Mayham Arsenal 20x9" with 35" Comforcer tires
Soon to come in spring 5”RC lift!!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 03:58 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Black HD and BlkSS like this.

2016 Chevy 2500HD: ready lift leveling keys with 1" blocks in rear, Flo Pro 4” NM, EGR blocker plates, Autocal with Mitch Cooper tunes/trans tune, CCV delete, Edge CTS2 monitor with EGT probe, LED 45w headlights and fog lights, white Recon LED cab lights, LED switch back side tow mirror lights, Trex grille inserts, rear husky plastic wheel well liners, custom paint match mirrors, tow hooks and bow ties, Rough Country HD2 side steps, winter tires ultra 20x9" rims with 33"Goodyear dura trac studded, summer tires Mayham Arsenal 20x9" with 35" Comforcer tires
Soon to come in spring 5”RC lift!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 01:39 PM

Garage
The SuspensionMAXX kit is the route I went with on my 2016 and used the Bilstein B8 5100 dampener (33-196619). Simple install and have had it for a year now and couldn't be happier. No more constant minor adjustments with the steering wheel traveling down the highway and greatly improved the feel as well. I'm not a fan of the digital steering assist, at least on my 2016.
zert100 and Muzbomb like this.

2016 Chevy 2500 CCSB LTZ Custom Sport Z71 - SuspensionMAXX Leveling Kit, Cognito UCA's, 285/60r20 Exo Grapplers on OEM High Country Chromes
2002 Camaro SS #8293 - M6, T-Tops, Y2Y: grille, 345 CME, Chrome ZR1s, BBPS, mats, fobs/plaque, portfolio, car cover, - Garage Queen (1,317 miles)

Sold - 2010 Chevy 1500 4x4 CCSB LT Hennessey HPE500 S/N: 21 - NHT, Blown 6.2L w/LS9 cam, CC ARH 1 7/8", Corsa, 499 RWHP 556 RWTQ @ 7lbs... was good enough for me for a DD gasser
Sold - 1998 Camaro SS #1589 - A4, T-Tops, full bolts and supsension
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
DuramaxForum n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEngineer View Post
I installed the BDS steering stabilizer on my 2019 Chevy 3500HD CC SB HC. Downside ... the BDS mounting bracket attaches to one of the lower control arm bolts on the driver side ... which requires relieving the torsion key on that side to install. But as expected BDS supplies a very nice kit with a good shock designed for the application. Much higher quality than the Fabtech kit in my opinion (had Fabtech previously). Definitely reduced the wheel chatter on washboard gravel roads. Unfortunately I do not have any pics currently ... but will post when I do. Here is the weblink: Tab Chevy / GMC Steering Stabilizers | BDS Suspension ... our part #’s: 85430 (cylinder) & 55379 (bracket kit).
so when you say you think BDS is better than Fab tech....and then say " our part # " do you work for BDS ?

2017 GMC sierra 3500hd Denali
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyloco View Post
so when you say you think BDS is better than Fab tech....and then say " our part # " do you work for BDS ?
Just before that he said he pasted a web link, those words are from the sellers web page.

Quote:
Here is the weblink

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode