Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2017 L5P ..., What are you guys paying OTD

199K views 557 replies 162 participants last post by  beaurrr 
#1 · (Edited)
Figured it would be nice to have an area where we can see what dealers are "Letting Go" of the New L5P Model(s) for. List trim package (Model) and add on's / options, and price you were able to work in. This should help the group see what to expect when trying to work a deal. Post up pics of your new ride so we can see them too :neener. Congrats to all the new owners, We will post up our Deep Ocean Blue, High Country 2500HD once she rolls in.

#219 ·
2500HD Denali CCRB MSRP 71K paid 63K. Got a total low ball on my trade so I sold it privately. I don't need to get the absolute best price as I would rather keep a dealer I have bought several cars from and they take great care of me. Also it is a business vehicle so not critical to me. I own a business so to me it is ok if they make a reasonable amount on the sale.

#220 ·
2500HD, Crew, LTZ - plow prep, Z71, Nav, Cocoa/Dune heated cooled buckets, Lane departure, step bars, splash guards, black bowties, all weather mats, swing out tool boxes, soft tonneau, and a bunch of other stuff. MSRP was $68875, purchase price was $54548, plus $1195 freight/prep, $300 docs, and $2508 tax.

They gave me just about $1K above KBB for my trade.

And to be fair, I spent another $120 in food/gas to go get it 308 miles away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#225 ·
Well guys, drove the new truck home Tuesday evening in the rain. So much for being clean. I ended up getting 10.6k off MSRP which was happy with, I am sure there was a little meat left on the bone but my wife keep kicking me under the table during the final negotiations. She has never been with me to buy a vehicle. All and all I am happy how everything turned out. The dealer had the truck ready when we got there, did a quick test drive, negotiated for a few minute and signed papers. We were there for less an 1.5 hrs, I did most of the negotiations via email.

#226 ·
I think as more hit the lots 10k off msrp would not be unheard of.

All my local dealers only have 1 or none on the lots still.

#232 ·
I bought mine from Denis Dillon from Mark Delmonte was my sales person. He was great and like above accessory department and everything else top notch. No bait and switch etc. Price is what the price is. Picked you up from the airport etc.

Laura Buick GMC I talked to a little also. They seemed pretty strait forward to me and sent me anything I requested. The truck they had I could not register in Cali so I ended up having to pass on it but they where about 1k cheaper then Dennis.

Like above stated I would not base my hole experience on them not wanting to give you what you "thought" your truck was worth in a trade in. Thats how they make some money back on the deal. They also have to be able to sell the truck and make some $$. Specially with you just emailing/texting pics they are not going to give you the best offer if they cant see it in person. I know I certainly would not offer top dollar for something I physically could not see or test drive.

When I was looking at trading my truck in to local dealer. I was offered everything from 10-15k. (older LB7) its is what it is. Its not disrespectful or insulting to offer less. Trucks worth what ever some one wants to pay for it.

Its the same as all of wanting the best deal out there, 10+k off msrp. We want the best deal they want the best deal. My dealers laughed at 10k off to them was insulting.

Personally I loved the experience with Dennis Dillon. How ever if I was within a couple miles of Laura GMC I would not pass up a deal from them they had some good deals.

Any one who wants wheels, lifts, tint etc. Dennis is the place to go.

#233 ·
Good to know! Mine is built and awaiting a rail car to get to Salt Lake, and then on to Denns Dillon. Over the phone and email my sales guy Randy Cannon and Acessories guy Paul Baker have been fantastic! Got ours for 8k below sticker.

#234 ·
I'm wondering if any of you guys negotiate based on % off msrp. That is how I worked the last new vehicle deal for my wife's car based on best % off nation wide on truecar. When I bought my LLY in 05 it had an employee discount deal and diesel rebates totaling around 10k off msrp (approx. 18% off) and I just did the deal. Now I can't find a long box crew (much less set up as I want) to save my arse. So thinking that I may need to negotiate a build. I've never done a vehicle build but from what little I've read it seems I may be subject to the available rebates at the time the truck comes in. I would want to do a deal and lock it in if possible. Reading most of this thread guys are getting 8-18k of msrp. Based on original msrp vs final sales it looks like guys are seeing 14%+ on average and some approach 25% if those are real deals.

My plan is to contact 3 dealers as I did with my wife's car and use a realistic percentage off msrp as a target to seal my deal. I don't want to start off negotiations with an unrealistic %, would like to be as fair as I expect to be treated. I'm a business owner and don't mind that they make profit. But I know that personally I won't drop 68k on a depreciating asset unless it's over 10k off minimum and using a $ amount off seams too arbitrary to use as my negotiating tool. I realize some dealers can't move much given overhead and lack of volume but like most on here I'm willing to fly and love road trips, especially if I'm saving considerable cash.

Right now I'm thinking 18-20% is a reasonable target. Any thoughts??

#237 ·
10k off a high end MSRP should be expected. I think a lot of smaller dealership are not easily willing to give this amount up but I would imagine they would come around. My dealership in the past was very hard to get a good price but this time they new we were serious and made the deal I was looking for. I said earlier I could have gotten more a discount, maybe another 400 but I was happy with how everything worked out.

#240 ·
No help on case, but a couple of points.

Carplay (and AA ) only work when hooked up by usb.

The wireless charger is slow.

And a question -- does iPhone 7 now support wireless charging, or is it the optional case that enables the wireless charging?

(I use an S7. It won't fit in charge location if it has an optional case added)

#243 ·
I live in NY, which is a state that has adopted the California Emissions standard. I just started researching this subject and have been in contact with a salesman at Laura GMC. He told me they have sold to NY but my guess is that was most likely '16 model year trucks. From doing some research it appears a 50 state legal vehicle with the words "This vehicle meets California emissions standards...." will be able to be registered in CA..and I'm assuming", NY. All of that said, this is an expert from the '16 GM tech bulletin:

Code:
Emission Ordering Options:
The following emission options will be used for 2016 model year GM vehicles.
FE9
FEDERAL EMISSIONS.  Use for ordering vehicles that will be registered in all states except California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington State.

YF5
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS.  Use for ordering vehicles that will be registered in California.

NE1 CT/DE/ME/MD/MA/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA EMISSIONS. Use for ordering vehicles that will be registered in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington State.

Please be aware that vehicles ordered/produced with emission option FE9 cannot be sold for registration in 
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington State unless the vehicle is 50-state certified. To determine if a FE9 vehicle is 50-state certified, in addition to checking Table 1, the dealer MUST check the underhood emission label.
Bulletin can be found here:
http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/gmfleet/global/master/nscwebsite/en/Home/Resources/02_pdf/2016_Model_Emissions_Bulletin.pdf

The NY DMV only references CA emissions standards compliance. So the last sentence in the snippet above states, as long as the vehicle is 50-state certified, it should be able to be registered in those states.

As far as taxes go, it depends on whether your state has a reciprocal agreement with the state of the selling dealer. You will always have to pay tax in the state of registration. If the selling Dealer lives in a non-reciprocate state, you will pay taxes there too. Double dipping.

There is just no diesel inventory in the Rochester, NY area. The trucks dealers do have are price nearly at MSRP and about 8-10K more than Laura.

#245 ·
I live in NY, which is a state that has adopted the California Emissions standard. I just started researching this subject and have been in contact with a salesman at Laura GMC. He told me they have sold to NY but my guess is that was most likely '16 model year trucks. From doing some research it appears a 50 state legal vehicle with the words "This vehicle meets California emissions standards...." will be able to be registered in CA..and I'm assuming", NY. All of that said, this is an expert from the '16 GM tech bulletin:

Code:
Emission Ordering Options:
The following emission options will be used for 2016 model year GM vehicles.
FE9
FEDERAL EMISSIONS.  Use for ordering vehicles that will be registered in all states except California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington State.

YF5
CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS.  Use for ordering vehicles that will be registered in California.

NE1 CT/DE/ME/MD/MA/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA EMISSIONS. Use for ordering vehicles that will be registered in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington State.

Please be aware that vehicles ordered/produced with emission option FE9 cannot be sold for registration in 
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont or Washington State unless the vehicle is 50-state certified. To determine if a FE9 vehicle is 50-state certified, in addition to checking Table 1, the dealer MUST check the underhood emission label.
Bulletin can be found here:
http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/...rces/02_pdf/2016_Model_Emissions_Bulletin.pdf

The NY DMV only references CA emissions standards compliance. So the last sentence in the snippet above states, as long as the vehicle is 50-state certified, it should be able to be registered in those states.

As far as taxes go, it depends on whether your state has a reciprocal agreement with the state of the selling dealer. You will always have to pay tax in the state of registration. If the selling Dealer lives in a non-reciprocate state, you will pay taxes there too. Double dipping.

There is just no diesel inventory in the Rochester, NY area. The trucks dealers do have are price nearly at MSRP and about 8-10K more than Laura.
Try Criswell in Thurmont, Md

~the Captain

2016 Chevy 2500Hd, PPEI tuned, CAT back exhaust, 2.5" Zone Level Kit, Moto Metal 970 wheels/Nitto Terra Grapler G2's, Custom Cab lights, LED Fogs, Resonator deleted

Reactions: drzoo2
#244 ·
For the taxes, we I purchase a car in Ohio I live in Maryland, I paid the Maryland tax rate to the dealer and they sent me a refund check. I was required to pay the taxes to the dealer due to the lender for financing.

#251 ·
In Canada GMC offers the exact same deal. You make an order based on the best promotions available at the time. If the promotions are better when your truck arrives you get to take advantage of the better deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#252 ·
Yea some trucks are still federal or 49 state legal and others are 50 state CA legal. Just depends on how its ordered.

NE1: CT/MA/MD/ME/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA Emissions

Is what my emission stated on my build sheet.

I just registered it today in Cali.

I had to get a smog check, Weight Tag from scale and CHP to Verify the Vin.

Was kind of a Pain but over all took me about 2 hrs. to do all the above.

#254 ·
I purchased already and the deal is signed and financing in place pre-approved to lock in deal. If the incentives are better when the truck lands I can take advantage, but if not the deal is already done and Feb incentives are locked in.

Reactions: Beretta96man
#255 ·
I didn't pay attention in feb to the offers, did you notice a difference this month?

#256 ·
The posted incentives were only a portion of the negotiation.

Feb was $3000 off plus $1500 trade in bonus. 1.99% interest for 4/5/6 or 7 years.

March is $4000 off and no trade in bonus. Interest is the same.

I agree with the guys who are stating $10k USD off MSRP (in Canada that is $12,500 off). If you want some sticker shock an average Denali MSRP is $92k up here.

#257 ·
did yours hit 80 Canadian?

#260 ·
Just ordered 2 2017 Denalis, $21,500 off MSRP each. (Canada)

Fellow Canadian here,
I am praying you did not buy a GM and only get 4K off MSRP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.