Ranch hand Bumper Inquiry/Comparison - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 - '19 (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017 - '19 topics not related to powertrain

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Duramax Forum Supporter

Ranch hand Bumper Inquiry/Comparison

Hello,
I am hoping for some insight from the owners of Ranch Hand front bumperís. I am unsure on which bumper to install on my 2019 Sierra; the Legend or the Summit full replacement front bumpers? I like the looks of the Summit a little better- because it is not so darn bulky. But I donít want a bumper that I will have to bend back out or replace after hitting a deer. Is the Summit up to the task of possibly hitting a deer? If not I will gladly just buy the Legend, but I am hoping for some assistance before I jump in. Also; is there still any issue with overheating caused by these aftermarket bumpers?

Current Truck:
2019 Sierra 3500HD DURAMAX L5P; W/T, 4wd, CC, SRW, Standard Box. <snow plow prep pkg, 5th wheel/goose neck prep pkg>
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4wd xTra Cab, V6, 213,xxx miles
Aftermarket Items:
-Dark as legal tint;window visors; Ranch Hand front bumper; Weathertech hood protector;
Gone but not Forgotten:
2016 Sierra 3500HD 6.0; W/T, 4wd, CC, SRW, Standard Box. <snow plow prep pkg>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:08 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

I can't speak on the sturdiness of the summit series, but I have a Ranch Hand Legend winch mount bumper and I love it. The thing is solid as a rock...I can't imagine much that would damage it! Also, at 30,000 miles on my 2018, I have never had any overheating issues. I put the bumper on when the truck was around 200 miles and I live and make long highway drives in the desert southwest (southern NM, AZ, CA).
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Also consider the Frontier brand. I have a Frontier original on my 2015 Sierra and it looks great, is not too heavy and has bounced a deer off the front. You can’t even tell. The Pro is the heavier model. I have a friend that has one and he has hit more than one deer with it and other than being dented a little, still looks pretty good.
mayerfj0 likes this.

2015 GMC 2500 HD Denali, Cooper ST MAXX 35-12.5-20, 5" Rough Country lift, & EGR pocket flares.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 03:30 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
I had a summit on my old 1500, solid bumper base but the second deer did slightly bend the upper passenger side headlight guard in. It did not impact the headlight so I still consider it a win, and I was able to pull it back into place. They also stand up to GA hogs. I tried finding pictures of the deer after but I must've deleted those, sorry man. Both are great bumpers though.

2017 GMC 2500 Denali HD
Bump steering explained
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayerfj0 View Post
I can't speak on the sturdiness of the summit series, but I have a Ranch Hand Legend winch mount bumper and I love it. The thing is solid as a rock...I can't imagine much that would damage it! Also, at 30,000 miles on my 2018, I have never had any overheating issues. I put the bumper on when the truck was around 200 miles and I live and make long highway drives in the desert southwest (southern NM, AZ, CA).
great info mayerfj0- thank you. im glad to hear there is no temperature issue
mayerfj0 likes this.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman32 View Post
Also consider the Frontier brand. I have a Frontier original on my 2015 Sierra and it looks great, is not too heavy and has bounced a deer off the front. You canít even tell. The Pro is the heavier model. I have a friend that has one and he has hit more than one deer with it and other than being dented a little, still looks pretty good.
heck yea. some real world data. I will check these out. thnaks

Current Truck:
2019 Sierra 3500HD DURAMAX L5P; W/T, 4wd, CC, SRW, Standard Box. <snow plow prep pkg, 5th wheel/goose neck prep pkg>
Aftermarket Items:
-Dark as legal tint;window visors; Ranch Hand front bumper; Weathertech hood protector;
Gone but not Forgotten:
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_DMax17 View Post
I had a summit on my old 1500, solid bumper base but the second deer did slightly bend the upper passenger side headlight guard in. It did not impact the headlight so I still consider it a win, and I was able to pull it back into place. They also stand up to GA hogs. I tried finding pictures of the deer after but I must've deleted those, sorry man. Both are great bumpers though.
heck, two deer and only a little bend- I can handle that. total win! yup- there are hogs running around on roads and such down here in Lower Alabama where im working now too- haha. thanks TX_DMax17

Current Truck:
Aftermarket Items:
Gone but not Forgotten:
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:29 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Can't speak for ranch hand but my Go Rhino doesn't cause any over heating issues.
Attached Images

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
Can't speak for ranch hand but my Go Rhino doesn't cause any over heating issues.
damn that's a good looking truck. I wil check these Go Rhino's out. thanks hdrolling
hdrolling likes this.

Current Truck:
Aftermarket Items:
Gone but not Forgotten:
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 01:58 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_coast99 View Post
damn that's a good looking truck. I wil check these Go Rhino's out. thanks hdrolling
Here what they look like on a GMC.
Attached Images

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode