Purchase Questions - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017+ L5P Duramax Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mxsledder
  • 1 Post By monkeyman
  • 1 Post By mizterwizard
  • 2 Post By Silentfun65

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Purchase Questions

Hey All - name is Ron. Brand new to the community. I'm looking at purchasing a 2015+ GMC Sierra 2500 Dinali. More specifically, 2017 with 81K miles on it from Carmax (link below). Is that too many miles? Too high of a price? Obviously with carmax, the price is the price. I'm looking for any recommendations you can provide. I appreciate it a ton. I just sold my LBZ with 360K miles on it so looking to get into something ASAP.
Thanks a ton in advance,
Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:33 PM

I don’t think it’s too far off. You can get a brand new SLT model for low 50’s w full factory warranty. With 81k miles I believe your bumper to bumper warranty is gone despite it being a just a few years old.
duraron likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:23 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman
well the 2017 is the L5P that's why I bought one!
duraron likes this.

To many vehicles to little time! New LP5 owner first 2017 GMC Denali Duramax
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:03 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

I think the price is a little high. The NADA guide for a 2017 Denali Crew cab 4X4 diesel is $47,675 for clean, $52,500 for clean retail. You are obviously looking at retail so $49,000 isn't bad but I think you could do better. However, if it is just what you are looking for it might take a long time to find a better deal. The miles are a little high for its age which knocks $3300 off the value. The bed liner and hitch add some to the value. All and all it isn't a bad option. It just is a couple of grand more than I would try for. Of course it looks good in the pictures but then they all do. In person it might have some surprises. They all do.

If you go with their financing options it is going to cost you $67,000 by the time you have a clear title in hand. Is it worth that to you?
sambor likes this.

Last edited by mizterwizard; 07-01-2019 at 06:07 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 09:03 PM

That price seems a little steep to me for the all the miles and no warranty. I would opt to pay a little more to get no miles but that is just me. Here is a 2019 Denali for under $56,000. https://www.dennisdillongmc.com/Vehi...-ID/3391649083
I know they have SLTs for less but they do have a quite a few Denali's at this price.
sambor and mizterwizard like this.

2007 GMC Sierra Vortec Max
Future owner of a 2020 GMC AT4 2500 Duramax
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all of the responses. Alot of what has been said thus far is actually validating / confirming some of my concerns regarding price and mileage. I'm in no rush and have no problem shopping around until "that one" shows up. I'm continuing to poke around the forum as well to learn as much as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode