2019 Duramax ceramic coated - Page 4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017+ L5P Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:57 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

As happy as I am with the results on the paint, I'd have to say that having the wheels coated is one of the biggest advantages.

Wheels take about the worst beating of all, as we all know. They come clean and shine like new every time. I always enjoy seeing the reflection chop on other cars or buildings as I pass. It reminds me of when I had big, shiny twenties on my monte carlo

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:32 PM

owning a detailing company (supplies and labour) I've coated many a vehicle - including all of my own with all the top coatings (optimum, Cquartz, Gtechniq etc.)

for those who think the coating is failing, try a good decontamination wash - sometimes its just some buildup on the coating affecting the hydrophobic quality of the coating. Carpro has a great shampoo you can use (semi annually to annually) to keep the coating at its best- its called reset. there are also lots of other tips/tricks to promoting the coating longevity. Reset or another good decontamination wash will do a great job restoring the like new performance of the coating if it is still intact.

the ceramic coatings are great, but there are times i prefer other products. i just picked up my new Silverado and didn't have time to do a full correction and coating prior to a trip to Florida, so i broke out one of my all time favourites - the Klasse Twins (although i did consider 2 coats of rejex another amazing product). turned out pretty good with a lot less work. its not perfect, but it is protected (and most likely totally protected until spring) and the bugs came off super easy.
Attached Images

Noble_dmax likes this.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 07:17 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

[QUOTE=lobster poutine;12200741]owning a detailing company (supplies and labour) I've coated many a vehicle - including all of my own with all the top coatings (optimum, Cquartz, Gtechniq etc.)

Pure mirror. I love it.

Not like it will change anything, and I'm more than extremely happy with my coating. I'm just curious about your opinions on r1 coatings.

What do you think @lobster poutine ?

Ps: I gotta ask lol: is that lobster with gravy or what?

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 03:55 AM

Lightbulb

[quote=Noble_dmax;12201619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster poutine View Post
owning a detailing company (supplies and labour) I've coated many a vehicle - including all of my own with all the top coatings (optimum, Cquartz, Gtechniq etc.)

Pure mirror. I love it.

Not like it will change anything, and I'm more than extremely happy with my coating. I'm just curious about your opinions on r1 coatings.

What do you think @lobster poutine ?

Ps: I gotta ask lol: is that lobster with gravy or what?
Sorry Noble_dmax ive never heard of or tired R1 coatings. there are so many companys coming out with coatings now, but im sure they are just as comperable as other coatings. r1 seems to be similar to ceramicoat with its 9h hardness so I'm sure its good. they key to coatings is the prep (which i believe was said earlier in-the thread)

as for lobster putine yes i guess in theory that is what it is! fries topped with gravy and lobster! I was only trying to come up with a witty name to represent im from Canada! not sure id really put gravy on lobster, but maybe a hollandiase on lobster and fries? LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode