Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Traction Bars

25K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  M Paolo 
#1 ·
Looking into a traction bar (bolt on, don’t want to weld anything).
Leaning towards the HSP bars. Whats everyone running and why?
Any brands better/worse than others?
Anyone running the HSP on a 2017 or newer? Their website says it fits up to 2016, but I assume they’re the same for my 2017?
Also, I’m running a BDS 6.5” lift if that matters at all.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

See less See more
Reactions: Ron505
#5 ·
It was between those two companies for me when I was deciding which bars to buy. A quick search of each company brought up some not so great things about longhorn and nothing but good about HSP so I went with HSP. Install is simple but a pain and the anchor bolts they use can be tricky to get seated but once they’re in they make for a great install. I have 8k miles on mine with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I personally went with rough country traction bars, cheap, easy install and I like the "Ladder" design.

#8 ·
Yea ill grab a couple pics when I get home form work

#9 ·
I researched a few different companies and went with the Longhorn Fab ones with the pro grade ends, Love em, they look good and have been great when you step on the pedal. Got the bolt on kit and had a shop install them as I don't have the room or time to do them myself. I will say this, the bolt on for a 2015 is a pain on the driver side as my mechanic said that they had to unstrap the gas tank to drill the holes in the frame. Took longer and in the long run, I should have had them welded on. Still it looks really great under the truck.

#12 ·
The ride really hasn't changed EXCEPT, when you drive on streets with a bunch of pot holes, it is a little more stiff. I haven't had a chance to tow my trailer yet as it has been raining her in the northern parts of California. We do have several trips planned. I did talk with a couple of other truck owners who have traction bars on their rigs (different brand of bars and vehicles) and they say it helps. I also have a Airlift Ultimate 5000 air bag setup and will put all of it to the test in the next month or so. The big test will be in July heading to Oregon. Hope this helps

#14 ·
I'm pretty keen on bars from One Up Offroad. They peak the price point, but I feel like OUO has a very good reputation. Last year I bought an '08 LMM that was outfitted with a Cognito 7" ntbd lift and rear blocks.. I'm really wanting bars, and thinking I may go with One Up. Anyone have/had them?

#15 ·
Anyone running the HSP on a 2017 or newer? Their website says it fits up to 2016, but I assume they’re the same for my 2017?

Thanks!

If you're running the BDS lift kit, why not the recoil traction bars from them as well? They're bolt on and covered under their same warranty.

BDS RECOIL Traction bars

#16 ·
Hey Everyone,

I've got a 2002 chevy 2500hd. I've been looking into track bars for a bit now and have got different ideas from different people with different driving styles. The track system I'm most interested in right now I'm not sure what it is called but I have attached a picture to see if anyone knows anything about them, I cant find very much information on them and maybe a place I can pick one up. I dont really want to build one, if I dont have to.

Hope someone can help, thanks

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

#21 ·

Thanks!
I am running the BDS recoil traction bars on my 18 GMC with their lift. I can’t compare to any other brands. Definitely noticeable when you hammer down, the ass sits and goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.