Turbo horn install - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017+ L5P Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Turbo horn install

So I went to install the turbo horn on both my L5P as well as my fathers. After about an hour of trying to get the driver side bolt loose I gave up. Has anyone else installed one of these? I was using a 1/4 inch drive with a long extension and knuckle but cant seem to get the right angle. It looks like I could take off the AC lines and one of the alternator screws and probably open up some room. Just curious if anyone has installed this part with success... Thanks in advance

2017 GMC Denali: 5% tint all around, 55% windshield, RC traction bars, 6" Fabtech, 20x12 Hostile Stykers, 35x13.5 Toyo A/T
2003 LB7 ECSB Too much air, too much fuel(Died 26May2017)
Daily Driver: 2014 Cruze TDI, cold air intake (best mod ever), 5% all the way around

PhotoBucket: http://s793.photobucket.com/user/mic...bock1/library/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Okay well I figured it out. Whole thing took about 30 minutes like it should have when you have the right tool. I went out and got a knuckled 13mm socket and it was as easy as that.
Attached Images

Noble_dmax and eli_harper13 like this.

2017 GMC Denali: 5% tint all around, 55% windshield, RC traction bars, 6" Fabtech, 20x12 Hostile Stykers, 35x13.5 Toyo A/T
Daily Driver: 2014 Cruze TDI, cold air intake (best mod ever), 5% all the way around

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:20 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Glad you figured it out, looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9/26/17 80k miles with no issues...

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--

Engine rebuilt @ 170,000 miles due to hole in cylinder #7
First start on 5/13/16

8/29/17 REBUILD 2.0 @ 295k miles

255k miles on 4/1/17, and goin' strong...

S&B Intake, 3" MBRP downpipe, Flo-Pro 5" downpipe back exhaust/no muffler, PPEI tuned no longer, MOONSHINE tuned by Tony @ RidgeRunner, Airdog lift pump...

Monitoring via CTS2

Engine
Fingers Oval Bowl pistons @ 17.5:1 .040 over
Carrillo rods
chromoly pushrods
SoCal Girdle
ATI Super-Damper
ARP main and head studs
Keyed crank and cam
SDP CP3 coversion w/ Sportsman pump

Suspension
305/55/20 MT Baja ATZ P3s on stock 20's...
Kryptonite tie rods/centerlink

BUILD THREAD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:50 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Apparently, i'm confused. That's not the same part as this. Correct? It looks like it goes in the same location. Sorry for the dumb question
Attached Images

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

Traded:05 lly ccsb 205k miles, built trans and supporting mods

Traded:09 LMM CCLB Bone stock, fully loaded. 86xxx miles.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble_dmax View Post
Apparently, i'm confused. That's not the same part as this. Correct? It looks like it goes in the same location. Sorry for the dumb question
That is the intake/resonator delete. I did get that part, but also bought the turbo intake horn and PCV reroute as well.

https://www.wcfab.com/i-31643959-201...tegory:1392636
Noble_dmax likes this.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:29 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Thanks for the reply. Someday i'm getting one lol. How was that install? Looks very straight forward

2018 GMC l5p ccsb stone blue metallic. Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackles. Truxedo tonneau cover. 20% tint. B&W turnover ball hitch. N Fab running boards, Duraflaps, Rhino lined bed

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Someday i'm getting one lol. How was that install? Looks very straight forward
Honestly its all a breeze. The intake piping consists of two claps and one nut (for the resonator). The turbo horn was also super easy once i had the right tool, just two 13mm bolts. PCV reroute just required extending the hose and venting to atmosphere so the blow by/ crankcase doesn't vent back into the intake

Just finished up installing mine on my '17 L5P then went over and did my dads 19 L5P

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:46 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Fantastic. Thanks for the info! I know who I'll be pm'ing if I run into an issue when i finally get approval for one from the boss lady lol. Unless the ROTM is favorable for me this month.

The white looks good. I'm kinda stuck on what powder color to get. I'm thinking an electric type blue that will kinda match the truck. My lly had all black powder piping. I won't be doing that again.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Fantastic. Thanks for the info! I know who I'll be pm'ing if I run into an issue when i finally get approval for one from the boss lady lol. Unless the ROTM is favorable for me this month.

The white looks good. I'm kinda stuck on what powder color to get. I'm thinking an electric type blue that will kinda match the truck. My lly had all black powder piping. I won't be doing that again.
Yea I opted for gloss white to go with the summit white paint, then gloss black to go with my dads truck since he is simple like that. I has the illusion orange on my old truck with my IC piping and S467. Honestly I have been a big fan of the frosted look with alot of these new powder coating jobs. Best bet is always send out for a few swatches from prismatic powders.
Noble_dmax likes this.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:21 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

I've been tempted to just go to the wehrli shop just to see what they have. They're only about an hour from me

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode