My Son, and The Banks Derringer - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017+ L5P Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '17 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 09:31 AM

I have an lbz with the banks 4” exhaust . If I could do it over I’d go 5” . Mine looks decent but my tailpipe is out too far , I may try cutting it and adding a 5” tip
Attached Images

2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4 2500hd LBZ - 139k miles

Last edited by Jberger93; 06-12-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

So I ordered the intake and 5" exhaust from Banks. Of course, the intake is on backorder as many have stated on here from before. The exhaust is coming next week. I will get it installed first as we are getting ready for a camping trip and ruin the front of the camper.

Edit 4/4/14
2017 CC SRW Midnight Edition - Love the new truck.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

So I received the Derringer today for Father's Day. However, upon the request of my son, I must wait till he returns to install. I Don't have to wait for the install of the exhaust. I plan on doing that this week whenit arrives. Of course, the intake is on backorder.

Edit 4/4/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Went ahead and installed the Banks 5" exhaust last night. Wow, what a difference in size from stock. Getting ready to pull the camper this weekend and really didn't want to melt anything. I swear, just driving around the block last night, I must have gained 50HP and 20 miles per gallon on fuel.

No, not really. Just seems like it has more power, but really cannot tell. I don't drive full throttle most days.

I did have a little issue with the tube in the stock. Had to work it with PB Blaster, loosen it, tighten it, spray, until it came out. May end up ordering that tube to replace it.

Edit 4/4/14
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Pictures
Attached Images

Black HD likes this.

Edit 4/4/14
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

On the truck.
Attached Images

Edit 4/4/14
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 06:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icutmetl View Post
Id buy anything Banks, EXCEPT for their exhaust systems. I installed a full stainless PowerPack system on a 97 F350, and it looked like crap from front to back within a year. Fit like a glove; looked like crap. Carbon steel clamps; not even the hood band style. I still have rust spots in my driveway from that truck. I attempted to engage Banks twice via email, with very little response and no resolution.
Customer service over at Banks has definitely changed and improved over the years. If you are still having trouble let me know and I can get you in-contact with some at Banks who will help resolve your issue.

For the OP you can also take a look at the Derringer & iDash Owner groups that were created on FB to ask questions, do some research or get advice. Several Banks employee's are also on there and will help out anytime.

'17 Silverado 2500HD High Country 4x4 - Pepperdust Metallic - BDS 4.5" Lift - Fox 2.0 Factory Series Shcoks w/ Reservoir - Fuel Beast D564 (20x10) - 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers - BodyGuard A2L Sport Front Bumper w/ Rigid Dually Spot, D2 Driving Lights and 30" E2 Series Hyperspot/Driving Light Bar - BodyGuard A2 rear bumper w/ Rigid D2 flush mount lights - Color matched fender flares - Blacked out Emblems - Merchant Automotive Transmission Housing Support - Banks Derringer w/ triple iDash 1.8
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

So, we finally got everything installed. WOW, it really wakes this truck up. The dead pedal is gone, which is something I hated about my truck.

He helped with the install. Routing wires and helping with handing tools. He joked about each bandtie adding one horsepower and two footpounds of torque. I guess I added about 20 extra horsepower on the install due to them. The fun part is, he is going to drive it tomorrow to work.

Best upgrade on the truck so far. Can't wait to hook to the camper in the coming weeks.

Bill
Black HD likes this.

Edit 4/4/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in