2020 Chevy HD - Page 46 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

182Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
I know 3" of length is in the back seat of a CC model. I'm 5'11", sat in the back seat with the driver's seat all the way back and had 3+" between my legs and the back of the driver's seat.
Did you go see them at that show?

Impressions?

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 400,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:49 PM

Can't wait until I can get one! another year and I can be in debt again for another 5 years.
post #453 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 05:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESMO View Post

This Photoshop pic got me hooked. Going down to the dealer today with my checkbook.
Thatís the best looking 2020 Iíve seen!
2THE9S likes this.

2019 GMC Denali 3500 Crew Cab, single wheel, standard bed, Onyx black, black leather, Duramax Plus, Fast Idle, Grille Cover, Cab Marker Lights, Off-Road, Floor Liners, Mud Flaps, Gooseneck Prep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
Did you go see them at that show?

Impressions?
lt,

I did go to the show. When my family and I entered the arena, we were in the Chevy area. I looked around and spotted the Cajun red tint '20 Chevy LTZ and made a bee line for it. It does not look as bad in person, I cannot explain why but it is acceptable in person. The Chevy was locked and was unable to get inside. The Chevy folk said the truck was pre-production and the production units may differ. I posted my pics but I doubt they will look any better than the others that were posted. I do like the bed side step, it is a nice addition. The tailgate no longer had a handle to open, just push a button to open, not sure how that is going to work long term. The emergency brake is electric, push a button and it is activated and as mentioned the truck is equipped with keyless entry and start. The mirrors are nice and big and do power fold and extend. These should be great for towing. The DEF tank has moved, I didn't get under the truck to look for it, but it is tucked between the frame rails somewhere. The DEF fill is next to the diesel fill, so that will be convenient.

There was '20 GMC Denali that was unlocked, but there was a long crowd around it. I didn't get any pics of the interior, but it looked very similar to the 1/2 tons with a few minor changes specific to the HD family line. I sat in it, it was very comfortable and the back seat has a lot more room than my '02 does. I didn't stay long as there was a line of people. The one thing I am not crazy about is the tilt wheel. On my '02 and every other Chevy I've driven, the wheel tilt joint is located at the point the column extends past the instrument panel. The new trucks, the tilt joint is farther back, under the dash. It has a totally different feel and I couldn't adjust it like I can on mine. I guess I will get use to that over time. The steering column not only tilts but telescopes as well.

The top of the bed was about level with the top of the bed on my '02, but my '02 has a 2" lift and running 35's. The hood is a totally different animal. Where the hood on my '02 slopes downward, the hood on the '20s feels like it is almost level to the ground. At the front of the truck, the '20s hood is a good 6-8" higher than my '02.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

-Mark
Attached Images

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

410k miles and still running great! (9/18)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #455 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
lt,

I did go to the show. When my family and I entered the arena, we were in the Chevy area. I looked around and spotted the Cajun red tint '20 Chevy LTZ and made a bee line for it. It does not look as bad in person, I cannot explain why but it is acceptable in person. The Chevy was locked and was unable to get inside. The Chevy folk said the truck was pre-production and the production units may differ. I posted my pics but I doubt they will look any better than the others that were posted. I do like the bed side step, it is a nice addition. The tailgate no longer had a handle to open, just push a button to open, not sure how that is going to work long term. The emergency brake is electric, push a button and it is activated and as mentioned the truck is equipped with keyless entry and start. The mirrors are nice and big and do power fold and extend. These should be great for towing. The DEF tank has moved, I didn't get under the truck to look for it, but it is tucked between the frame rails somewhere. The DEF fill is next to the diesel fill, so that will be convenient.

There was '20 GMC Denali that was unlocked, but there was a long crowd around it. I didn't get any pics of the interior, but it looked very similar to the 1/2 tons with a few minor changes specific to the HD family line. I sat in it, it was very comfortable and the back seat has a lot more room than my '02 does. I didn't stay long as there was a line of people. The one thing I am not crazy about is the tilt wheel. On my '02 and every other Chevy I've driven, the wheel tilt joint is located at the point the column extends past the instrument panel. The new trucks, the tilt joint is farther back, under the dash. It has a totally different feel and I couldn't adjust it like I can on mine. I guess I will get use to that over time. The steering column not only tilts but telescopes as well.

The top of the bed was about level with the top of the bed on my '02, but my '02 has a 2" lift and running 35's. The hood is a totally different animal. Where the hood on my '02 slopes downward, the hood on the '20s feels like it is almost level to the ground. At the front of the truck, the '20s hood is a good 6-8" higher than my '02.

-Mark
Thanks for sharing the pictures and the info Mark! Did they have an AT4 HD at the show? And if so what did you think of it?

2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
post #456 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
lt,

-Mark
Thanks for the post!

Still don't like the grill on the Chevy but the GMC looks fine. I know what you mean about photos vs. in person. I thought the '19 half tons were horrible until I went and checked them out at the dealer. Not bad at all in person.... I'm just not so sure about that Chevy grill though!

I checked out the back seat in the '19 half ton I test drove and compared it to a '19 2500 they had. That comparison is what made me decide to wait for the new body style on the HD rather than buying a '19.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 400,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
post #457 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerBob View Post
Thanks for sharing the pictures and the info Mark! Did they have an AT4 HD at the show? And if so what did you think of it?
HuskerBob,

The only two '20 HDs there was the Chevy LTZ and the GMC Denali. I wish there would have been more, but that was all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
Thanks for the post!

Still don't like the grill on the Chevy but the GMC looks fine. I know what you mean about photos vs. in person. I thought the '19 half tons were horrible until I went and checked them out at the dealer. Not bad at all in person.... I'm just not so sure about that Chevy grill though!
Lt,

My wife was confident the truck would look better in person, and she was right. The GMC grill, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't look right. There is a lot of grill going on there and I know it is because of the very large radiator. I would like to see a Chevy HC in person, but I'm not a fan of the body color matched front and rear bumpers, I'm an old school chrome kinda guy! With that said, the Chevy ALMOST has too much chrome, needs something to breakup the grill leading into the bumper. A black bumper pad may would break it up a bit.

-Mark

VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

post #458 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:37 PM

I went to an auto show recently that had a '20 Silverado but no Sierra. The Silverado was just as ugly in person as it is in the pictures.

The mirrors look actually look better in person, but what doesn't look good is the blank cover they put in place of where the mirrors should be. Also the bed seemed very shallow to me, not sure on the actual dimensions but my friend noticed it as well.
post #459 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:35 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I will not give anyone crap about disagreeing with me. I loved the sneak peak pic that GM put out 6-8 months ago, so much that it was the wallpaper on my computers. When the first full picture came out, I was so disappointed, thought the truck was going to look very mean. Seeing it in person, in my opinion, the truck didn't look as bad. Either it was because the truck is not photogenic or i'm getting use to the looks. I freaked out when I first saw the 1988 truck initially. I thought that thing was ugly as sin compared to the '87 version. Took a bit to get use to it and it doesn't bother me any longer. I hope the '20 will do the same over time.

My honest opinion, i believe the best looking truck GM put out in the last 20 years was the Chevy '01/'02 HDs (which I am the proud owner of one)! Seeing the LTZ in person, I believe I can live with it vs. my initial reaction. With that said, I am looking to using this beast to tow my soon to purchase 5th wheel and travel the country. The good thing is I will not see the grill from inside the truck!

Last edited by DMaxRocks; 04-11-2019 at 09:38 AM.
post #460 of 482 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I will not give anyone crap about disagreeing with me. I loved the sneak peak pic that GM put out 6-8 months ago, so much that it was the wallpaper on my computers. When the first full picture came out, I was so disappointed, thought the truck was going to look very mean. Seeing it in person, in my opinion, the truck didn't look as bad. Either it was because the truck is not photogenic or i'm getting use to the looks. I freaked out when I first saw the 1988 truck initially. I thought that thing was ugly as sin compared to the '87 version. Took a bit to get use to it and it doesn't bother me any longer. I hope the '20 will do the same over time.

My honest opinion, i believe the best looking truck GM put out in the last 20 years was the Chevy '01/'02 HDs (which I am the proud owner of one)! Seeing the LTZ in person, I believe I can live with it vs. my initial reaction. With that said, I am looking to using this beast to tow my soon to purchase 5th wheel and travel the country. The good thing is I will not see the grill from inside the truck!

I feel the same way and would love to have one of these in my driveway!

2018 GMC Denali 3500 SRW CC SB 4x4 D/A in Frost white.

2015.5 GMC Denali 3500 SRW CC SB 4x4 D/A in Summit white. Traded

2013 Cadillac CTS-V Black Raven coupe 6mt.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 3500 SRW CC SB 4x4 D/A in Graystone metallic. Traded

2003 GMC SLE 2500 CC SB 4x4 D/A in Summit white. SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode