Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2020 Chevy HD

160K views 625 replies 117 participants last post by  FROGMAN524 
#1 ·
GM just dropped a teaser picture of the 2020 HD.

Some more info here. Apparently Ford and Ram are also going to have some upgrades to theirs too:

Attachments

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
looks pretty cool

#3 ·
Need to see more. Not a fan......yet.

#4 ·
Looks like it could be interesting. The big question is how big of a dent will one of these put in the pocket book? My 15 CC/LB LTZ was $65K when I ordered it. Just wondering if they are going to start hitting their price peak like the snowmobile industry appears to be.

#6 ·
Interesting thing...there isn't a bowtie on the front grill. I believe the last time Chevy had a truck without a bowtie on the grill was in '66! My goal, if my '02 (with 400k miles) holds out, I'm planning on buying a '20. I like the initial looks of the truck, just want to see more!

I am curious about the mirrors, I know they probably will not attach to the door using the current mounting scheme, looks like they will mount to the door skin. With a single support vs. two tubes of the current mirrors, not sure how the mirror will extend. I guess only time will tell.

#8 ·
In the same boat with the same plans - 2002 w/ 387k and waiting for the 20's to come out to replace it. After 16 years driving it so far, I am really looking forward to several of the newer features and gizmos. Especially the 36 gallon tank.

I see they elected to keep the hood scoop..... and that's about all you really tell from that pic!

#7 ·
Think $60k will get me rear seat HVAC, keyless ignition, and a couple more cameras in 2020? If not, they can keep it.

#12 ·
New for 2019, from the order guide:

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD

Deletions

Regular Cab models
(CC25753) Double Cab model

New Features

(STY) Silverado HD Buildout Edition
Grille, chrome with chrome mesh insert on WT and LT models
(GB8) Mosaic Black Metallic

FWIW, the other DC 2500 versions will be available. (4wd std box and 2wd/4wd long box)
Just the 2wd std box and the reg cabs will be unavailable -- presumably til they reappear as '20's

#14 ·
My first set of injectors went out at 80k miles and they've been damn near like clockwork ever since. Got 30k miles on the 5th set (first 2 sets under warranty) and it should be right at time for another set when the '20s come out and I'm ready to replace it.

My brother has a 2003 with the ZF. At the time, he fell in love with mine but the Allison was still new and he didn't trust it yet so he bought his with the ZF. Pretty sure he's going to end up with a '20 too.

#15 ·
Roof lights look interesting, not just a flat light in the center anymore.

#17 ·
Good to know that I am not the only one with an older DMax. My '03 injectors started failing at 190k, and the past 2 years and 3 returns to the shop with 10k price have been painful, but I fault the LB7 design more than the shop. I have gotten trade fever a couple of times and the 2020 sounds great.

One thing I just do not understand is why buyers put up with a high hoodline. All makers now make a hood so high that at 5'-8, I'm not a tall man, but I have walked past some 'factory' PUs in parking lots and am put off by a hood that is at my collarbone. Seems like from the drivers seat that you might not see a Miata or child walking across the front.

#18 ·
I think it's "small penis syndrome". Ford has made a career of selling "tough" trucks that aren't any tougher than anyone else's but they "look tough" because they sit up so high. Like it or not, it sells trucks. I'm like you, I don't want to climb in and out of a truck that sits so high. I also use my truck as a service vehicle and I am in and out of parking garages quite often. I was in one Thursday this week. Clearance in that garage is 6'2". My 2002 sits at 6'1" so I just barely make it, but I do. I think the 2018s sit at 6'3" stock so I do have concerns about the '20s.

#19 ·
#21 ·
That looks like a wreck that was pieced together at a junk yard!

Reactions: chevor
#22 ·
I think we can all agree that we hope it doesn't look like that. I just threw up a little looking at it. I guess on the plus side, values of the current trucks should stay the same or go up if the 20s do really look like that.

#23 ·
I bet it's not far from it though...when you look at the leaked pic and back at the 2019 1500's its bound to be somewhat a close reality. I hope...I'm wrong.

PS. Foot = In Mouth on the Dodge Mirror jokes. UN-BE-LEAVE-ABLE.

#25 ·
I like the color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43 ·
Anybody have spy shots of the 2020 GMC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.