2020 Chevy HD - Page 48 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

185Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:48 PM

That is a dang nice looking truck! I’m going to be replacing my F350 platinum later this year and a new Denali HD is likely in my future. I sure wish they did a bit better job on the interiors but all in all a very nice truck.
I have a feeling they will have a high output version of the L5p to compete with Fords soon to be released power numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Ouch!

New Truck Buyer
Attached Images

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
post #473 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerBob View Post
Saw these on Instagram....
What is with the lights over each wheel? This and the Chevy will go down as the worst design decision ever made. I bet that designers are already redesigning and will have a 2021 implementation. This is like the bulbous Chevy lumina Jetson mobile of trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #474 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_tech_02 View Post
What is with the lights over each wheel? This and the Chevy will go down as the worst design decision ever made. I bet that designers are already redesigning and will have a 2021 implementation. This is like the bulbous Chevy lumina Jetson mobile of trucks.
My theory is they designed the GMC first, which is already somewhat of an eyesore, but decent looking enough that if you needed a new truck it wouldn't stop you from buying one.

Then, in order to keep up the image of GMC being more "premium" than Chevrolet, they had to make the Chevy even uglier. But the bar was already so low that they had no choice but to make it look the way it does.
post #475 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_tech_02 View Post

Really? Interestingly enough, quite a few people said they look the look of the Denali. I highly doubt worst design ever made.
post #476 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Cienfuegos View Post
Really? Interestingly enough, quite a few people said they look the look of the Denali. I highly doubt worst design ever made.
I personally like the new designs and I like the fact that both trucks are completely different from the existing models. I love my current 2018 Denali 2500HD but I'm happy that the 2020 models will be a completely different design. That's one of the things I dislike about the Dodge HD trucks, they really haven't changed their basic concept much over the years. I've purchased GM trucks dating back to 1980 and I listened to the same criticism every time they introduced a new model and every time I bought one. I haven't seen the new 2020's in person yet but I'm guessing that I will have one in my garage in the near future. Everyone's personality is different and some don't like change but I would suggest to wait and see them in person before running out to buy a Ford or Dodge....
CntrlCalDmax, JimmyD and DMaxRocks like this.

2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
post #477 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:36 AM

HuskerBob,

I'm glad you made this post. We hear the same disparaging comment on every model change. When Chevy went from the '02 to the '03, the design was bad mouthed saying it looked too much like an avalanche. I know for me personally, when Chevy made the change from '87 to '88, I was very disappointed in the design. What can I say, it grew on me.

When Chevy leaked to pic of the top of the grill with the hood and mirrors, I loved that shot. I thought this will be one bada$$ looking truck. I was totally shocked and disappointed when Chevy released the full frontal picture.

I was fortunate enough to be able to see a '20 Chevy and GMC in person. The Chevy looks pretty good in person, a lot better than it does in pics. I do not know why this is the case, but it is. The trucks in person are very impressive (now I'm coming from an '02 so take that into consideration). I was concerned with the height of the bed for towing a 5er, but the truck bed height is on par with my '02 that's equipped with a 2" lift and running 35's. I never had an issue with getting bed clearance or keeping the camper level. I do believe the '20 truck's bed height is approximately an inch or so lower than the '17-19s. The hood, now that is another story. The hood must be 6-8" taller than my '02. I will definitely option the truck with the front sensors.

I will be ordering my new truck in the fall of this year. I just hope i will get the same service out of the new one as i did my '02.

-Mark

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles and still running great! (5/19)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #478 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

I just received this from my Fleet Manager: YAY!!!!

They just opened up the order bank on the short boxes. We will be able to start ordering the long box on June 6th and the Dually's on July 18th. If you have time to swing by I can show you what options are going to be available.

2016 Silverado 3500HD Dually CrewCab. High Country Edition. Summit White. 4x4. DMax/Allison; Stock for now, but learning fast!
post #479 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:04 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Everybody needs a new vehicle. Sometimes that is all that matters. Personally, looks are about 5 or 6 on the list behind cost of ownership, reliability, utility and a few other things. Still, I think they could have done a better job on the front end.
post #480 of 485 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mune237 View Post
I just received this from my Fleet Manager: YAY!!!!

They just opened up the order bank on the short boxes. We will be able to start ordering the long box on June 6th and the Dually's on July 18th. If you have time to swing by I can show you what options are going to be available.
I am not exactly sure what you mean by "order bank", does that mean pricing will be available on short box trucks now? Or does it mean we can start ordering short box trucks and pricing will follow in the near future?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles and still running great! (5/19)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode