2020 Chevy HD - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

2020 Chevy HD

GM just dropped a teaser picture of the 2020 HD.

Some more info here. Apparently Ford and Ram are also going to have some upgrades to theirs too:

Attached Images

2017 GMC 2500 Denali HD|Southern Trucks 2" Level|Fox 2.0's|285/65r20's|Retrax ProMX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 10:31 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

looks pretty cool

2015 Denali 2500HD 4x4
Xtreme Diesel blocker plates, S&B intake, Flo-Pro, AirDog, EZ LYNX
Titan fuel tank, Kicker sound, Ridge Grapplers, Bushwacker flares, Weather Tech & Carhartt, Hood scoop, Three fuel filter heaters~
self loader tow truck, wireless Air Lift bags & five Bilsteins
post #3 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:03 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Need to see more. Not a fan......yet.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:50 AM

Looks like it could be interesting. The big question is how big of a dent will one of these put in the pocket book? My 15 CC/LB LTZ was $65K when I ordered it. Just wondering if they are going to start hitting their price peak like the snowmobile industry appears to be.

2015 Chevy LML 2500HD LTZ CC/LB
14" Duraflap Mudflaps
ICI Wheel to Wheel SS Running Boards
Bushwacker OE Fender Flares
Northland Aluminum Front Bumper/Grille Guard
EDGE CTS2/EGT Probe
MBRP Downpipe /5" Flo Pro Exhaust
PPEI ECM/TCM Tunes
Airdog 4g 165 Lift Pump
Deviant EGR Plates/Merchant Auto PCV Reroute
295/55R20 Toyo MT's on Stock Rims/Height
post #5 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 08:05 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Looks like a Megatron version of the old Colorado?

SOLD- 02 ECSB LB7- R.I.P.

2005 CCSB Z71 Silverado, Factory 5.3, 06 Front Clip, Cooper AT3/Ion 171's, Too Many LED'S....
post #6 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Interesting thing...there isn't a bowtie on the front grill. I believe the last time Chevy had a truck without a bowtie on the grill was in '66! My goal, if my '02 (with 400k miles) holds out, I'm planning on buying a '20. I like the initial looks of the truck, just want to see more!

I am curious about the mirrors, I know they probably will not attach to the door using the current mounting scheme, looks like they will mount to the door skin. With a single support vs. two tubes of the current mirrors, not sure how the mirror will extend. I guess only time will tell.

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

410k miles and still running great! (9/18)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #7 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts6175 View Post
GM just dropped a teaser picture of the 2020 HD.

Some more info here. Apparently Ford and Ram are also going to have some upgrades to theirs too:

Think $60k will get me rear seat HVAC, keyless ignition, and a couple more cameras in 2020? If not, they can keep it.
Brownhb likes this.

2017 Silverado 3500 LTZ (Summit White) | CC SB SRW | Z71 | Duramax L5P | Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover | Draw-Tite front receiver | AIMS 3kw inverter-charger | Titan Travel Trekker 50-gallon auxiliary fuel tank
post #8 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
Interesting thing...there isn't a bowtie on the front grill. I believe the last time Chevy had a truck without a bowtie on the grill was in '66! My goal, if my '02 (with 400k miles) holds out, I'm planning on buying a '20. I like the initial looks of the truck, just want to see more!

I am curious about the mirrors, I know they probably will not attach to the door using the current mounting scheme, looks like they will mount to the door skin. With a single support vs. two tubes of the current mirrors, not sure how the mirror will extend. I guess only time will tell.
In the same boat with the same plans - 2002 w/ 387k and waiting for the 20's to come out to replace it. After 16 years driving it so far, I am really looking forward to several of the newer features and gizmos. Especially the 36 gallon tank.

I see they elected to keep the hood scoop..... and that's about all you really tell from that pic!

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 400,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
post #9 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
In the same boat with the same plans - 2002 w/ 387k and waiting for the 20's to come out to replace it. After 16 years driving it so far, I am really looking forward to several of the newer features and gizmos. Especially the 36 gallon tank.

I see they elected to keep the hood scoop..... and that's about all you really tell from that pic!

I'm with you...I have a friend with an '18 and he wanted me to take it for a drive. I told him no thanks, my '02 drives great and runs great, I want it to feel that way until I'm ready to get a new one. I don't know what I'll do with all the new bells and whistles!!! But i have to say, my '02 has been the best truck I have ever owned (it is 1 of 6 Chevy trucks I've owned).

-Mark
Oilcan likes this.

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

410k miles and still running great! (9/18)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #10 of 470 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
I'm with you...I have a friend with an '18 and he wanted me to take it for a drive. I told him no thanks, my '02 drives great and runs great, I want it to feel that way until I'm ready to get a new one. I don't know what I'll do with all the new bells and whistles!!! But i have to say, my '02 has been the best truck I have ever owned (it is 1 of 6 Chevy trucks I've owned).

-Mark
I have very deliberately stayed off the dealer lots for the past 16 years!! Have a friend with a '16 duramax... I haven't even seen it yet!! I treat him like a vampire - "stay back!!" LOL

This has definitely been a great truck. I really could have done w/o the LB7 injector problems but otherwise, it has been awesome. Put 200k, 250k and 275k miles on the last 3 trucks (all 1/2 ton gas) and they were all pretty tired by the time I replaced them. This one? Pretty sure I could drive it for another 600k miles easy if I could hold the new truck bug off that long! It'll be about 17.5 years when I replace this one and I think that is pretty close to my limit! I'd have bought a '19 if they weren't coming out with the new one for '20. I waited this long, I can wait another year.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 400,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode