2019 Silverado door Clunking - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

2019 Silverado door Clunking

Hey guys/gals,
I have a 2019 Silverado 2500hd, CCSB, LTZ that is making a "clunking" noise when driving. It is coming from the driver side door and happens when going slow, medium and highway speeds. It sounds like it is coming from the striker area or door latch inside the door. The dealership has had the truck for over 2 weeks, pulled the door panels and found nothing. Also, if I run my fingers up the inside door panel along the seal, where the top of the door meets the cab, I can place my fingertips, up to the first knuckle, between the door seals and cab with very little effort. Also, when I close the door from the outside, you can see the top of the door bounce. Obviously, there is wind noise inside the cab as well. The truck has 1400 miles and the dealership has had it in their driveway more than me...

Any similar issues??
Any advice??

Yes, I am a noob to the forum, but I look forward to helping and learning from others. I am new to diesels, but not to GM or 2500hd's.

Thanks

2019 Silverado 2500hd LTZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:20 AM

I have the exact same thing. If I shut the door, I hear the clunk/rattle.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

BlackHatch, my door does not rattle when I close it, it clunks while I am driving it as if the door is not "snug" to the cab of the truck. Have you had your truck in the dealership to see if any clips are broken inside your door panel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 03:25 PM

Mine is a bit more of a dull clunk but I can get it to do that when I sort of slam the door. Sounds like more than a clip, more heavier clunk, but definitely part of the door.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 03:27 PM

I'll keep you posted if I get it figured out.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 07:26 AM

Any luck resolving this one?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:43 AM

Turned out that the running boards were loose as all get up.

Snugged every bolt up that I could get to and it went away. The board bolt locations that are under the DEF tank are still loose because you can't reach them too easily, but the other 4 passenger side ones are tight so that seems to have stopped the rattle.

Definitely have the crappiest type writer tick out of the motor now which I am NOT happy about. Started before the first oil change and only goes away for the first 500 miles or so on super clean oil.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 02:09 PM

I thought I had a noise from my passenger side door, and I couldn't find anything. I was riding down the road and it started making the noise and I pushed on the side of the seat and it stopped. I haven't checked the seat to see where it is coming from yet. I have a 2019 LTZ.

2019 Silverado 2500 LTZ
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:16 PM

I can actually push on the outside of the door when closed and get it to make the sound. Its like the striker needs to be adjusted inwards for a snugger fit.

2019 LTZ 2500 CC/SB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode