2020HD Specs - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

2020HD Specs

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...cid=spartandhp

05 3500 LLY CCLB 4X4
AFE turbo mouthpiece,
Banks Ottomind 6, Banks Speed Brake,
Banks Ram Air intake w/super scoop, Banks Monster exhaust, Cat delete.
Pulling a 15K+ 5th wheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:04 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

https://media.gm.ca/media/ca/en/gm/n...o-hd-2020.html

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:06 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

An enhanced Tow/Haul mode remains engaged on the next key-on cycle, for up to four hours and includes a reminder that the feature is engaged.

Finally!
jdwarren likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:13 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

This one includes curb weights, fuel tank sizes, trailering capacities, payloads, gear ratios, dimensional info.....

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...o-hd-2020.html
snowpatrol and BradL15LML like this.

Last edited by redwngr; 02-06-2019 at 08:17 AM.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:19 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwngr View Post
This one includes curb weights, fuel tank sizes, trailering capacities, payloads, gear ratios, dimensional info.....

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...o-hd-2020.html
Thanks. There may be new truck in my future.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 08:31 AM

Garage
2020HD Specs

Man, I canít wait to see what these will be like for towing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:01 AM

Garage
wow, looks like they listened to a lot of suggestions. Maybe 2021/22 I may be upgrading!

2019 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD CC DRW. Frost White/Jet Black interior. L5P w/Allison 6sp. Bone stock and looking for you all to tell me what's supposed to added...or shouldn't be to this signature. Gasser converting over to that diesel lifestyle
Adds:
Tonnosport Roll-up Cover | DuHa underseat storage | center console top tray | Carhartt seatcovers F&B in Gravel Gray | Lund Window Deflectors | Swinging bed toolbox pass. side | Duraflap Mud Guards | BedRug Bed Mat |
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:44 AM

Another feature that I ran across last night with the 2020 HDs is that the trucks have a built in cool down feature.

Once you pull off the highway and if the engine/turbo is beyond a certain temp, you simply turn off the ignition switch, get out the truck the engine will continue to run as you lock the truck and walk away. The engine will continue to idle and cool down. Once the temps are in the proper range, the engine shuts off automatically with no input from the driver.

I certainly hope that GM got this right as I can see where the electronics associated with the cool down could potentially make this feature a PIA. But if it works properly a great feature IMHO.
KazMan likes this.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:49 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Another feature that I ran across last night with the 2020 HDs is that the trucks have a built in cool down feature.

Once you pull off the highway and if the engine/turbo is beyond a certain temp, you simply turn off the ignition switch, get out the truck the engine will continue to run as you lock the truck and walk away. The engine will continue to idle and cool down. Once the temps are in the proper range, the engine shuts off automatically with no input from the driver.

I certainly hope that GM got this right as I can see where the electronics associated with the cool down could potentially make this feature a PIA. But if it works properly a great feature IMHO.
From link above:

"A diesel after-run feature specifically for use following a demanding towing situation is an additional new technology for the Duramax engine. The after-run allows the engine to keep running for up to 15 minutes to allow it to cool down using the fan and circulating coolant. If the driver puts the truck in park when an after-run situation is needed, an alert will appear on the driver information cluster directing them to keep the engine running for cool down. Should the customer ignore the message and exit the vehicle, the truck will restart on its own via remote start mode for cool-down. At that point the customer can walk away and the truck will turn itself off when the engine reaches an acceptable temperature."

Seems odd that it needs to 'restart'.

post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Garage
I could see where it could be necessary to start an actual timer in that cool down mode independent of driver.

2019 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD CC DRW. Frost White/Jet Black interior. L5P w/Allison 6sp. Bone stock and looking for you all to tell me what's supposed to added...or shouldn't be to this signature. Gasser converting over to that diesel lifestyle
Adds:
Tonnosport Roll-up Cover | DuHa underseat storage | center console top tray | Carhartt seatcovers F&B in Gravel Gray | Lund Window Deflectors | Swinging bed toolbox pass. side | Duraflap Mud Guards | BedRug Bed Mat |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode