Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Derringer on Stage 6 Setting While Towing - Fuel Rail Pressure High Code Thrown

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  757ian123 
#1 ·
We were coming out of California a few weeks ago towing our travel trailer up Mountain Pass ... and I was pushing it hard to pass a few tractor trailers (semi’s) ... and I had the engine light come on for the first time in my truck.

When we got off the pass I pulled over at the Nevada / California border exit to see what code caused the engine light to come and clear the code ... note that the Derringer would not let me check while the vehicle was moving.

I forgot to take a picture of the PIP code ... but the description was “Fuel Rail Pressure High” or something like that ... had our kids fighting in the back seat so I was distracted ... code cleared so we moved on ... and I have not seen the code again.

I did however notice that I forgot to take the Derringer out of Stage 6 mode and put it back in Stage 3 mode for towing.

Just wanted to share that I did have this issue when towing in Stage 6 and pushing it hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.