Derringer on Stage 6 Setting While Towing - Fuel Rail Pressure High Code Thrown - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 757ian123

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Garage
Derringer on Stage 6 Setting While Towing - Fuel Rail Pressure High Code Thrown

We were coming out of California a few weeks ago towing our travel trailer up Mountain Pass ... and I was pushing it hard to pass a few tractor trailers (semi’s) ... and I had the engine light come on for the first time in my truck.

When we got off the pass I pulled over at the Nevada / California border exit to see what code caused the engine light to come and clear the code ... note that the Derringer would not let me check while the vehicle was moving.

I forgot to take a picture of the PIP code ... but the description was “Fuel Rail Pressure High” or something like that ... had our kids fighting in the back seat so I was distracted ... code cleared so we moved on ... and I have not seen the code again.

I did however notice that I forgot to take the Derringer out of Stage 6 mode and put it back in Stage 3 mode for towing.

Just wanted to share that I did have this issue when towing in Stage 6 and pushing it hard.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax (L5P) Crew Cab 4x4 SRW Standard Box High Country Loaded w/ Rear Entertainment Package
Tuff Country Leveling Kit, Banks Derringer / iDash / Intake / DPF Back Exhaust, Vision Wheels, Michelin Tires, Bilstein Shocks, Front & Rear Hellwig Sway Bars, Cognito PISK, Airlift Air Bags w/ Wireless Air
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:29 PM

Good to know. I believe they said it was ok to tow on 6 in one of their videos (I could be wrong) but personally I always play it safe and would turn it down to tow...I also don't even have one yet so my opinion doesn't count for much
UTEngineer likes this.

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode