2020 GMC 2500 Denali - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2017 and up (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2017+ topics not related to powertrain

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
2020 GMC L5P 2500 Denali

So after driving a 15 LML for 5 years (bought in apr 14) I have been waiting on the new body style to come out. Have been looking in Middle GA for about a month now and finally this Denali came in to a local dealer.

First Denali I have owned. This truck is 1in higher in the front compared to the LML stock ride height. It came with 34s but I had the dealer swap my rims and tires out and will put a 34 or 35 back on it when these 33s wear thin.

It is a bit of a stiff ride but I will be throwing the rancho's to the side and going with Fox 2.0 Monotubes again and sulastic shackles. This setup along with Cognito UCAs and their keys made the truck ride great!

Several non-powertrain mods are in order: tonneau cover, window ventshades, brighter LED low/high and fog lights and some others.

Has anyone had any luck using Android Auto? I am using a Samsung Note 8 and cable (that works to charge phone). The truck does not recognize the phone for some reason. I am going to try a different cable tomorrow and see if that works.

#syntheticmotorsports
#tonneaucovers
#windowventshades
#brightestleds
#2020denaliduramaxbuild
Attached Images

Last edited by mrmanners; 08-13-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:38 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Bakflip mx4 is the only thing I found that fits.
Attached Images

mrmanners and Tecpilot like this.

2020 Denali 2500 Duramax Crewcab 4x4
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

What is the "official" interior color called?

Nice looking ride by the way.

09 GMC SLT Dually
Steel Gray Metallic
All options except sunroof

Mods so far:

Alcoa 19.5s with Michelin XZE, Centramatics,Tow Mirrors, Chrome Grill Overlay, Rear underseat storage, Mudflaps all corners, 20% Window tint, 6" Oval Steps, B&W Turnover Hitch, B&W Companion Hitch, Sulastics, GM Campaign #PIT3009J, Wireless Console Charging, Bilstein 5100s, Raptor 3602RL
DF DRW Club Member #161
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:12 PM

I received by backflip mx4 yesterday and I don't have my truck yet.
I had novakanes on LMM and I still like them - I trying to decide to get Scars or not . not sure which 20" will fit best with stock tires
had denali bought and was made mid june and not shipped yest -so changed to At4 with every option Black instead that is built later and waiting to be delivered

2020 GMC 2500HD Carbon Black Denali- 20% tint ,Black emblems, Bakflip Mx4 cover . Banks Idash

Brian- SOLD- Carbon Black Met 2009 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD SLT
EFI LIVE by Danville Performance

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:24 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Denali only interior is 'Dark Walnut/Dark Ash Grey'

'Jet black' is also available on all trims except AT4

AT4 gets 'Jet Black with Kalahari accents'

Denali seats are 'Forge Perforated Leather-appointed'

SLT and AT4 are 'Perforated Leather-appointed front seats'

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:08 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Andriod auto works fine with my galexy s8.

2020 Denali 2500 Duramax Crewcab 4x4
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelam View Post
Bakflip mx4 is the only thing I found that fits.
Thanks, it is one of the tonneau's I am considering. I loaded the ones that are available to order or pre-order into our store the other day. Retrax and Undercover. Will get the BAK ones loaded tomorrow along with everything else that is currently available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
What is the "official" interior color called?

Nice looking ride by the way.
Thanks! dark ash/walnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes442 View Post
I received by backflip mx4 yesterday and I don't have my truck yet.
I had novakanes on LMM and I still like them - I trying to decide to get Scars or not . not sure which 20" will fit best with stock tires
had denali bought and was made mid june and not shipped yest -so changed to At4 with every option Black instead that is built later and waiting to be delivered
Thanks for the pics, looks great! I thought about new rims but these are still in good shape so I didn't see a reason at the moment to make the switch. If I can help you with choices, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelam View Post
Andriod auto works fine with my galexy s8.
I fixed it last night with a different cable. For whatever reason the cable that I can charge with will not connect but I pulled a spare out at home and it fired right up. Now to get EZ Lynk setup so I have gauges again. Can't tune it with EZ (yet) but it should come in time.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 05:23 AM

what is the Offset for 20" wheels ?
plan on just taking stock tires at first - like looks of Sota Scar and XD Grenade
mrmanners likes this.

2020 GMC 2500HD Carbon Black Denali- 20% tint ,Black emblems, Bakflip Mx4 cover . Banks Idash

Brian- SOLD- Carbon Black Met 2009 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD SLT
EFI LIVE by Danville Performance

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 08:55 AM

Great Looking Truck! My first post here but am picking up my 2020 Denali White Frost tomorrow. FINALLY can go back to a Duramax!! GM moved the DEF Tank!!!! Going to put on tougher tires for the ranch in SE NM between Pecos and Carlsbad and a couple of sizes bigger and found out from GMC the axle for the AT4 is the same as the Denali and I like the White Frost which is NA on the AT4.

With this new 2020 model will be seeing a lot more out there. DEF tank punctures scared off a lot of people me included. My 18 6.7 Platty Ford has been a nightmare for just 35k miles. Cannot wait!!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:37 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Great Looking Truck! My first post here but am picking up my 2020 Denali White Frost tomorrow. FINALLY can go back to a Duramax!! GM moved the DEF Tank!!!! Going to put on tougher tires for the ranch in SE NM between Pecos and Carlsbad and a couple of sizes bigger and found out from GMC the axle for the AT4 is the same as the Denali and I like the White Frost which is NA on the AT4.

With this new 2020 model will be seeing a lot more out there. DEF tank punctures scared off a lot of people me included. My 18 6.7 Platty Ford has been a nightmare for just 35k miles. Cannot wait!!
What issues did you have with your Ford?

2017 Silverado 3500 LTZ (Summit White) | CC SB SRW | Z71 | Duramax L5P | Undercover Ultra Flex bed cover | Draw-Tite front receiver | AIMS 3kw inverter-charger | Titan Travel Trekker 50-gallon auxiliary fuel tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode