Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Factory GM Extended Warranty

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Trucklover63 
#1 ·
Ordered a new 2020 GMC Denali Duramax - dealer is telling me to get the GM factory Bumper to Bumper extended warranty.
Extends everything to 60 month/60,000 miles and is transferable - is it worth the $1208 price tag?

#3 ·
With all those cameras on the new 2020's when I get mine i'll be looking into it as well. I'm sure it cost more than 1280.00 price tag if something in electronics goes bad to me that not a bad deal. When they try to charge around 3k when i'm like no thanks. That seems like a decent price.

#4 ·
Supposedly exactly the same warranty as the first 3 year/36K miles factory warranty - no aftermarket companies to deal with and good at any GM dealer.
Seems cheap to me for extra warranty on an $80,000 truck with tons of switches, wires and gadgets

#5 ·
Here in Canada at least, we can buy that extended warranty anytime before the bumper to bumper expires.. It is better to wait as the clock starts ticking when you buy it. Found out the hard way on a new vehicle a few years back... might pay a little more if you wait but worth checking out and with all the tech it sounds like good insurance which ultimately is what you are paying for.

#6 ·
Same in the United Stated...you can purchase the warranty anytime before the factory warranty ends...and speedster100 is correct...the clock starts as soon as you purchase it...

Through my dealer, I bought a 7 year /100K GM Platinum Warranty prior to my factory bumper to bumper warranty expiring. This "extends" my coverage to the year 2025 or 135,000 miles, which ever comes first. Obviously no warranty is as good as the factory bumper to bumper, the the GM Platinum is pretty close. There are multiple year / mileage options to choose from depending on what works best for you for the cost. And don't forget these prices are negotiable. I shopped around and received a few quotes from dealers in larger markets (all they need is your VIN and mileage)...but ended up going with my local dealer as they were able to beat the larger dealers.

#7 ·
With all the computers and electronics in these newer rigs we also went with the GM extended warranty. Hate to spend the dollars but one little thing is a couple grand.

#8 ·
My dealership offers a 8 yr/ 160K extended warranty. If you use them for any repair during the extended warranty period, they waive the $200 deductible. If you are on the road, the $200 deductible will be charged by the dealer. This coverage averages out to $300/yr.

It's a no brainers for me. Heck of a deal.

WC

#10 ·
I got one on my 2017 good to 135K. I've got 60K now and I had to replace a power folding mirror as it stopped folding. Dealer claimed part alone was $700 but I never confirmed. Invoice would have been $900 so I got half my warranty paid for in one trip. I agree with others, with all the electronics and electric motors, and cameras it is good insurance if you get a good price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.