L5p Delete. - Page 6 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ GM T1 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2020 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 11:37 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J83 View Post
I totally agree with that. Deleting going forward will be driven black market behind closed doors. Personally i feel like it would be better to allow the professional tuners to make clean safe tunes, instead of getting a bunch of cranked up smoke tunes from some guy in his basement but what do i know. also, diesels make up what, maybe 5-10% of the vehicles on the road? an maybe, being highly optimistic, 10% of them are deleted. so on the high end.... 1% of the vehicles on the road are deleted. i just dont see how theres not bigger issues to address....
Sorry I missed this and am replying on a belated basis but I have a comment on why the gummament is going after diesel tuning. It is all to do with rolling coal.

Suppose you are an average citizen and don't care much about cars in general as long as they get you to where you are going. While driving down the street you come across a guy in his diesel truck that just loves to pull up along side other cars, particularly hybrids and pure electrics, or bicycles or pedestrians and once he has them in his sights he floors it, blotting out the sky. Now as an otherwise unconcerned person what are you going to think?

Of course you will think, "There aught to be a law." Of course there is a law. There has been a law for a long time. It just hasn't been enforced.

Now suppose you are an EPA administrator. The main thing you want is job security and an upward career path. You sit at your desk all day thinking about how you can improve your situation. Looking out your window on the streets below you notice a cloud of black filling a street. Being a bureaucrat you don't know what is going on but you think that if there is something in the air, you can regulate it, even if it is CO2 from lungs or methane from cow farts. So you call up one of the technical people in the basement and ask them what it could possibly be that is "polluting" the air. They say it is people with non-stock tuning on their trucks.

Well what would any self respecting/promoting bureaucrat do? Of course he would see this as an opportunity to go in front of a camera and proclaim how needed he is because he is going to stop all of this polluting. To give some credence to his breast beating he has to have something to show so he picks a few businesses in the market of selling tuning and hammer's them. It doesn't matter who they are or what they are doing. All that matters is that they are in the business and that they are easy targets.

So some of the best, most responsible people get big fines. The average guy on the street who knows nothing about the real deal but has seen people rolling coal thinks that the gummament is actually doing something good for a change and is happy. Politicians get behind it all because why wouldn't they? So the EPA gets some new money and power. The bureaucrat gets a raise and a post higher up the ladder.

Everybody feels good, except those of us who really know the story. However, nobody cares about us because after all there are hardly any of us compared to the masses of ignorant voters.
poosniffer, J83 and Dirty5P like this.

Last edited by mizterwizard; 10-27-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 08:43 AM

mizterwizard---as you pointed out so well above WE only have ourselves to blame. It really is that simple. As few idiots ruin it for everyone... Not to mention the TV Show!!!!!!

2020 GMC Denali 2500
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 10:51 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

The 'Diesel Podcast' series has lots and lots of info on the subject, much of it from those very well known in the tuning community.

Links to a couple of them.
A search on utube for 'diesel podcast' will find a bunch of others.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:30 AM

Think the op has a tube channel, and if so, his truck is a deleted eye candy beast. Simply wow. Good job!
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 09:49 AM

What kind of power and fuel economy are folks getting with emissions compliant tuning? Also I know tuners are claiming fewer regens and less def fluid is this true?
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old Today, 06:31 AM

You heard a deleted truck might use a little less def fluid? Lmao

2018 GMC Denali HD CCSB
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old Today, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfviper100 View Post
Iím not worried about the warrantee. I know thatís gone. I plan on never going back to the dealer. All the work is already done. Thanks guys!

Where did you get the delete kit and tune from??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in