L5p Delete. - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ GM T1 Platform Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 2020 and up L5P Duramax Trucks No Advertising

41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

L5p Delete.

Hey guys. New to the forum here. I just brought a new 2020 L5p and looking to get it tuned and deleted. I know all the parts off the 2019 l5p work on the 2020’s. But my question is how hard is this to do? Can I do this myself or would I be better off taking it to a shop. I have mechanical knowledge but never took on anything such as deleteting a truck. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Prolly going to hear crickets my man. EPA is cracking down hard AF

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:00 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Deleting is a thing of the past. Stock up on def fluid and a cushy saving for failed emissions parts.

Enjoy!

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:13 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfviper100 View Post
Hey guys. New to the forum here. I just brought a new 2020 L5p and looking to get it tuned and deleted. I know all the parts off the 2019 l5p work on the 2020’s. But my question is how hard is this to do? Can I do this myself or would I be better off taking it to a shop. I have mechanical knowledge but never took on anything such as deleteting a truck. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Its first time posters like you that ask out of gate hey I want to delete everything, what do i do that folks consider suspicious these days. I suppose you could read a bit. And in reading, you will find out that dumbass kids rolling coal all over the mall parking lot videos have enlightened the shit out of epa tree huggers. Never mind the majority of folks that did delete did so because they were tired of paying a fortune to dealer wrench monkeys to fix bullshit emissions components that use rare metals dig up front deep inside the earth. Or that have been stranded hundreds of miles from home because a 50$ sensor went bad.

Save the world they say, black smoke must the root of evil they say.. Look it up, its in the same chapter as look at me and my EV, we are saving the earth because i dont use fuel. As they charge batteries made with lithium batteries mined from South American communities thus poisoning water and destroying forests. All with power generated from fossil fuels.

Ah that rant felt better. Ima head out and get a snickers bar.
JimmyD, 77cruiser, mray and 11 others like this.

🤘 Kennedy fuel system support hardware, CCM front Diff Drop, some LEDs to make night into day, got some big ol 20's and wide ass tires and a nice display to show me what's up under the hood-

2012GMC2500CCSB
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:41 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Not today isis

Race/Pulling truck:2012 CumminGs/Built 6.8L/Big air/Big fuel/48RE Swap/PCS 2000/B&M Gated shifter
Kid hauler: 08 Lincoln navigator
Work/dd: 02 4.3 RCLB Silverado
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:53 PM

Well what the hell why not..... Go to youtube and use the search tool and find a video of people deleting their L5P to see if its something your comfortable tackling. I know they exist because I've seen them. Also, do some more searching on the ol google search engine it can don wonders. Lastly, I don't know how involved you are in social media but you can find just about anything you want on it if you're looking in the right places. Basically I say all that to say this, if you really want to "delete" your truck you will find the info you need without relying on others to tell you the information when it is a very sensitive subject right now and most people aren't going to open discuss it or communicate through a traceable device.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Great. Thanks Guys.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 06:48 AM
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
Finding the parts you want to set your truck up for "off-road" use only are getting harder and harder to find as shops and professional tuners have stopped offering said parts because the EPA is slapping the crap out of them with hefty fines. A shop in TX just got a 30k fine for doing deletes.

My question to you is why delete it? Why not leave the emissions intact and build upon that platform? PPEI and others are offering emission compliant tuning that adds the additional hp you want, makes the truck more responsive, increases fuel economy, reduces regens and def usage. What more could you ask for? Plus with PPEI's tuning, they have been tested by the EPA and in some cases are better than the OE factory tunes. PPEI recently installed a high end dyno and test equipment to further improve their tuning products and get them CARB certified.

I know that everyone thinks the DEF, DPF are the enemy and they have to be removed, gutted and left to die on the side of the road but like catalytic converters in the mid 70s to 81 we have to accept these emission devices and work with them and make them better not remove them and move on.

For what it's worth, I have a 20 Denalli that I am going to start beta testing today on street performance calibrations from PPEI. If all is good and I expect it will be, they will be available soon. Watch for new posts from myself or our staff at Synthetic Motorsports for updates on the 2020 tuning.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
Finding the parts you want to set your truck up for "off-road" use only are getting harder and harder to find as shops and professional tuners have stopped offering said parts because the EPA is slapping the crap out of them with hefty fines. A shop in TX just got a 30k fine for doing deletes.

My question to you is why delete it? Why not leave the emissions intact and build upon that platform? PPEI and others are offering emission compliant tuning that adds the additional hp you want, makes the truck more responsive, increases fuel economy, reduces regens and def usage. What more could you ask for? Plus with PPEI's tuning, they have been tested by the EPA and in some cases are better than the OE factory tunes. PPEI recently installed a high end dyno and test equipment to further improve their tuning products and get them CARB certified.

I know that everyone thinks the DEF, DPF are the enemy and they have to be removed, gutted and left to die on the side of the road but like catalytic converters in the mid 70s to 81 we have to accept these emission devices and work with them and make them better not remove them and move on.

For what it's worth, I have a 20 Denalli that I am going to start beta testing today on street performance calibrations from PPEI. If all is good and I expect it will be, they will be available soon. Watch for new posts from myself or our staff at Synthetic Motorsports for updates on the 2020 tuning.
I have all the parts. I don’t what all that crap from the egr going back into my engine.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfviper100 View Post
I have all the parts. I dont what all that crap from the egr going back into my engine.
Well Good Luck because you have a long hard road ahead especially on the 2020. Because the programming is the "Magic Bullet" you have to have and those have all been fired and no more being loaded lol. I will be considering a "legal" tune when as mentioned above the test bed for the software is developed, qualified and in production.

The old days are over never to be seen again.

2020 GMC Denali 2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode