2020 Re-Gen? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ GM T1 Platform Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

2020 Re-Gen?

Whats up Duramax'ers? I have 600 miles on my 2020 GMC LP5. Driving home yesterday, I noticed a familiar smell of a Duramax in re-gen. The thing that has me scratching my head is the fact that I did not notice the engine idle up. My previous LML would have a noticeable high idle when in re-gen, but I did not see this on my tach or notice any difference during idle. Today, driving to work the engine produced the same smell (oil/rubber) so I am under the impression the truck is in re-gen mode. Maybe I did not pay attention, but what should the RPM's be when in re-gen and when not in re-gen? I also checked for oil leaks or debris that may have landed on the exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 09:25 AM

Garage
when not in regen mine idles at ~700 when in regen I am at ~850. you will also see a noticeable depreciation in your instantaneous mileage.

2017 SRW 3500 SLT Z71 CC
1978 Trans Am, 400, factory 4 spd, 3:42 posi
oh, and I love fossil fuels...

Last edited by 1Blue78; 10-30-2019 at 09:30 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. With my LML, the idle was very noticeable along with the exhaust note when it was in regen mode. This new LP5, I have not noticed the idle speed increase. In fact, it seems like normal engine idle. If this is the new regen idle speed for the LP5, then I am impressed because it is not noticeable. I just wish GM would include something like a page in the info screen that would let you know. Other then that, I am just driving and enjoying her plus it has a warranty if it has any issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode