anything at all? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ LM2 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the '20 and up LM2 Duramax Trucks No Advertising

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-31-2019, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

anything at all?

So with the fact that our trucks are new and epa is really clamping down will this area ever get off the ground???

Harry
Silverado 2500hd 2002
Colorado 2017
Silverado 1500 2020
Hampton Roads, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 10:51 AM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by buelldude View Post
So with the fact that our trucks are new and epa is really clamping down will this area ever get off the ground???
---------------------------------------------------------
You think things are bad now? Wait till you see what the folks at EPA are discussing as proposed legislation. First and foremost, they want to re-introduce a bill that would require NATIONAL "inspection".

As a side-note, it is already illegal in all state vehicle codes I am aware of, to tamper in any way with the on-board pollution equipment. EPA is well-aware that there are still some "non-inspection" areas; want law enforcement to do something about that.

Next step is to crack down on ANY garage / repair facility, setting up proceedures for major fines & penalties, requiring them to sieze & report any "deleted" vehicle, so that it cannot be retuned to service until it is brought back to compliance.

Then there are the ideas on road-side monitoring stations ( sniffers?).

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 80,000; now have 91,000, convert to CP3. DPF "triggerd" a limp mode, so was cut out of the vehicle & cleaned by a DPF cleaning co., on re-installation, everything back to normal. Would never ever think of something as nasty and as anti bunny wabbet as a full-delete...after all..dosnt everyone like the fun & excitement of being stuck by the side of a Interstate in the ran while towing when one's truck's computer decides to go into "limp mode"...?.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:00 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6686L View Post
---------------------------------------------------------
You think things are bad now? Wait till you see what the folks at EPA are discussing as proposed legislation. First and foremost, they want to re-introduce a bill that would require NATIONAL "inspection".

As a side-note, it is already illegal in all state vehicle codes I am aware of, to tamper in any way with the on-board pollution equipment. EPA is well-aware that there are still some "non-inspection" areas; want law enforcement to do something about that.

Next step is to crack down on ANY garage / repair facility, setting up proceedures for major fines & penalties, requiring them to sieze & report any "deleted" vehicle, so that it cannot be retuned to service until it is brought back to compliance.

Then there are the ideas on road-side monitoring stations ( sniffers?).

sources for any of that?

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:47 PM
Duramax Forum Supporter

Young school children are being taught that "we" are ruining our climate and environment. One only has to look at the young faces in our government (think ocasio-cortez etc) that are telling people that our world only has 12 more years before "we" destroy it and young people are worshipping them. Bureaucrats being what they are, the climate police are only too glad to increase their empire by feeding upon the frenzy that "we have to do something"!!! Creates lots of new jobs, puts lots of $$$ in bureaucrat's deep pockets and provides positions for their friends and relatives. Diesel trucks are low hanging fruit for them There. I said it...

2004.5 GMC SLT 4X4 CCLB LLY Ally, some mystery stuff, trans by Mike L, Magnaflow DP, Ride Rites, LBZ turbo inlet mod, AD II 165, po' man CAI, HIDs, stock height, Cognito tie rods, Bilstein 5100s, Isspros, H2 wheels with Toyo OC 285-70-17s, B&W turnover & Companion, Prodigy P3, dog snot on windows......

Sent from my antique HP DV7-4183cl with Radeon HD5470 graphics, Beats Audio and Blu-ray drive.....
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buelldude View Post
There are already multiple deleted 2020s on the road. Their will always be someone out there able to do what needs to be done, just depends on how deep you're willing to dig into that pocket to fork out the coin.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 03:47 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Lots of info discussed on the 'Diesel Podcast' series by those in the diesel modifications business...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcb...WKk3fgxY0R7DMw

Multiple podcasts discussing the issue.
ALLY Cat likes this.

2018 GMC 2500 L5P CCSB 4x4 Denali - Mineral Metallic; previous '11 LML, '10 LMM and 04.5 LLY
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:07 AM

It is all about risk and reward for the folks who are sticking out their neck on the development of engine modifications that violate federal law. As the enforcement continues to step up there will not be many people who want to put themselves in harms way to do this. It is definitely an industry that is in rapid decline. When I was at my dealer getting a flash for my 2020 we discussed this. The GM computer system will automatically put a flag in the system when plugged in if programming has been changed/deleted re-flashed or the sensors that are associated with the emissions systems have been altered or removed.

Not really much you can do about big brother now times have definitely changed. It was nice while it lasted though.

2020 GMC Denali 2500
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
It is all about risk and reward for the folks who are sticking out their neck on the development of engine modifications that violate federal law. As the enforcement continues to step up there will not be many people who want to put themselves in harms way to do this. It is definitely an industry that is in rapid decline. When I was at my dealer getting a flash for my 2020 we discussed this. The GM computer system will automatically put a flag in the system when plugged in if programming has been changed/deleted re-flashed or the sensors that are associated with the emissions systems have been altered or removed.

Not really much you can do about big brother now times have definitely changed. It was nice while it lasted though.
Got to figure that the majority of guys that are deleted or planning to delete before their warranty is up aren't really worried about warranty work or whether or not their truck will be flagged in the system. Also,
if my truck was deleted i wouldn't take my vehicle to the dealership anyways for certain work for them to flag it in the system so that data could possibly be used to target individuals who have deleted if the EPA did decide to attack these individuals.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100 all-around
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denarli6.6 View Post
Got to figure that the majority of guys that are deleted or planning to delete before their warranty is up aren't really worried about warranty work or whether or not their truck will be flagged in the system. Also,
if my truck was deleted i wouldn't take my vehicle to the dealership anyways for certain work for them to flag it in the system so that data could possibly be used to target individuals who have deleted if the EPA did decide to attack these individuals.
Think you missed my point. It is not about you it is about the people who are at risk the most right now, people who develop and sell this illegal equipment and software. Not as many people take a new 80k truck and ruin it for resale and being worked on at a Dealer. Now maybe after a few years when the value of the vehicle goes down and others buy the vehicles used maybe there will be more demand. By then the market will be dead anyway.

Next thing that may come out is a requirement from the financing source not to tamper with the emissions equipment and put it in the contract. Crazy is where this is all going but hell it has been the law for Many years just ignored.

2020 GMC Denali 2500
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Think you missed my point. It is not about you it is about the people who are at risk the most right now, people who develop and sell this illegal equipment and software. Not as many people take a new 80k truck and ruin it for resale and being worked on at a Dealer. Now maybe after a few years when the value of the vehicle goes down and others buy the vehicles used maybe there will be more demand. By then the market will be dead anyway.

Next thing that may come out is a requirement from the financing source not to tamper with the emissions equipment and put it in the contract. Crazy is where this is all going but hell it has been the law for Many years just ignored.
I hear ya. I'm pretty much counting down the days until they require testing around my parts and I'll have to look into other options. Hoping i can find a way to get a farm tag so I can keep the truck the way i would like.

2016 LML Denali 2500
Bilstein 5100 all-around
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« - | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode