Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

iPhone Bluetooth Issues 2020 HC HD Dmax

22K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  jstaffon 
#1 ·
So my truck keeps turning down the ringer on my iPhone which is REALLY annoying, but not a show stopper. I am also having issues with all of my contacts not syncing and or when I ask the truck to place a call it sometimes dials a number that shows the correct name but has the wrong number associated with it. Then other times it can't find the name and then other times it cant even find the phone even though if you try and connect the phone it is already showing connected. All of these things are very frustrating given a sticker price of 78 thousand dollars and I put 45 to 50 thousand miles a year on my mobile office. I have had 7 new GMCs or Chevys over the last 7 years and this is the only one I have ever had problems with the voice commands and phone integration. Does anyone have a suggestion before I take it to the dealer?

2020 High Country D-max 4x4

#3 ·
I am having the same issues as well, ringer turns down and text notifications / calls do not come through the truck either like they did on my 18. Checked all settings multiple times with no luck.

#5 ·
Same issues here. Ringer turns down every single time it connects to the truck. And I get no text notifications. This morning it kept telling me I didn't have a particular contact in my phone book. My '15 chevy was a little buggy from time to time but not this bad. They definitely need to fix this one.

#6 ·
So I took the truck to the dealer and I am sure all you guys can guess how the conversation went...

Dealer-its a software issue
Me- I know that. Is there a fix for it?
Dealer-well, its a software issue sooo....
Me- Is it a known problem? Is it a phone issue or a truck issue?
Dealer-you will have to wait for an update and hopefully they fix it.
Me-Never mind, please give me my keys. I am out of here! Thanks for wasting my time and having my truck for two days to do absolutely nothing.
Dealer-Well Sir, is there something that we can do to make this better?
Me-(big deep breath) Na man, you already had your opportunity. Just move those other cars from out in front mine so I can go.

Reactions: Duramaxdan59
#7 ·
Not trying to be a wise guy but an android phone will get you going since you can ignore the gm phone crap and just say ok Google to dial your numbers. As long as the phone is paired via bluetooth your calls will integrate over the speaker

#8 ·
So if you go to the 'sounds and haptics' settings on your iPhone and turn off the feature 'change with buttons' the truck will stop turning the ringer all the way down. I guess the 1500 guys have been having this problem since last year with no resolution yet... yay...

I had my phone this way for a bit, and it does solve that problem. But, it was super annoying for me because I couldn't just change the ringer volume with the side buttons. I change my ringer volume up and down multiple times a day due to various situations I may be in at work, where I need it to be quieter or louder so I had to change it back. I just have to keep reminding myself each time I get out of the truck. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll fix it by the next time we buy new trucks, lol.

#9 ·
Same exact issues here. Also, when connecting to the stereo system via bluetooth, I've noticed that using the steering wheel control to activate Siri doesn't work on the first try. She says, "Just a moment...." and then a few seconds later, "Hmm.. I seem to be having trouble with the connection." I try a second time after this and it works fine. This has gone on since my test drive 2600 miles ago.

#10 ·
So I think I might have figured out the ringer volume issue. When the phone is connected to the truck go into settings, sounds & haptics and turn your ringer volume back up to where you normally what it to be. I have gotten in and out of the truck twice now on short drives and the volume stayed up where I wanted it to be. The contact issues still persist.

#12 ·
Nope, that didn't work.

#15 ·
I set up favorites in my phone for my most dialed numbers then set the favorites to match in my truck and I don’t seem to have any issues with my contacts, but I only use my favorites.

#17 ·
Mine hasn’t ever worked right. Today it kept switching from my phone to Bluetooth on a call I was on about every ten seconds. I finally just turned the Bluetooth off. It still turns my volume all the way down on my phone. I can go into settings and turn it back up and as soon as I unlock my phone to do something the volume bar comes up and turns all the way down 👎👎. I sure hope they get this fixed. I have an iPhone 7. Just wandering if it’s something with the specific phone??

#18 ·
Not sure, mine is an 8. I'll have to do some experimenting with other people's phones and see if it makes a difference.

#19 ·
Seems like a lot of folks are having this same issue, I'd love to hear from someone who's works correctly, if there's anyone out there that that applies to...

#20 ·
Mine does it as well. It did it with my iPhone 10 and now with my iPhone 11 Pro.

I get around it by connecting my iPhone with a cord each time. Hell, you need the cord anyway for Apple CarPlay to work. Added benefit is the cord fast charges the phone too.

#22 ·
Yup same issue on my 2020 AT4 too. Took it to the dealer and they told me its a known issue and the service manager says he isnt happy with the infotanment system in these trucks. He says he is hoping GM comes out with a firmware update for this. My phone volume always goes down and my contacts only sync about half of the time. One instance is my wife is in my favorites in my phone and my truck, on the truck her name is always in the favorites but then if you go to contacts her name and number isnt there at all or go to recent calls and her number shows up with no name yet go back to favorites and shes there by name. If I use voice command to call her, it doesnt find her name even though shes in my favorite. Its annoying as heck!

#23 ·
I fixed the volume problem on my iPhone. On your phone...go to Settings->Sound&Haptics. Turn off the "Change with Buttons" option. That fixed it for me. The volume will be decreased while in the truck but it will return the phone volume back to normal when you leave the truck. Anyway...this worked for me. No more issues!

#24 ·
I tried that after reading this yesterday. We will see if it sticks. But that doesnt solve my biggest issue which is my contacts syncing between phone and radio. Its annoying as can be.

Reactions: ibulleti
#25 ·
I tried that after reading this yesterday. We will see if it sticks. But that doesn't solve my biggest issue which is my contacts syncing between phone and radio. Its annoying as can be.
I was playing around with things in my truck the other day. I was having multiple issues that weren't major...just annoying. Contacts wouldn't sync, recents not downloading properly, etc. I noticed on the main menu there's a section in the Infotainment Center called "Users". I had never set that up with myself as a User. I was using the default that I later found out was called GMC Guest or something like that. After creating a User for myself I noticed that I was no longer having syncing issues with my truck and all of the custom settings seemed to be working better. My imagination?...maybe but might be something to try if people are still having issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.