LT vs LTZ: camera systems - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2020+ topics not related to powertrain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

LT vs LTZ: camera systems

I know there are other things that come with the upgrade from LT to LTZ, and there are features of both trims that I like that the other doesn't/can't have, but I'm boiling it down to the camera systems.

Those with the 360 camera system, do you feel like it would be worth the base price jump? I've got them both optioned out how I'd like and the LTZ is $10,300 more.

Again that's just so I can have the fancy camera system. The other upgrades included with that I can take or leave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 11:40 AM

I have the Denali 3500 and enjoy the cameras. That said I would not pay $10,300 for the upgrade. If you can live with the trim for a LT I'd jump on it. You'll enjoy the benefits from the 10 speed auto far more than the cameras. I could live without the cameras if I had too. The old adage "what you don't know won't hurt you" probably applies here. Just my .02 cents
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 12:03 PM

100% Agree with nealmax66 The only camera that I really use is the backup camera & high mount 3rd break light camera for hooking up trailers, the other ones are nice to have but I could honestly go without them.

2020 GMC HD Denali SRW Onyx Black
2018 GMC HD All Terrain : SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

What camera's/views does the LT even have? All the information I can find on cameras just talks about the available 15 view/360 camera system. Even the catalog for the truck doesn't spell out exactly what the LT has.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-19-2019, 01:22 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
I have a Denali and would agree with the others. The 360 camera is my wife's favorite feature when she's driving, and it is certainly a handy feature, but in my opinion not worth the extra price that comes with jumping up an entire trim level if you're okay with the rest of the LT trim features.

-SOLD- 2006 LLY Kodiak C4500 - Cinch Edition/Monroe Pickup Conversion - EFI Live Tuned w/ DSP-5 // 5" MBRP from Downpipe Back // -SOLD-

2008 LMM Silverado 2500HD - EFI Live Tuned w/ DSP-5 4" MBRP with pefrormance Muffler // 6.5" RCX Lift // 20x12 Moto Wheels // 35x12.50 Wild Peaks //

2020 L5P Sierra 2500HD Denali - 2.5" ReadyLift Leveling Kit // 20x10 -18mm Fuel Triton Wheels // 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers //
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

The HUD and the camera system are really the only things from the LTZ I really care to have. Seeing as I've never had either of those, I'm technically not going to be missing them, just once again won't have them!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Can anyone elaborate what the LT cameras show vs the LTZ 360 system? What does adding the auxiliary camera to the LT get you?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 06:38 AM

There are two camera systems available: 270 (UVI) deg and 360 (UVS) deg. The 270 deg is available on LT and up trim levels. The 360 deg is available on LTZ and HC. You can get LTZ and HC with either system.

The 270 deg system is a 4 camera system where the truck has two cameras in tailgate and rear chimsel plus ability to add two trailer cams.

The 360 deg system is a 7 camera system where the truck has five cameras in tailgate, chimsel, osrm, and grill. You can add two trailer cams as well.

The 360 deg system has up to 15 camera views. It has the transparent trailer view, adds turn biasing, and turn signal biasing. The 270 deg system you basically will only have bed view, hitch view, behind trailer, and inside trailer views available. It lacks the views you get from front grill and mirrors.

Hope this helps.

#iworkforGM
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtu Alum View Post
There are two camera systems available: 270 (UVI) deg and 360 (UVS) deg. The 270 deg is available on LT and up trim levels. The 360 deg is available on LTZ and HC. You can get LTZ and HC with either system.

The 270 deg system is a 4 camera system where the truck has two cameras in tailgate and rear chimsel plus ability to add two trailer cams.

The 360 deg system is a 7 camera system where the truck has five cameras in tailgate, chimsel, osrm, and grill. You can add two trailer cams as well.

The 360 deg system has up to 15 camera views. It has the transparent trailer view, adds turn biasing, and turn signal biasing. The 270 deg system you basically will only have bed view, hitch view, behind trailer, and inside trailer views available. It lacks the views you get from front grill and mirrors.

Hope this helps.

#iworkforGM
Thank you! No articles or videos talk about anything but the 360 system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode