2020 gmc 2500hd at4 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2020+ topics not related to powertrain

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

2020 gmc 2500hd at4

Well it is official. I got the call from my dealer (Dennis Dillion) today that my truck has started production as of yesterday. This week was the target production week and they are apparently on schedule. He said it should take 9-14 days for production and then about 3 weeks from factory to their dealership. I should be able to take possession by August 15th at the latest.

It is a good thing too. My 2007 Vortex Max gasser is getting tired and tired quickly. Last weekend I could barely pull my trailer 35mph over a 6% grade with the trailer empty as possible. My temperature started to climb half way up the hill to a point that I decided to pull over at a turnout and let it idle and bring the temp back down before I decided to start up again. 35mph in second gear and about 3400 RPM and I was praying that she didn't blow. This weekend I'm being lent an 2017 F350 powerstroke to take my trailer up and leave it for the rest of the summer.

To say I am excited for this new truck is an understatement. I've been eyeing a Duramax for about 6 years now but was never in the position to pull the trigger on one. I looked at many 2019s but ultimately love the new look of the AT4 and figure I want to drive this truck 15 years or more so I might as well get one that I love the look of. I figure if I can make a gasser last 12 years and 180,000 miles then 15 should be no issue with a diesel. A little worried to be buying a first gen transmission but I'm betting/hoping that Allison wouldn't let their name be on it if it wasn't of their high quality. Enough of my rambling, here are some specs:
2500 HD AT4 in Carbon Black Metallic
Driver Alert package 1 & 2
AT4 preferred package
AT4 Premium package
Sunroof (didn't want one but they already had the order in and allowed me to put my name on it so I guess I'll live with it)
Standard box
Technology package

It is going to be a huge upgrade. I will actually be able to load my toyhauler completely full of water, fuel and toys and head for the hills without worrying about getting there.

Sorry, had to share my excitement. And if my wife hears about my truck one more time she might smack me
CntrlCalDmax, DaJokr and sambor like this.

2020 GMC AT4 2500 Duramax
Retired: 2007 GMC Sierra Vortec Max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:47 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

congrats! post pics when you get it!
Silentfun65 likes this.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 407,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump and Donaldson filter
post #3 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:57 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Congrats on the new truck.
Silentfun65 likes this.

Race/Pulling truck:2012 CumminGs/Built 6.8L/Big air/Big fuel/48RE Swap/PCS 2000/B&M Gated shifter
Kid hauler: 08 Lincoln navigator
Work/dd: 02 4.3 RCLB Silverado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 07:37 AM

That's awesome, congratulations. I am also eyeing a '20 3500 CCLB, either Silverado or Sierra, haven't decided yet. I have been driving my '02 since November of 01, it has over 435k miles and still runs good. But the Boss Lady is ready to upgrade campers and the new one is too heavy for my '02 so time to upgrade. I will probably place my order in the Aug-Oct timeframe.

Please post pics when it comes in and good luck to you!

-Mark
Silentfun65 likes this.

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles and still running great! (5/19)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #5 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 09:53 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Grats, the AT4 is a nice looking rig
Silentfun65 likes this.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
post #6 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentfun65 View Post
Well it is official. I got the call from my dealer (Dennis Dillion) today that my truck has started production as of yesterday. This week was the target production week and they are apparently on schedule. He said it should take 9-14 days for production and then about 3 weeks from factory to their dealership. I should be able to take possession by August 15th at the latest.

It is a good thing too. My 2007 Vortex Max gasser is getting tired and tired quickly. Last weekend I could barely pull my trailer 35mph over a 6% grade with the trailer empty as possible. My temperature started to climb half way up the hill to a point that I decided to pull over at a turnout and let it idle and bring the temp back down before I decided to start up again. 35mph in second gear and about 3400 RPM and I was praying that she didn't blow. This weekend I'm being lent an 2017 F350 powerstroke to take my trailer up and leave it for the rest of the summer.

To say I am excited for this new truck is an understatement. I've been eyeing a Duramax for about 6 years now but was never in the position to pull the trigger on one. I looked at many 2019s but ultimately love the new look of the AT4 and figure I want to drive this truck 15 years or more so I might as well get one that I love the look of. I figure if I can make a gasser last 12 years and 180,000 miles then 15 should be no issue with a diesel. A little worried to be buying a first gen transmission but I'm betting/hoping that Allison wouldn't let their name be on it if it wasn't of their high quality. Enough of my rambling[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/DuramaxForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IMG], here are some specs:
2500 HD AT4 in Carbon Black Metallic
Driver Alert package 1 & 2
AT4 preferred package
AT4 Premium package
Sunroof (didn't want one but they already had the order in and allowed me to put my name on it so I guess I'll live with it)
Standard box
Technology package

It is going to be a huge upgrade. I will actually be able to load my toyhauler completely full of water, fuel and toys and head for the hills without worrying about getting there.

Sorry, had to share my excitement. And if my wife hears about my truck one more time she might smack me [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/DuramaxForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png[/IM]

Congratulations! I have a similar truck on order, an AT4 3500 minus the sunroof with the same packages as yours plus the gooseneck/5th wheel package, off road assist steps, hitch package and the multi pro sound system to be installed at the dealer. Originally was going to order the carbon black but was not avl back in March - so decided to get another summit white. Mine was assembled the 1st week of June - been released to carrier almost 2 weeks. Dealer expects it any day. By the way, my wife feels the same. Congrats again - you will be pleased with the Duramax.
Silentfun65 likes this.
post #7 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
That's awesome, congratulations. I am also eyeing a '20 3500 CCLB, either Silverado or Sierra, haven't decided yet. I have been driving my '02 since November of 01, it has over 435k miles and still runs good. But the Boss Lady is ready to upgrade campers and the new one is too heavy for my '02 so time to upgrade. I will probably place my order in the Aug-Oct timeframe.

Please post pics when it comes in and good luck to you!

-Mark
Thank you! I will definitely post up some pictures as soon as I am able. I hope to have this truck as long as you have had your '02. That is simply amazing! Sounds like you have a good Boss Lady! Mine is the one who convinced me to get a duramax instead of the new 6.2 1/2 ton. Now I think she is regretting it as I have become obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrp View Post

Congratulations! I have a similar truck on order, an AT4 3500 minus the sunroof with the same packages as yours plus the gooseneck/5th wheel package, off road assist steps, hitch package and the multi pro sound system to be installed at the dealer. Originally was going to order the carbon black but was not avl back in March - so decided to get another summit white. Mine was assembled the 1st week of June - been released to carrier almost 2 weeks. Dealer expects it any day. By the way, my wife feels the same. Congrats again - you will be pleased with the Duramax.
I wish I could of gone without the sunroof. I have no use for one and never use the one I have now on my 2007. My lack of patience got the best of me though. The thought of having a truck in August made me ok with the sunroof. I'll have to look at the hitch package you speak of. I'm not quite sure what that is. Only accessories I've looked at so far is a tonneau, the off road steps and the black emblems. I am not sure about the offroad steps yet and hoping to see one with them before I make a decision. That is awesome that you are so close to getting yours! I know my wife is ready for me to get mine so I can stop showing her pictures and videos. I've downloaded the manuals and read each one of them. Told the dealer I don't need an hour long orientation when I pick it up, just give me a full tank of gas and the keys! Congrats on your pickup! I hope we are both pleased with them!
DMaxRocks and sambor like this.

post #8 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Received an update today on my order. My truck will be finished on July 11th. Sounds like shipping via rail to Salt Lake City Utah is pretty fast. But Iíve been told by the dealer it could take up to 3 weeks to get it from Salt Lake City to Boise ID. I offered to pick it up myself but they didnít go for that idea. Worth a shot!

post #9 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentfun65 View Post
Received an update today on my order. My truck will be finished on July 11th. Sounds like shipping via rail to Salt Lake City Utah is pretty fast. But Iíve been told by the dealer it could take up to 3 weeks to get it from Salt Lake City to Boise ID. I offered to pick it up myself but they didnít go for that idea. Worth a shot!
Congrats, ordered mine (3500 AT4) back in March the day the window opened to order. Truck was assembled the first week of June ~ still in Flint.
post #10 of 129 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paratrp View Post
Congrats, ordered mine (3500 AT4) back in March the day the window opened to order. Truck was assembled the first week of June ~ still in Flint.
Oh man! I hope that is not the way this one goes. Has your dealer said what the hold up is?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode