2020 GMC 2500 Denali - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2020+ topics not related to powertrain

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 07:31 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Sub'd! Can't wait to see how the new build comes along!

If anybody was unaware, Willie's LML was a compound setup with built trans, monster hah!!!

2006 LBZ 2500 CCSB 2WD
EFI LIVE, DSP5, Edge CTS & EGT probe, PPE airbox mod, AFE hotside pipe, PPE manifolds/uppipes, MBRP DP, MBRP 4" side dumped, Sinister coldside pipe, pcv reroute, Beans sump, Kennedy lift pump, dual filters, coolant bypass filtration, Nuc Motorsports Oil Bypass kit, LML 20s & 265/60R20s, tint, LEDS, some chrome
ALABAMA LBZ Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
So we have taken a couple days to load out our store with what is currently available for the 2020s. While the list is small right now, we are seeing new stuff added from our WDs daily.

Check out our store here.

This is what we have ordered or done thus far that is non-powertrain.
40% Solar Guard tint on sides and back windows
Nearly clear Solar Guard tint on the front windshield
Banks Power Idash 1.8 Datamonster
Fox racing shocks
Sulastic shackles

Powertrain wise
PPEI custom emission compliant tuning through an ECU swap and HPTuner device to flash it.

Still trying to figure out which tonneau cover I want to go with. I have used Lund tri-folds for years but thinking I might try something different.

What are you all thinking about doing? Let's talk it up and see if we can help everyone.
As far as a tonneau cover goes, when the time comes I'm going with an American work truck cover. Retractable tonneau that supports 500 pounds and retracts into a toolbox. Lots of info found online here - Truck Covers USA | AMERICAN WORK COVER

2008 GMC Sierra LMM CCSB LTZ
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyerod View Post
As far as a tonneau cover goes, when the time comes I'm going with an American work truck cover. Retractable tonneau that supports 500 pounds and retracts into a toolbox. Lots of info found online here - Truck Covers USA | AMERICAN WORK COVER

Now if that had an aux tank under it, that would be the schizzle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
Quote:
Nice. I was looking at Roll n Lock and Retrax. Haven't dug into the American Work Cover before so I will have to read up on them.
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAWHISTLER View Post
Sub'd! Can't wait to see how the new build comes along!

If anybody was unaware, Willie's LML was a compound setup with built trans, monster hah!!!
Yeah I kringed when I handed the keys over to the dealer but I am sure I made someone happy. They gave me a great price on the trade.
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Just a comment on the Truck USA Covers---have had 3 of them on the last 3 trucks... Went with the BIG UWS tool box just because where I go in the high desert on the ranch in far SE NM (south of Carlsbad 30 miles almost on the border) the dust gets into the bed something fierce. Water -- almost nothing they have gutters and drains. If it were not for the equipment/tools I carry including a Pro Eagle Jack which I just mounted the mounting plate in the box this morning that just get covered I would still be using one.. Great for most applications though... You are right about the weight holding of the cover -- you can dance on them !

I used CLP to keep the track cleaned and lubed because of the fine dust migration into the track...
mrmanners likes this.
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Just a comment on the Truck USA Covers---have had 3 of them on the last 3 trucks... Went with the BIG UWS tool box just because where I go in the high desert on the ranch in far SE NM (south of Carlsbad 30 miles almost on the border) the dust gets into the bed something fierce. Water -- almost nothing they have gutters and drains. If it were not for the equipment/tools I carry including a Pro Eagle Jack which I just mounted the mounting plate in the box this morning that just get covered I would still be using one.. Great for most applications though... You are right about the weight holding of the cover -- you can dance on them !

I used CLP to keep the track cleaned and lubed because of the fine dust migration into the track...
Thanks. I've never had one or found anyone who has so that's good info. Any problems with the covers? Does it keep most of the water and dust out? I live in MT and travel lots of gravel roads, doubt the dust is as fine as your roads but I would like to keep things somewhat clean. Any info is appreciated.

2008 GMC Sierra LMM CCSB LTZ
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I've never had one or found anyone who has so that's good info. Any problems with the covers? Does it keep most of the water and dust out? I live in MT and travel lots of gravel roads, doubt the dust is as fine as your roads but I would like to keep things somewhat clean. Any info is appreciated.
You live in a dusty area where YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW vehicles or drive through a lot of dust from opposite traffic no it will get into the bed. If it is jut you on a long dirt road no issues keeps it out pretty good because it for the most part behind you. Water as I said above is pretty much a non issue but if driving some will get in not much around the tailgate and on the sides just a little.

if I did not have to drive where I do I would have another one but the GM trucks have 20% of the back seat storage space on the inside that my 18 F250 had so I needed water and dust kept off of not only the things I kept in the bed of my Ford. Because there is no storage space on the GM to speak of (more leg room which I care less about) would of had to put other things back there including some electrical equipment.
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 08:00 AM

When I purchased my 2018 Denali I did a lot of research on bed covers. I looked at many covers that were installed on other trucks. In the end I went with the ReTrax Aluminum non power
and have never regretted it. For the most part it is dust and water tight. It locks in any position and when closed and locked I believe it is the most secure cover out there. I have a Pullrite Superglide 5th wheel hitch and the Retrax slides right over the top of it making the bed completely secure while disconnected from the trailer.
mrmanners likes this.

2018 GMC Denali 3500 L5P White Frost Metalic
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxBill View Post
When I purchased my 2018 Denali I did a lot of research on bed covers. I looked at many covers that were installed on other trucks. In the end I went with the ReTrax Aluminum non power
and have never regretted it. For the most part it is dust and water tight. It locks in any position and when closed and locked I believe it is the most secure cover out there. I have a Pullrite Superglide 5th wheel hitch and the Retrax slides right over the top of it making the bed completely secure while disconnected from the trailer.
So I like the Retrax but they are proud of them; even with my dealer pricing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in