2020 GMC 2500 Denali - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2020+ topics not related to powertrain

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
Awesome. Thinking about Amp steps but not decided yet. I checked on them last week and I think we have them in our store now as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Been a minute since I have updated this post. We have started the mods on it this morning. First up, Fox 2.0 monotubes shocks, Bilstein Steering Stabler and Sulatic Rear Shackles.

Looking for a better riding 2020 GMC 2500 HD or Silverado 2500 HD? This combination makes a huge difference.

Synthetic Motorsports
Attached Images

JimmyD and VPRDVR like this.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post
Been a minute since I have updated this post. We have started the mods on it this morning. First up, Fox 2.0 monotubes shocks, Bilstein Steering Stabler and Sulatic Rear Shackles.

Looking for a better riding 2020 GMC 2500 HD or Silverado 2500 HD? This combination makes a huge difference.

Synthetic Motorsports
Did the 2019 MY shocks work for the 2020s? Never saw response from the other thread.

2020 GMC Denali HD 3500 SRW Quicksilver

- Michelin LTX AT2s
- BAK Revolver X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-28-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGraff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmanners View Post

Synthetic Motorsports
Did the 2019 MY shocks work for the 2020s? Never saw response from the other thread.
2019 shocks will bolt in but, the travels will be wrong. We will hardly have any rebound travel in the front.
Busa Dave likes this.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtu Alum View Post
2019 shocks will bolt in but, the travels will be wrong. We will hardly have any rebound travel in the front.
Thanks, they make a 1.5-3.5 set for the front, I will get them coming then.
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 09:40 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Installed a diamond back cover. It is awesome.
Attached Images

post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:35 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
How hard is it to remove the Diamond Back covers?

2006 LBZ Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4x4, leveled 295/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, DSP 5 tuned by Idaho Rob, 248k miles - SOLD

2019 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CCSB 4X4, b&w turnover hitch, to be continued...
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:51 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

No. The two doors come off without tools. You can do a lot by just removing the doors, and the middle support has 4 c clamps. Very easy.
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
DF Sponsors

Garage
Here is the latest install on my 20 GMC Denali 2500HD.

Extang Trifecta 2.0 Signature Series Tri-fold Tonneau Cover

One of the aftermarket items I always add to my pickups is a tonneau cover. There are many mfg that make them these days, Lund, Extang, Bak Industries, Roll-N-Lock, Retrax and others.. The last three tri-fold soft tonneaus I have owned were from Lund.

With the new 2020 GMC Denali 2500 HD, many manufacturers have been slow to get aftermarket parts out for the new GM body style. This is because they have put a lot of their focus on the Jeep Gladiators. Moving on, I wanted to take a look at what all what available for my new truck so I dug in.

I looked at Bak Industries, Extang, Roll-N-Lock and Retrax. Lund is still in R&D for its products for the 2020 models. My original thought was switching to a hard tri-fold. They are certainly more rugged than any soft covers I have had, heavier, and mostly skinned with aluminum. After realizing I wanted to easily take off this cover which I do often to hall things that are taller than the bed, I went back and started looking at soft covers.

One downfall of soft covers has always been the quality of the vinyl cover they have used. Most fade or crack over time even with the best care. Extang though, now offers a signature line which uses a heavy-duty high quality canvas material instead of vinyl. Sold!

I ordered the Extang 94653 Trifecta 2.0 Signature Series for my 2020 GMC Denali 2500HD with the 6ft 9in bed. Remember when ordering large boxes like a tonneau cover comes in, the shipping companies don't pay a lot of attention to what they are doing from the warehouse to you. I say that because my box had a hole the size of a forklift fork on it but there was no apparent damage.

The canvas cover is top knotch and reminds me of a bimini top on a boat. The seal on the underside of the rails is a triple seal so it is nearly water tight (I have not tested in a driving rain but thus far everything is dry. It comes with 2 thumb knob clamps on the front and 2 of Extang's patented EZ-Lock clamps for the back.

This tonneau cover is straight forward with no drilling to install. Note: If you have the Multi-Pro Tailgate and the grab handle, you will need to slide it a bit farther forward than you might without it so that the ez-clamp clears one of the mounting bolts for the grab handle.

The pictures below show the cover in various stages of installation. Fits nicely, with no visable light coming through the seals. It is a light option compared to a rigid tonneau. You can take it on and off in just a couple minutes and handle it with one person.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Order your Extang Trifecta 2.0 Signature Series Tonneau Cover here.
Attached Images

post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 08:37 AM

Garage
So what is the verdict on front shock travel?
I suspect the fronts from '19 prior are lacking up travel?
What about rear travel?

2020 Sierra AT4 3500 Duramax
2018 Denali 2500HD L5P Derringer equipped
2018 Montana 3811MS Legacy 16400#2900pin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode