Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/)
-   2020+ (Non Powertrain) (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2020-non-powertrain/)
-   -   2020 GMC 2500 Denali (https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2020-non-powertrain/998433-2020-gmc-2500-denali.html)

mrmanners 08-10-2019 01:25 PM

2020 GMC L5P 2500 Denali
 
5 Attachment(s)
So after driving a 15 LML for 5 years (bought in apr 14) I have been waiting on the new body style to come out. Have been looking in Middle GA for about a month now and finally this Denali came in to a local dealer.

First Denali I have owned. This truck is 1in higher in the front compared to the LML stock ride height. It came with 34s but I had the dealer swap my rims and tires out and will put a 34 or 35 back on it when these 33s wear thin.

It is a bit of a stiff ride but I will be throwing the rancho's to the side and going with Fox 2.0 Monotubes again and sulastic shackles. This setup along with Cognito UCAs and their keys made the truck ride great!

Several non-powertrain mods are in order: tonneau cover, window ventshades, brighter LED low/high and fog lights and some others.

Has anyone had any luck using Android Auto? I am using a Samsung Note 8 and cable (that works to charge phone). The truck does not recognize the phone for some reason. I am going to try a different cable tomorrow and see if that works.

#syntheticmotorsports
#tonneaucovers
#windowventshades
#brightestleds
#2020denaliduramaxbuild

sdelam 08-10-2019 05:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bakflip mx4 is the only thing I found that fits.

JimmyD 08-10-2019 05:39 PM

What is the "official" interior color called?

Nice looking ride by the way.

hobbes442 08-10-2019 06:12 PM

I received by backflip mx4 yesterday and I don't have my truck yet.
I had novakanes on LMM and I still like them - I trying to decide to get Scars or not . not sure which 20" will fit best with stock tires
had denali bought and was made mid june and not shipped yest -so changed to At4 with every option Black instead that is built later and waiting to be delivered

redwngr 08-10-2019 06:24 PM

Denali only interior is 'Dark Walnut/Dark Ash Grey'

'Jet black' is also available on all trims except AT4

AT4 gets 'Jet Black with Kalahari accents'


Denali seats are 'Forge Perforated Leather-appointed'

SLT and AT4 are 'Perforated Leather-appointed front seats'

sdelam 08-10-2019 09:08 PM

Andriod auto works fine with my galexy s8.

mrmanners 08-11-2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdelam (Post 12191439)
Bakflip mx4 is the only thing I found that fits.

Thanks, it is one of the tonneau's I am considering. I loaded the ones that are available to order or pre-order into our store the other day. Retrax and Undercover. Will get the BAK ones loaded tomorrow along with everything else that is currently available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyD (Post 12191441)
What is the "official" interior color called?

Nice looking ride by the way.

Thanks! dark ash/walnut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobbes442 (Post 12191449)
I received by backflip mx4 yesterday and I don't have my truck yet.
I had novakanes on LMM and I still like them - I trying to decide to get Scars or not . not sure which 20" will fit best with stock tires
had denali bought and was made mid june and not shipped yest -so changed to At4 with every option Black instead that is built later and waiting to be delivered

Thanks for the pics, looks great! I thought about new rims but these are still in good shape so I didn't see a reason at the moment to make the switch. If I can help you with choices, let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdelam (Post 12191493)
Andriod auto works fine with my galexy s8.

I fixed it last night with a different cable. For whatever reason the cable that I can charge with will not connect but I pulled a spare out at home and it fired right up. Now to get EZ Lynk setup so I have gauges again. Can't tune it with EZ (yet) but it should come in time.

hobbes442 08-11-2019 06:23 AM

what is the Offset for 20" wheels ?
plan on just taking stock tires at first - like looks of Sota Scar and XD Grenade

Busa Dave 08-11-2019 09:55 AM

Great Looking Truck! My first post here but am picking up my 2020 Denali White Frost tomorrow. FINALLY can go back to a Duramax!! GM moved the DEF Tank!!!! Going to put on tougher tires for the ranch in SE NM between Pecos and Carlsbad and a couple of sizes bigger and found out from GMC the axle for the AT4 is the same as the Denali and I like the White Frost which is NA on the AT4.

With this new 2020 model will be seeing a lot more out there. DEF tank punctures scared off a lot of people :) me included. My 18 6.7 Platty Ford has been a nightmare for just 35k miles. Cannot wait!!

jdwarren 08-11-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busa Dave (Post 12191611)
Great Looking Truck! My first post here but am picking up my 2020 Denali White Frost tomorrow. FINALLY can go back to a Duramax!! GM moved the DEF Tank!!!! Going to put on tougher tires for the ranch in SE NM between Pecos and Carlsbad and a couple of sizes bigger and found out from GMC the axle for the AT4 is the same as the Denali and I like the White Frost which is NA on the AT4.

With this new 2020 model will be seeing a lot more out there. DEF tank punctures scared off a lot of people :) me included. My 18 6.7 Platty Ford has been a nightmare for just 35k miles. Cannot wait!!

What issues did you have with your Ford?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome