Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

2020 Dually Availability

5K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  rawn77 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any inside info as to when we'll be able to order a '20 dually?
My local salesman can't give me any details.

#2 ·
All I have heard and read was the duallies and long beds will be available late fall. Late fall could mean anything from mid-November until late December. I do not know when GM will allow ordering them.

-Mark

#4 ·
I took the '19 Ram dually out for a test drive 3 times, trying to convince myself to get one; as it's a gorgeous truck!
I just couldn't get used to the high seating position. I can only imagine that by using the old cab with the new interior has created an awkward fitment. The seat is way too high, the dashboard way too low.

#5 ·
I've heard people saying the interior on the new Ram is the best the truck world has seen so far. it doesn't look like you agree but can you see why people are saying that?

#6 ·
I bought a new 19 ram limited for my business and am getting a 2020 Denali HD for my personal truck later this year. Both have their pros and cons. I will say as far as interior goes there is no comparison. My wife and I went to look at the new Denali last weekend and she said “babe your new work truck is way nicer inside than this” haha. Regardless I love the look of the new Denali and think it will look amazing lifted.
I totally disagree with the above comment about the seat being too high and the dash being low and I’m 6’3”.
Anyways both are absolutely amazing trucks and I’m excited to get my Denali so I can compare them better. I really have a feeling GMC is going to bump the power up mid year to better compete with the new powerhouse Ford motor but we will see.

#11 ·
I had a brand new Ram 1500 Longhorn edition as a rental for several weeks. It is hands down the nicest interior of any truck I've ever been in. It won't persuade me from getting a GM, but I do wish they would make some improvements. The 2020 cab size is a good start.

#7 ·

I can tel you that I am so happy with my 19 3500 high output that I have yet to see a truck on the road that I am been envious of and I only have the Laramie trim.

I don’t have the 12” screen but I have everything I want. 3981 lbs of payload end the Megacab

I miss my deleted 15 LML but this truck has been amazing. Equally as comfortable on the ride too which blew me away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I had a 17 ram for a few months, never did get used to high seating and low dash. Got back into a 16 lml and just felt so much better. But I'm sure I would have gotten used to the ram some time if woulda just kept at it.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
great pictures, thank you. I know the owner at the dealership, I told him I wanted a dark blue 2020 Ram, Cummings with all the options except sunroof and rear window.
I wanted the 2020 to avoid the first year bugs, if any.

Reactions: DirtEmax-USMC
#12 ·
great pictures, thank you. I know the owner at the dealership, I told him I wanted a dark blue 2020 Ram, Cummings with all the options except sunroof and rear window.

I wanted the 2020 to avoid the first year bugs, if any.

I have had 1900 great miles. Most of the forum is treating these trucks as absolutely stone cold solid. Some with over 15,000-25,000 on the clock on them already.

I strongly recommend them. It’s been great

#15 ·
Well GM may have screwed the pooch. They are delaying the new 2020 dually trucks. They have increased the price point for the new trucks. They also say the intentional slow release of the 2020 model year and reduced sales were affected by intention. Don't those who are in the know will say a unit sold is money in their bank, not the owners bank OR another competitive brand. Yes NOW a worse problem. YES GM there appears to possibility of a (The NASTY "R" word). IF this appears to be come closer to the windshield, then there maybe NO dually to produce. It maybe to late to reap those benefits. Hard to get customer loans during a recession. GM fininancial may find it hard to provide reasonable loans. No matter how loyal customers are. No money / jobs no or deadly low sales.

Chuck

#17 ·
Over 100k where???? Canada maybe but here not a chance. Clueless. Maybe just over 90. It a fully equipped truck has an MSRP for 89XXX before discounts.

Also Ram sales have passed GM soooo if you’re suggesting weaker GM sales you would be correct.

#18 ·
Also Ram sales have passed GM soooo if you’re suggesting weaker GM sales you would be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

This is not true. Ram out sold chevy (not chevy and gmc) one or two month when ram was putting 14 to 18k on the hood their new light duties and class models. This was the same time heavy duty was winding down and light duty was still ramping up.

#21 ·
Your salesman is lying to you, he can't place the order, however, he can take your deposit.

Reactions: mune237
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.