2020 L5P Picture Thread - Page 3 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
2020+ (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2020+ topics not related to powertrain

101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawtooth View Post
Holy cow that looks sick. For all you old farts like me sick now means really nice. . Great looking truck indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you

2020 GMC AT4 HD, Crew Cab 4x4. Fuel Assault 18x9 +20 offset, LT35x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdomine View Post
Here is mine.....waiting on cab lights and harness to become available so I can install those (anyone have any info on that yet?). Also going to try and figure out which pins in the BCM control the rear-facing lights in the mirrors and the reverse lights so I can run a jumper diode so the mirror lights activate when in reverse. Window tint and ceramic coat getting done this week. Also ordered black "AT4 HD" emblems for the doors. Only driven 40 miles so far.... seems much improved from my 16
Where did you order the black AT4 HD emblems from? I have put on the black GMC emblems front & rear, but getting rid of the other chrome bits would be nice too.

Also - are the 35x12.5 tires rubbing anywhere? I can't tell if you are still stock height or not in the front.

As for the diode jumper, I did this same thin on my 18 though I eventually removed it. The mirror lights got annoying, to me at least.

On my 2020, I added the diode jumper from 10 to 18 on the brown plug so that my fog lights will work with my high beams. It works flawlessly, is easily removed without any damage, and works with Intellibeam.

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 2500HD - Dark Sky Metallic

Sold - 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD - Dark Slate Metallic
post #23 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdh7917 View Post
Where did you order the black AT4 HD emblems from? I have put on the black GMC emblems front & rear, but getting rid of the other chrome bits would be nice too.

Also - are the 35x12.5 tires rubbing anywhere? I can't tell if you are still stock height or not in the front.

As for the diode jumper, I did this same thin on my 18 though I eventually removed it. The mirror lights got annoying, to me at least.

On my 2020, I added the diode jumper from 10 to 18 on the brown plug so that my fog lights will work with my high beams. It works flawlessly, is easily removed without any damage, and works with Intellibeam.
I ordered the black AT4's from Ebay (pack of 3 that are black w/ a red 4). Then I ordered the 2500 HD black emblems. I will use the black AT4 and only the HD portion of the other. They don't have the actual complete AT4 HD emblems available yet. Not sure exactly how this will look, but gonna find out

Tires do not rub at all..... I did turn the bars up only 3 turns to level with the back, but the tires didn't rub either way.

I really liked my lights coming on on reverse.... helped so much at night

2020 GMC AT4 HD, Crew Cab 4x4. Fuel Assault 18x9 +20 offset, LT35x12.5R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
I'd be interested to see pictures of the light bar when you have a chance.

Also, are you planning to do anything to accommodate the 295/65 tires? Or do you think they'll fit without any issues in the front? I would also like to go larger but didn't plan to put on different wheels to change spacing. I had 285/65s on my 2018 with keys turned and +20 wheels. Hadn't really considered going much larger until seeing your post.

Thanks.
I will get a picture in time.
I am not planning to do any mods for the tires, going to run stock wheels as well. Should be fine, another on this thread is running 35/12.5-20 on +20 and said they clear even before bar crank.
295/65-20 measures same as 35/12.5-20, but much higher load 4080# vs 3195# or 129/126R E vs 121R E which matters to me as I will be working the truck not cruising the mall......lol

2020 Sierra AT4 3500 Duramax
2018 Denali 2500HD L5P Derringer equipped
2018 Montana 3811MS Legacy 16400#2900pin
post #25 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhaulic View Post
Ordered mine 6/27 built 8/7 delivered 8/29
295/65-20 Michelin Defenders ordered today
Installed Putco Blade light bar this weekend
One thing i have noticed, 550mi currently have not had my first regen.
My '18 driving locally would regen every 150-250mi.
Apparently there is a new logic applied to regeneration.
Have my Banks Idash installed and will again be a Banks test pilot for the Derringer when it is ready
I have not noticed a "regen" as of yet, it seems like the elevated idle is not happening which was one of the key indicators on my 2019. I'm at 2200 miles, and my DEF gauge has depleted around 40% since I drove it off the lot. However I've thought several times that the brakes seemed to be stiffer than normal when coming to a stop, made me wonder if the truck was regening when that happens. But like I said, no other indications.

2020 GMC Denali HD 3500 SRW Quicksilver

- Michelin LTX AT2s
- BAK Revolver X4
post #26 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhaulic View Post
Quote:
I'd be interested to see pictures of the light bar when you have a chance.

Also, are you planning to do anything to accommodate the 295/65 tires? Or do you think they'll fit without any issues in the front? I would also like to go larger but didn't plan to put on different wheels to change spacing. I had 285/65s on my 2018 with keys turned and +20 wheels. Hadn't really considered going much larger until seeing your post.

Thanks.
I will get a picture in time.
I am not planning to do any mods for the tires, going to run stock wheels as well. Should be fine, another on this thread is running 35/12.5-20 on +20 and said they clear even before bar crank.
295/65-20 measures same as 35/12.5-20, but much higher load 4080# vs 3195# or 129/126R E vs 121R E which matters to me as I will be working the truck not cruising the mall......lol
Lol... i dont do malls. Actually my 35’s are on 18” wheels and have a load capacity of 3970 🙂

post #27 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post
Not that you can really tell, but the pic I posted with my 2002 backed up next to the 2020 is a Chevy LTZ. I was trying to capture the height difference from my old one so I wasn't worried about getting the rest of the truck in the picture.

I like the lines better on the Chevys but I HATE the grills (except for the High Country).
LT,

My truck has the front end raised 1.5" with 2" blocks on the back and am running 35's. Rough measurement the top of the bed of my truck is just about even with the top of the bed of the new ones. I roughly measured a friends '18 3500 and his is taller by 1/2-1" if my rough measurements are accurate.

I saw a white LTZ, ugliest thing I ever saw. Then saw a Cajun Red LTZ and that looked a lot better. That is why I'm anxiously waiting to see a black one.

Now the GMC dealer down the road from the Chevy dealer had about 10 new trucks in Denali, AT4 and SLT trim. I'm still on the fence about which truck to purchase....

'02 2500HD DMAX LB7/ZF-6, LS, Onyx Black, CC/LB, 2WD, G80
VA 0-70-110 Smart E Box, H2 Wheels w/ 315x70-17 BFG T/A-KO, Kennedy 4"-5" Exhaust,
ISSPRO EGT/Boost gauges, Go Rhino WTW Nerf Bars, Line-X, SBC SMF/SD Flywheel, Ceramic/Kevlar Clutch,
TTT Mirrors, BrakeSmart Brake Controller, B&W Turnover Ball & 5th Wheel Companion Hitch

430k miles and still running great! (5/19)

'04 Wildcat 29BHBP 5th Wheel Camper (Sold)
post #28 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:38 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
LT,

My truck has the front end raised 1.5" with 2" blocks on the back and am running 35's. Rough measurement the top of the bed of my truck is just about even with the top of the bed of the new ones. I roughly measured a friends '18 3500 and his is taller by 1/2-1" if my rough measurements are accurate.

I saw a white LTZ, ugliest thing I ever saw. Then saw a Cajun Red LTZ and that looked a lot better. That is why I'm anxiously waiting to see a black one.

Now the GMC dealer down the road from the Chevy dealer had about 10 new trucks in Denali, AT4 and SLT trim. I'm still on the fence about which truck to purchase....

I'm running 265s rather than the 245s that were stock but all else is stock. So, I might be 1/2" higher or less than stock.

I like the Denali best I think. I also really like the Swiss Army tailgate but if I end up going that way, I will re-wire the tailgate with a switch in the trailer receiver that keeps the top part of the tailgate from opening if there's a hitch in the receiver. Should be really simple to do. Not sure why GMC didn't do that.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 408,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.

Last edited by long-time-dmax; 09-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.
post #29 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:00 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=long-time-dmax;12203727]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
LT,

I will re-wire the tailgate with a switch in the trailer receiver that keeps the top part of the tailgate from opening if there's a hitch in the receiver. Should be really simple to do. Not sure why GMC didn't do that.
Please do a post on that.

2020 Denali 2500 Duramax Crewcab 4x4
post #30 of 218 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:10 PM
DuramaxForum Veteran

[quote=sdelam;12203861]
Quote:
Originally Posted by long-time-dmax View Post

Please do a post on that.
See this thread that McGraff started. I put a more complete description of what I'm talking about in post #2. If desired, I can draw out how the circuit should work but I do not really have ANY info at this moment on how that section of the tailgate operates (electrically? mechanically? wiring?) so it's mostly just speculation on my part at this point. But if it works the way I think it does, there should be no problem at all putting a "safety switch" in the circuit so that that part of the tailgate cannot open if there's a draw bar in the receiver.

https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2...-solution.html

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 408,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.

Last edited by long-time-dmax; 09-10-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode