2020+ (Non Powertrain) Discussion of 2020+ topics not related to powertrain

100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:09 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMaxRocks View Post
LT,

I'm leaning the same way you are...in my opinion, how the front end of the Chevy looks is totally dependent on the color of the truck. In Cajun red it doesn't look bad, in white I can not stand it, waiting to see a black one, that should make my final decision.

There are several major differences from the HC grill to the rest...I like the HC grill but I am old school and I like chrome...so the HC is out for me. I looked at the opportunity to swap an HC grill onto a LTZ, but there are way too many difference to allow that...at least in my preliminary investigation

-Mark

The GMC tailgate is something I have liked since I first saw it. Many times I use a step ladder to get in & out of my bed. And that's with a comparably low sitting 2002. The height of the new truck just makes that tailgate waaaaay more desirable to me. That step should prove really handy. I heard them say in one of the early intro videos for the '20 models that only GMC would have that tailgate for the first year. I'm wondering if it'll be available on the '21 Chevys. That would be nice.

I LOVE my white truck. Second one. The next one will be white too. And yes, the '20 LTZ that I drove the other day was white and that front end was just nasty looking. The Cajun Red is my favorite color but white is just too easy to care for and believe it of not, it seems to hold up better over time than most other colors.

Had a black car once..... once. Have a 30' black boat now. Love the look, not in love with the work keeping it looking good.

2002 Chevy 2500HD Crew - Original owner - 408,000 miles so far. All stock with the exception of a lift pump.

Last edited by long-time-dmax; 09-13-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:10 PM

I personally like the chevy. You can get it with just the bowtie but I prefer the Chevrolet across the front I think it makes it look tougher. I am looking at buying a 2020 in the next month or so and I would prefer the black bumper but that's the wt model (bottom of the line) and if I'm keeping this thing for however long it will last I want it to have the options I want. I like the GMC also but there's just little things that get me with that one. The reflectors on the fender flares I think looks crazy and pointless and the fact that you can't have a receiver hitch in with the 6 way tailgate was a fail fo GM in my opinion but to each their own. Anyways it's all the same [email protected]$$ drivetrain so that's why they make different models for guys like me I guess. Trust me they are not losing money in any way lol but I think I this thing looks awesome and I have only owned chevys with no major problems so if it's not broke dont fix it is my motto.
Attached Images

Dmax affair likes this.

ChevyCowboy2013
post #43 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 09:57 PM

Put a set of 35X11.50s on the stock wheels. Never thought Id say 35s looked to small and cleared with ease on a GM stock 2500HD. Definitely looks a little better but if I had it to do over again, I would have went with 37X12.50s
Attached Images

2016 GMC Denali 2500HD 4.5 BDS w/1" rear blocks, Fox shocks---35X12.50 Toyo R/T's---22X10 -25 American Forces

(Sold)2015 GMC Denali 2500HD Toyo R/T's 33x12.50 20x9 Fuel Mavericks +1 offset Cognito Stage 3 Leveling Kit/Fox Shocks Suspension Maxx Diff Spacers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:40 AM
Finally! Wheels on!

I think the 35s look perfect. Maybe the 12.5s next time but I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Bus
Looking for OBS interior parts: Graphite color code. (1999-2004 IIRC) Door panels for sure, but let me know what you have

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
post #45 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 04:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLDuramax View Post
Put a set of 35X11.50s on the stock wheels. Never thought Id say 35s looked to small and cleared with ease on a GM stock 2500HD. Definitely looks a little better but if I had it to do over again, I would have went with 37X12.50s
Good, I have a set of 295/65-20's coming, which is basically the same size.

2020 Sierra AT4 3500 Duramax
2018 Denali 2500HD L5P Derringer equipped
2018 Montana 3811MS Legacy 16400#2900pin
post #46 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:57 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
Not my truck but this is the cleanest 2020 I have seen. The black hides a lot of the design features I do not like.
Attached Images

2006 LBZ Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4x4, leveled 295/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, DSP 5 tuned by Idaho Rob, 248k miles - SOLD

2019 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CCSB 4X4, b&w turnover hitch, to be continued...
post #47 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:29 PM

2020 L5P Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyCowboy2013 View Post
I personally like the chevy. You can get it with just the bowtie but I prefer the Chevrolet across the front I think it makes it look tougher. I am looking at buying a 2020 in the next month or so and I would prefer the black bumper but that's the wt model (bottom of the line) and if I'm keeping this thing for however long it will last I want it to have the options I want. I like the GMC also but there's just little things that get me with that one. The reflectors on the fender flares I think looks crazy and pointless and the fact that you can't have a receiver hitch in with the 6 way tailgate was a fail fo GM in my opinion but to each their own. Anyways it's all the same [email protected]$$ drivetrain so that's why they make different models for guys like me I guess. Trust me they are not losing money in any way lol but I think I this thing looks awesome and I have only owned chevys with no major problems so if it's not broke dont fix it is my motto.

Im glad you like it cause they need some sales. Was at the dealer the other day as a friend of mine works sales and said the initial hype and excitement has vaporized. They have only sold 2 units and those were pre-sales. No inventory has moved yet and they have several on the lot now. That being said I thought this one looked the best. And it actually was slightly better looking at it in person. I also agree that the fender reflectors on the GMC are a little strange.

Anyway,I wanted to post and win first 2020 Chevy HD pic in this thread. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dmax affair and DMaxRocks like this.

2018 GMC SLT 4x4 2500 crew cab

Last edited by Sawtooth; 09-17-2019 at 03:31 PM.
post #48 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneK210 View Post
Not my truck but this is the cleanest 2020 I have seen. The black hides a lot of the design features I do not like.
What is the wheel tire size on this truck? Where did you get the picture?

Thanks
post #49 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM
DuramaxForum n00b

Garage
[QUOTE=lexcar;12206857]What is the wheel tire size on this truck? Where did you get the picture?

Not sure what the specs are. Found it on Instagram @gmcallterrain

2006 LBZ Chevy 2500HD CCSB 4x4, leveled 295/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, DSP 5 tuned by Idaho Rob, 248k miles - SOLD

2019 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CCSB 4X4, b&w turnover hitch, to be continued...
post #50 of 217 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 05:22 PM

One of my guys just took delivery of a 2020 3500HD s/b cc in black. He put 35s on it. ( looks same as ShaneK210 pic above )
Dealer says can't adjust speedo to account for o/size tires. He figures about 7% out.
Any suggestions?
(YES, I'm green with envy!!!)

2015 CHEV 3500 Dually CC 4x4
Katzkin leather & heated seats, I board running boards, Linex lower treatment
SOLD: 2011 GMC 3500 Denali CC SWB Duramax
Lowered 2 1/2"
Banks Cat back exhaust
Black factory boards
Hauling a Bighorn 5th wheel

Mice ate my emissions wiring and stuff under my truck-
Bye Bye DEF and all that crap!
converted DPF to a resonator & it works great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in