h1 no start - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

h1 no start

i got an 1999 h1 with the 6.5L diesel, and here recently it had been sputtering going up hills under load or heavy throttle getting up to speed, well the other day it sputtered going up hill and died, found the "alt ign" fuse to be blown replaced fuse, and as soon as key is turned on it blown immediatly, it has a code P0215 Engine Shut-Off Control Circuit, tried jumpering the fuse and it starts and revs way upand then shuts off and sets a engine overspeed code, i started unplugging sensors on the injection pump trying to see which one is blowing the fuse, upon unplugging the one that goes to the pump driver the fuse wouldnt blow, as soon as i plugged it back in it blew, so i would suspect a bad pump driver module shorted, but i notived that the connector at the driver has the wires from the connector i just unplugged but also a set that go to the back of the pump in between the lines, i cant find a way to isolate that part to see if its the pump driver or this thing in between all the lines, im suspecting a pump driver, but what does anyone else think, cause this is an expensive piec to just go out and buy thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 06:59 PM

Thumbs up

I have a 99' H1 wagon and have run into the same problem before. I changed out the pump on top of the motor and also changed out the computer brain on the engine. I replaced the fuel filter and the belts. Cost me about 3500.00 and it runs like new. Hope this helps you out. You can get a remanufactured pump and computer :rockin
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
VAGITARIAN :)

Get the isolated pump to help with heat problems that these units suffer from.JMO

2006 GMC 4x4 CC/SB/sle1/LBZ**312,000 miles!!** PPE HOT+2 225 TUNE beeeyotch:-)AutoMeter egt/boost Suncoast 5 trans w/1056TC!tsktsk,billet in/out shafts/MagHytec pan!!,M/A built T-Case,4 in.str8piped,5%tint all around......
2007 Chevrolet 4x4 cc\sb,lbz.......SOLD to blunova
Also, I speed and don't come to complete stops at stop signs.

''don't sweat the petty things,pet the sweaty things''
Click below/pictures of my junk!!
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vb...do=hall&u=8415
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Silverado03
Hey Great White, I'm a mechanic in the U.S.Army, I know there are some differences between your civilian H1 and my HMMWV's but I'd swap out that injection pump or have it rebuilt, if you keep running it with that position wire unplugged you'll damage your safety control box and thats a really expensive piece to replace compared to an injection pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode