6.5 diesel issues and limp mode - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

6.5 diesel issues and limp mode

Hello all I have just purchased a 1995 6.5 liter N/A Y Vin G30 box truck with a 4L80e transmission. This is the first diesel I've ever owned so I'm pretty ignorant with this load out but here's some back ground....I bought the truck not running it needed battery's it had been sitting for 2 years not running so I put in 2 650cca battery's new terminals and screws I replaced the air filter and fuel filter also blead out the system of air changed oil and filter and she fired right up and heated up a few minutes later just like I thought it should around 14 volts on the gauge 60psi and about 180 on the temp gauge but it's hard to read I let it idle for an hour or so while I checked everything over the SES light is on and stays on all the time I tried jumping the A and B terminals on the obd1 port but the SES light stays on no flashing at all and when I turn the key to run position the glow plugs relay clicks a single time loudly and the glow plugs light comes on then off after the click...is this normal operation?? Okay so I take it down the road to get a feel for it and it revs right up but will NOT upshift!! I have park reverse neutral and second I assume? I am changing the oil and filter tomorrow in the transmission the fluid looks pinkish brown and needs to be changed big time...so I guess I just need to know what do you guys recommend I do first?? Where to begin and what can send this transmission into limp mode if it even is limp mode?? Thanks in advance and I'm happy to be on the forum sorry I have this posted twice I just found this section to post in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-29-2018, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Also truck has 43000 miles on it and it was a USAF troop carrier thanks again guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode