1986!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
The Stealth

1986!!

i just got a 1986 chevy suburban,red lifted 6.5l diesel, looks pretty sick.. i wanna know if you can straight pipe this bad boy?

2008 LMM with an AFE turbo back DPF delete, Edge Evo Cs with monitor, S&B cold air intake, 6 inch RBP lift kit on 22x14 fuel hostages wrapped with 35 inch nitto terra grapplers. two 10 inch alpine subs, alpine indash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Oh...... Squirrel!

Ya you can straight pipe it for sure! But before you do you gotta post pics of the burban!! :tease

Are you sure its a 6.5 not a 6.2? My buddy had a 96 6.5 burban straight pipe and it honestly sounded kinda retarded

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Jason
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ CC SB
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, LED Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Smoke. It's what's cookin

Send a message via AIM to aggar
If it's an 86 it's prolly the 6.2 not the 6.5. 6.5 didn't come out till the late 80's early 90's. If you're gonna straight it, put some glass packs on it and it will cackle!!

"You can't stop a bad guy with your middle finger and a bag of quarters."

Ted Nugent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 05:48 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

one last thing to remember. If it is a 6.2 you cam take parts from a 6.5 and bolt them on like a turbo.

Four stroke diesel S.S.B.B. Suck Squeez Bang Blow
06 LBZ with 5 inch magnaflow exhaust,Bd exhaust manifold, Bully dog outlook, Fass 150, EFI by Rob, SC4 TC1056, transfer case brace, hid 8k on highs and lows
My iron is yellow
Current project-389 pete glider C-16 Stage 2.5 pdi injectors, stage 3 pdi cam, stage 1 tuning,stage 3 turbo, ending hp 850 to the ground!
Id rather be dead then CUMMINS RED!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
The Stealth

yaa its a 6.5 its a new motor they just put in it!!
its a clean ride

2008 LMM with an AFE turbo back DPF delete, Edge Evo Cs with monitor, S&B cold air intake, 6 inch RBP lift kit on 22x14 fuel hostages wrapped with 35 inch nitto terra grapplers. two 10 inch alpine subs, alpine indash.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Smoke. It's what's cookin

Send a message via AIM to aggar
Howbout some pics of the ol' goat.

"You can't stop a bad guy with your middle finger and a bag of quarters."

Ted Nugent
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
The Stealth

haha the o'l goat, i like it!! i need to get some new rims and tires on this beast before i can show it off to all you guys

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Timeless Perfection!

excuses! Excuses!

Matt
2005 Chevy 3500 4x4 SLT Crew Cab, L O N G BED! Leather, Integrated DVD Player,"you know, for the kids!" Banks CAI, PPE ECON stage 2 Installed by BigRedChevy; MBRP 4" SS. Dead CAT Kept the MUFF, Modded turbo mouthpiece
RESONATOR PLUG,EGR Blocker Plate Putco Boss Barz Fat Mud Flaps
" Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Ben Franklin... Wake up AMERICA!"

:blowup
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 09:05 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I've heard a couple of them around town here with either a straight pipe, or an exhaust system of some sort. I think they sound pretty badass!! You can really hear the turbo whistle on them. Too bad they don't go as fast as they sound with a straight pipe.

YouTube - 6.5L Diesel stock exhaust vs muffler and cat removed

Last edited by gr8shot; 09-17-2008 at 09:13 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Oh...... Squirrel!

Ya screw the wheels.. I wanna see it now!! :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Jason
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ CC SB
Exterior: Escalade Handles, Front windows tinted to match the rear, painted bumpers & mirrors, billet grille, 305/50/20 Cooper Zeons on BMF Novakanes Death Metal, Cognito Braces, Stainless Sleeves, Train Horns
Interior: 4 Kicker 10in Subs in 2 custom box's, Autometer Ultra lite II Pyro and Boost gauges, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, LED Lows & Fogs, Painted accents
Performance: EFI Live Tuned by Blackout Performance, Custom Blackout Performance S475 over stock twins, 45 over stock injectors, MBRP Turbo Back Stainless Exhaust (Straight piped), Raptor Lift Pump, AFE Filter, GMAX6 kit with Suncoast 1057 converter installed by Blackout Performance
1999 Ford F-550 PowerStroke ''Wrecker'' **Jerrdan bed, S&B Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode