Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Truck won't start after reflash

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  doug25427 
#1 · (Edited)
For whatever reason I wanted to reflash the tunes today using my AutoCal.

First I updated the AutoCal by installing the newest version of EFILIVE Scan and Tune on my PC. Once I installed it the program updated my AutoCal.

I loaded the my tune and proceeded to flash the truck using the written directions I have from ATP.

Everything seemed to go right.

After the 15 second period finished the truck wouldn't start... not even turn over.

The truck batteries are fully charged and I touched nothing while it flashed. The aftermarket radio was on and the FASS pump was on too... nothing else.

Next I used a laptop with the newest version of EFILIVE Scan and Tune and the AutoCal to do a full flash.

Same results... won't crank, no power to the windows or other accessories and Check 4WD and Service Trailer Brake messages.

I don't have the stock tune to fall back on... don't ask how that happened.

Any ideas?

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
The tuner was ATP... they are no longer in the business.
I've sent an unlock code request to unlock my autocal but it can take a week to receive.
I didn't know about recovery software. I guess that can only come from the original tuner.
Might have to contact another tuner.

#4 ·
Radio on, LP running not a good idea, it’s recommended to have at least 12 + volts loading tunes.
Your headlights was probably also on during its delay, another bad idea, turn them off.
Everything needs to be off, having a battery charger hooked up is a very good idea.

If you was monitoring the voltage start to finish, you’d see why.
Your dealer everytime they plug into the OBD2 to check for anything/updates they have everything off and it’s on a battery charger.

Glowplugs on, Grid heater on taking even a good battery below 11 volts.
Charger on the volts will be, should be above 12.
Mines starts around 12.5 by the time the tune is loaded about 12.3.

The first pic is cold starting with glowplugs and grid heater running nothing else.
2nd pic is during loading my tune with battery charger, everything else is turned off.
I no longer have the grid heater it’s usually around low to mid 11’s cold starting nothing else on then it starts going up fairly quick.
For me having this little digital volt gauge is priceless, your dash gauge is not always very accurate.

“Good Luck on getting er fixed”

Attachments

#5 ·
Heads up you do the unlock code everything you have ATP will be gone forever.
I’m still running my ATP tunes, the first tune Rob gave me 6/2012, I have my ATP AutoCal several tunes on my computer EFILive Explorer it's still running just fine.
I’d suggest trying to resolve your issue and keep what you have, that’s a $$$ saver suggestion.

#6 ·
After the damage was done I found on the web a guide telling which fuses to pull to shut off a lot of stuff before flashing. This was not a part of the ATP flash directions.
I should have unplugged the FASS on my own.
I did have a charger hooked up from the start.
I knew once unlocked the ATP tunes would be gone. It was going to happen sooner or later since ATP is gone.
I was looking for another tuner anyway. With an unlocked autocal all I need is the tunes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.