Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Colorado Members?

77K views 814 replies 137 participants last post by  oak1971 
#1 ·
Did a search and didn't come up with anything. Where is everybody from Colorado at?

-Justin Colorado Springs

#27 ·
I might show up!from Kansas and y'all can't laugh at my truck either!!

#28 ·
damn i was just up there in springs last weekend lol

#30 ·
I know I'm a little late on the thread, but I'm from the Northeast corner of the state by Haxtun.

#31 ·
Hey all ! Down in Parker here. Looks like I missed the last meet and greet:booboo but please keep me in the loop for the next one. Been a diesel guy for 6yrs now but only a year under my belt of spending my retirement to make my 8-k lb dually very pissed off !This shits worse than crackEeeke Would like to meet up with all of you so we can swap some lies and go humble some ricers , or srt8's ...:neener
See ya !
Matt
MGDURAMAX@AOL.COM

#42 ·
im in aurora as well.lets get a dyno meet with lunch like last year.also if you guys need anything done on your lbzs or lly i can put on or make anymods,and work with idaho rob with tunning so i am looking for people.rob tunes with me tweaking in person for the exact shift,boost,ect,so it runs just how you want.

#44 ·
some guys from that other site are meeting for go kart racing on the 30th at the new indoor raceway right next to american furniture off E-470. If you are interested hop on that site and rsvp.. :gearjamin

#46 ·
anybody around grand junction? Sounds like i'm going to be relocating there shortly.
newly tolf in gg.but he is working i utah.operating

#47 ·
Littleton here. It looks like a few of you guys ride bikes. I'll have my R6 down here from Montana in a couple weeks. We should together for a ride. If anyone wants to go snowmobiling, hit me up.

Jeff

#48 ·
Grand Junction checking in. Some dyno events would be cool to go to! Anyone around my neck of the woods? Wish i was closer to denver :/

#54 · (Edited)
Im in Grand Junction also. They had a dyno about 3 weeks ago, and the track opens on the 6th, and there will be some diesels there, im trying to go but probably have to work. Maybe we can have a meet and greet soon, i know quite a bit of pretty quick diesels around here

#49 ·
I live in the Springs and just picked up my "new" truck yesterday. Finally decided that the '01 2500HD Silverado with the 6.0 Vortec i've had for 10 years wouldn't work for my plans. It's worked fine over the years towing my 18' trailer w/ Jeep, but I'm in the market for a toy hauler now and the 6.0 just won't cut it. Anyway, I hope to meet up with some of you and gain some knowledge on the Duramax.

Oh, one question... actually two:

1. I just bought this yesterday and the dealer mechanic replaced both tx filters, fuel filter, air filter, oil change, new coolant, etc. I want to make sure (after the fact that I just bought it... :rolleyes:) that everything is sound with this engine. It seems fine to me, but I'm not real familiar with the Duramax and would feel much better if someone that does know could tell me. Are there any recommended Duramax mechanics either in the Springs or Denver that you guys know of?

2. I was checking the serpentine belt and noticed a small amount of cracking and thought I would replace the belt. On my Vortec it takes me a few minutes, but after looking at the Durmax, it looks like a pain in the ass. I tried searching the forums but didn't find any good explanations/how to's. For grits and shins I decided to call Al Serra to see what they would charge. They quoted 1.3 hours of labor and a total of $220!! :drink Have any of you replaced your serpentine on a LBZ (they're supposedly different from a LB7) and if so, was it real tough? Did you have to remove the radiator shroud?

Thanks,

Todd

#56 ·
Was nice to meetup with you today. Thanks for the lunch again man!!! You got a nice truck and a hell of a deal on it!!!! Let me know if you need anything else or have other questions!:drink

#50 ·
I am also in the springs.. If you wanted I could give your truck a solid once over and see how everything runs. I could also do a quick data log for you to make sure everything is where its supposed to be.

#52 ·
hey guys, hate to crash your party but does anyone on here recognize this truck? it's an 04 lb7. i bought it in orland park, IL but the title the guy had was from colorado. truck had mods on it that make me think a dmax enthusiast used to own it. just wanted to talk to original owner if possible

Attachments

#55 ·
Great, im definitely gonna hit the track up when it opens. I know some mpeople with diesels so it should be awesome

#57 ·
Spent some time in Steamboat I miss the hell out of that place those hot springs up in the mountains where insane. And thats one of the reasons I got my Dmax wrecked my avalanche there.

#58 ·
Elbert as in "where the hell is Elbert". You know you can't get there from here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.