Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Finally New Wheels and Tires!

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Trucker77 
#1 ·
About a month ago I decided to go away from the leveled look, and focus on the performance of the truck. I swapped out my leveling keys for stock ones, sold my Walker Evans and BFG's to my father and began searching for a new set up. Last Thursday I picked up these Weld Racing EVO wheels that I really liked. $950 for the set with Toyo A/T 305/50-20 at about 40% tread life left. Since I am looking to drag race the truck I got myself a set of Nitto 420s tires. I am so pleased with the way the truck has progressed. Hopefully I can get my Belltech drop shackles in tomorrow before going to the track. Ran 8.6 @ 78 last time hoping with the smaller tires (31's as opposed to my old 33's) I can pick up a little bit of time.

I did have to do the small fender mod, as well as trim the bumper and the splash guard but so worth it. For those interested in the wheel set up they are 20x10 -25mm Weld Racing Evo (I think 478). Tires are Nitto 420s 285/50. They clear perfectly with the T-bar bolts NEARLY ALL THE WAY OUT.

See less See more
Reactions: lly_bohntr
#3 ·
Weld Velocity 8 EVO one of my favorites, nice find.

#5 ·
I'm not big on a full chrome wheel but I have to say that looks really good

#7 ·
:thumbb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.