Question on venting a gravity feed aux tank - Page 5 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Aftermarket Fuel Tanks This forum is for the discussion of aftermarket fuel tanks and transfer tanks.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Blue78 View Post
Marv - It looks like I have the same locking cap as you, they are vented so you don't need to vent your aux tank. I am running a small fuel pump (has a small filter), then pass through a golden rod water blocker filter (probably not required but thought I didn't want to worry about water) then a 12v NC solenoid and into the tank via the fill line using the same kit in your Northern tool link. Here are a few pics, I don't seem to have one that shows the solenoid but its right downstream of the filter. I have been waiting until the truck's tank is about 1/2 full then turn on the pump and let it fill till the gauge reads ~3/4 full. When I shut the pump down it normally settles out at about 7/8 full. I have not had any issues throwing codes. My understanding is that it will throw a code if you don't let the tank level drop some which is why I don't switch it on until 1/2 empty and all is good....
How do you have that goldenrod filter mounted ? I see a notch cut on angle iron for reducer fittings to ,well fit in the notch.lol

I used that filter to bench clean my new to me aux tank.Draws from aux tank top and filled the bowl full.When I mounted filter in front of truck tank the bowl doesn’t fill but 3 inch over the filter.
Only 1/4 inch up filter with filter before pump.So routed pump to filter only filling bowl 3 inch over bottom of filter.
Does the filter need primed due to the distance maybe? If so how?
Thanks

16 GMC Denali 3500 stock for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:03 PM

[QUOTE=Scott1979;12193199]How do you have that goldenrod filter mounted ? I see a notch cut on angle iron for reducer fittings to ,well fit in the notch.lol

I welded a 1/2” black pipe with NPT threads on to the chunk of angle iron so I could mount it under the box and thread the filter in. I am gravity feeding so no need to prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 SRW 3500 SLT Z71 CC
1978 Trans Am, 400, factory 4 spd, 3:42 posi
oh, and I love fossil fuels...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode