Fuel pump LBZ - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Aftermarket Mods. Discuss what Mods are right for you.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Fuel pump LBZ

Hey everyone. I know this post has been talked about before but I have read everyone’s reviews that’s are several years old compared to today’s date. With that being said, what is today’s best investment for a lift fuel pump?Manufacturer and GPH size? I have a 06 LBZ that has a edge chip but other then that is stock. I am towing a travel trailer this coming spring for the first time and I am looking to protect my CP3 and longevity of my rig. I love my truck and want it to last a lifetime. Thank you for your input, advice and help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 11:42 PM

Kennedy............... high volume, low pressure, centrifugal, silent, long life, no leaks, simple install with no return line required.

https://www.kennedydiesel.com/catego...bCategory2=125

2006 Express 3500 Ext. 4" Turbo Back Exhaust, bye bye kitty and ruffler. EFI Live. Custom made air intake with dry Aem filter. TDK bumper.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Shop Specialties. I will look in to Kennedy. I have herd some chatter about those but never really any hard core reviews. Even YouTube does not have to many reviews on it. I appreciate the input I am conflicted between the Fass and AirDog. So it is nice to get a third contender thrown into the mix. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 03:58 AM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
You won't come close to burning 10gph, towing whatever up Mt. NotToday's slopes, why go for 100gph pump?
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/d...-pump-kit.html
FFFerg likes this.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 07:05 AM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

The Kennedy is a good pump and the install is elegant. I got the FASS 95 because I liked the idea of "polishing" the fuel by recirculating it through the two filters.

I also like the fact that it is self priming. Makes changing filters easier and no pre-filling required.

Ive only had it about 4 years but it has worked flawlessly.
HWI likes this.

2008 Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel
FASS 95 Lift Pump (with Baldwin filters), Edge Insight CTS Monitor on a Windshield Mount, Nicktane Fuel Filter Adapter w/ CAT 306-9199 UHE tertiary fuel filter, Bilstein 5100 Stock Height, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, AMP Research Bedstep, Fumoto oil drain valve, Dorman PS Oil cooler, Pioneer AVIC 7200NEX GPS/Stereo, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:03 PM
HWI

I wouldn't hesitate to run any of the big names (Airdog, FASS, Kennedy, BD, Aeromotive, etc), they are all reliable and work well. One thing I like about the FASS and Airdog is the "polishing", recirculating the fuel through the filters multiple times appeals to me. Does it make a difference? I can't prove it one way or the other, but it gives me a warm fuzzy, which counts for something.

06 LBZ CCSB
With some stuff.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the input HWI. That is something I like as well when it comes to "polishing" the fuel. There are so many reviews and different inputs out there. It is a good chance of change out of my pocket so I would like to get it right the first time.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Good point 407driver. It looks like to me that the 95gph is no longer sold but rather a 100gph. Must be the new filter setup without the bleeder screw.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:20 PM

Fass still is the 95gph. I just bought one less than a month ago. It's their new titanium signature series with the new style filters.

I did see some sites listed it as 100gph but yet the part numbers were the same as the 95.

2015.5 2500HD LML
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Gotcha that makes more sense 19trax95. I did not look at the part numbers. I knew the filets changed but I was also curious why they would move away from a bleeder screw on the water separator. You think it is a new way to buy more filters more often? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode