Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Help p0113

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SilverGorillaLML 
#1 ·
So I’m new to this forum and I’m having issues with my 2015 lml I installed a hsp ybridge and both hot and cold intercooler pipes and now I’m getting a p0113 iat sensor high I have replace the mass air flow sensors and iat sensors in the intercooler pipe and y bridge and still have same code Idk what to do next

#5 ·
You said you replaced the IAT sensor, but remember that there could be an error in the circuit to the IAT.

This is info from my 2008 model:
DTC P0112 or P0113

Diagnostic Instructions

DTC Descriptors

DTC P0112

• Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
DTC P0113

• Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage
Diagnostic Fault Information

Typical Scan Tool Data

Circuit/System Description

The intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 1 is a variable resistor that measures the temperature of the air entering the engine. The engine control module (ECM) supplies 5 volts to the IAT signal circuit, and a ground for the IAT low reference circuit. The ECM continuously monitors the IAT sensor 1 signal voltage for an excessively high or low voltage.

Conditions for Running the DTC

• The engine is running.
  • The DTCs run continuously when the above condition is met.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

P0112

The IAT Sensor 1 parameter is warmer than 148°C (299°F) for greater than 1 second. This is equal to or less than 0.10 volt on the IAT signal circuit as measured by the ECM.

P0113

The IAT Sensor 1 parameter is colder than -39°C (-38°F) for greater than 1 second. This is equal to greater than 4.8 volts on the IAT signal circuit as measured by the ECM.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

DTC P0112 and P0113 are Type B DTCs.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

DTC P0112 and P0113 are Type B DTCs.

Diagnostic Aids

• With the ignition ON and the engine OFF, if the engine is cold, a properly functioning IAT sensor will gradually increase the scan tool IAT Sensor parameter. This is due to the heat that is generated by the mass air flow (MAF) sensor heating elements.
  • Depending on the ambient temperature, an IAT sensor signal circuit or low reference circuit that is shorted to the MAF sensor signal circuit can cause a DTC P0113 to set. This condition can cause a rapid fluctuation in the IAT Sensor parameter.
  • An IAT low reference circuit that is open can cause the IAT Sensor parameter response to be sluggish. This condition may not necessarily set a DTC.
  • An IAT sensor signal circuit that is shorted to the MAF sensor ignition circuit can cause a DTC P0113 to set.
  • Verify that any electrical aftermarket devices are properly connected and grounded. Refer to Checking Aftermarket Accessories. See: Testing and Inspection\Component Tests and General Diagnostics
Circuit/System Verification

1. Engine running, observe the scan tool IAT Sensor 1 parameter. The reading should be between -38 to +148°C (-36 to +298°F) depending on the current ambient temperature and the vehicle operating conditions.
  2. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the Freeze Frame/Failure Records data.
Circuit/System Testing

1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the mass air flow MAF/IAT sensor.
  2. Ignition OFF, for 90 seconds, test for less than 5 ohms between the IAT Sensor 1 low reference circuit terminal 4 and ground.

• If greater than the specified range, test the IAT Sensor 1 low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

1. Ignition OFF, test for less than 5 ohms between the MAF sensor low reference circuit terminal 2 and ground.

• If greater than the specified range, test the MAF sensor low reference circuit for an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

1. Ignition ON, verify the scan tool IAT Sensor 1 parameter is less than -39°C (-38°F).

• If warmer than the specified range, test the signal circuit terminal 5 for a short to ground. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

1. Install a 3A fused jumper wire between the signal circuit terminal 5 and a ground. Verify the scan tool IAT Sensor 1 parameter is warmer than 148°C (298°F).

• If colder than the specified range, test the signal circuit for a short to voltage or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace the ECM.

1. If all circuits test normal, test or replace the MAF/IAT sensor.
Component Testing

Measure and record the resistance between the signal terminal 5 and the low reference circuit terminal 4 at the IAT sensor. Compare the value to the Temperature Vs Resistance table. Refer to Temperature Versus Resistance (EGR Temperature Sensors) Temperature Versus Resistance (ECT Sensors) Temperature Versus Resistance (Fuel Temperature Sensor) Temperature Versus Resistance (IAT Sensor 1) Temperature Versus Resistance (IAT Sensor 2) Temperature Versus Resistance (EGT Sensors).

#6 ·
I had the same issue when I had the S300 kit installed on my LML with a IAT high voltage check engine light. Got a hold of PPEI and they sent me a new file and took care of it. Hard for me to believe there is nothing they can do about it. Tuners are suppose to have full control over these trucks. They prolly sent you a "basic" tune for the set up you are running that they send out to the masses. They are prolly going to have to write you a "custom" tune to take care of the code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.