lift pump sticky? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Aftermarket Mods. Discuss what Mods are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

lift pump sticky?

Seems like everyone has a lift pump so now my LBZ wants one too. Since this is so popular I would think that there would be a sticky somewhere all about it but so far I haven't found it. Can someone point me to a good link?

My cursory googling I discovered some differences.

a the high end ones may have higher pressure settings

b. high end ones may have more than 1 filter? Maybe 1 for water 1 for filtering.

c high end ones have a separate recirc fuel line that goes back to the tank. I assume the cheap ones just use the same route that is used in stock ie, go thru the oem filter, thru cp3/4, bypass to tank when high pressure is not needed.

Some seem to have more complete kits or mount more easily?

One question I have, I would think you'd want to have minimal fuel in the tank when installing since a line has to be cut and fuel is gonna start draining fast. You better be ready to catch it and attach or plug it off.

Lots to learn.

besides just being cool with a lift pump I'm adding one to help (I hope) with a fuel starvation problem (I think) under heavy towing load. I'm guessing that the real problem is that the source fuel lines are collasping due to partial vaccuum.

Don - WA5NGP

06 LBZ white, X Cab, Long Bed, 2WD, raised driver seat, Work Truck nuthin fancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:00 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Make sure to fix the existing issue first before putting a pump on. The more expensive ones are adjustable so that fuel can be increased when one modifies for higher fuel demands with bigger injectors and cp3/4.2. You only need about a middle of the road setup if your just looking for the extra filtration and to help the fuel system. Lots seem to like the kennedy systems with the stock trucks. And modified trucks seem to lean more to FASS and Airdog.

Beastly Build
LBZ Drag Racing
2006 GMC LBZ 4x4 CC/SB
1/4 Mile [email protected]
1.793 60'
DIED 09/19/17 11:02AM
REVIVED 12/21/17 3:57PM
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

I think I found the definitive thread that answers most questions.
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/0...ft-pump-6.html

Sounds like for the simple not hot rod implementation Kennedy is the way to go. I need to read a bit more I don't understand the wording about TWIN pump configuration. There's actually 2 pumps?

Don - WA5NGP

06 LBZ white, X Cab, Long Bed, 2WD, raised driver seat, Work Truck nuthin fancy

Last edited by wa5ngp; 07-31-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 07:03 PM
LHN...We ARE the Joneses

Send a message via Yahoo to Hook'em_Horns! Send a message via Skype™ to Hook'em_Horns!
If you've got some basic plumbing skills, you can assemble your own lift pump kit.
https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/d...-pump-kit.html

Twins....as in two singles hooked in series.
You don't need twins, a single JK pump is fine.

Plus, a single deluxe kit comes with the same mounting plate to add another pump for twins.
That open spot is the perfect place to add an aux FWS filter pre-pump, making your underhood filter the new secondary filter.

2007 LBZ 3500 LT3 DRW Crew Cab, Sulastics, Putnam XDR 15K, B&W 30K-Turnover GN+Companion, Ride-Rite Air...EFI'd by Rob
2008 LMM 3500WT DRW Crew Cab, 8 'Flat/GN, Workforce Alum Toolbox, Ride-Rite Air

Use-ta Haves 2006-6.0 3500 WT DRW ExCab Flatbed, 2005-LLY 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab, 2002-LB7 3500 LS DRW Crew Cab
I Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh shit, he's awake!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode