Cp3 conversion on a 2011 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Aftermarket Mods. Discuss what Mods are right for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Cp3 conversion on a 2011

So I have a 2011 Denali hd and wanting to get the cp3 conversion and got a question after getting it done will I need to re tune? Currently running efi 150hp also looking for someone in the Birmingham Alabama area that can do the conversion for a decent price can’t find many duramax mechanics around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:17 PM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_thomas675 View Post
wanting to get the cp3 conversion and got a question after getting it done will I need to re tune?.... do the conversion for a decent price cant find many duramax mechanics around.
===========================================
the conversion kit I just received (see other threads for details) is specific to "bone stock" Durmax - is set up to mimic the CP4's delivery rate; so NOTHING needs to be done.

What do YOU mean by "decent" price for the installation? My local GM dealer quoted me approx. 10-15 hrs shop time, or about $1,500.

I have a long history with this particular GM shop, so am satisfied both of their integrity and their shop technician's competence.

You may have seen in other "threads" that SOME of these guys are having problems with SOME GM dealers. I have no solution for that.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 07:26 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Pretty much start searching for a diesel shop that deals with performance, most shops work on Ford, Dodge and Dmax.
Let your fingers to the searching, or maybe someone in your general area might chime in.

If you was in Phx, Id know where to send you.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:54 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
So I have a 2011 Denali hd and wanting to get the cp3 conversion and got a question after getting it done will I need to re tune? Currently running efi 150hp also looking for someone in the Birmingham Alabama area that can do the conversion for a decent price cant find many duramax mechanics around.
I seriously doubt youd have to re-tune.
But this would be the perfect ? to ask your tuner.

My guess is you have not had any problems yet, your just getting concerned over one paranoid member that did not even have a problem, but it appears he really gets off on stirring things up, with having absolutely no personal experiences or knowledge and talks more than my wife, never shuts up.

Are you running a liftpump and using a good diesel fuel additive ?
If not ask your tuner if hed suggest having a LP and using a good diesel additive, I already know the answer to both.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Location: we live in a high mountain valley in the hi country of northern arizona
Quote:
…... wanting to get the cp3 conversion and got a question after getting it done will I need to re tune?....
=============================================

My apologies that my earlier post in this thread did not completely answer your question.

I recommend LIMITLESS DIESEL. They are going out of their way to help me get a CP3 conversion kit for my '13 LML. They are a dealer for S & S DIESEL, who advertises that their CP 3 conversion kit is "50 state with pump CARB exempt no tuning required".

Unfortunately, like many mfgs, S & S does not have a provision for direct contact of any kind - they wouldn't even talk to my local GM tech reps.

That's where LIMITLESS comes in - that's who I've ordered my kit from; ( should be here any day now) that's where you can confirm the answer to your question re. tuning. Again, their literature says "no tuning required" .

May I suggest you don't get too annoyed by some of the posts in here; obviously, they feel a need to post even tho they may not even own LML's & thus may not have as much experience or sound advice like, for example, LIMITLESS DIESEL can provide you.

To that end, don't you agree the Internet performs a valuble release for some folks with personal agression problems - provides a release for them; they can post whether or not they have actual knowledge about a question. Makes em feel ruff & tuff & macho. I think that's a good thing - these people sound to me like folks who might otherwise get aggressive or worse ?

2013 3500 long bed crew cab. Purchased at approx. 70,000; now have 81,000, convert to CP3. Otherwise bone stock except for air-shocks in rear, together with one leaf removed from spring pack for softer ride. Well....went over a bumpy road the other day & the bone fell off....

Last edited by 6686L; 08-12-2019 at 01:30 PM. Reason: chocolate pudding
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:52 PM
J83
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
So I have a 2011 Denali hd and wanting to get the cp3 conversion and got a question after getting it done will I need to re tune? Currently running efi 150hp also looking for someone in the Birmingham Alabama area that can do the conversion for a decent price can’t find many duramax mechanics around.

yes and no, yes, the CP3 will require some form of modification either to the truck or the pump to get it to deliver fuel correctly to the LML. Theres 2 types of kits out there, one that uses a standard CP3 and the truck is tuned to address the changes to the pumps fueling rates, or there are kits where the pump itself if modified and no additional external tuning of the truck is required. If your already running EFI live, and your tuner is still tuning, the kits that require truck tuning seems to be a fair bit cheaper.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6L LML
TCM & ECM Tuning by MotorOps
Y Bridge delete with SS up and down pipes
4" MBRP downpipe back exhaust with muffler

Last edited by J83; 08-12-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode