Best fuel additive - Page 9 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Alternative Fuels - Diesel - Additives - Lubricants Discussion of diesel, its various additives, oils, lubricants and alternative fuels IE: Bio-Diesel ect...

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:56 AM

Someone else asked but no answer, has anyone tried Hot shot product? One is their original stiction eliminator which goes in your oil and claims to clean your injectors the other is a fuel additive that claims to clean injector tips etc. good marketing when you go to web site with some interesting testing figures, some kind of patent too I believe, also claims original was developed specifically for big name Diesel engine manufacturer and cured most injector issues without the need of changing injector. What do you think?anyone use product and have real world experience?

2003 Silverado 2500hd 6.6 w/Allison, 4” mbrp turbo back exhaust, autometer boost and EGT gauges, Toyo open country m/t. Bed rug, Bakflip folding bed cover.

Last edited by New2diesel2003; 08-28-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:03 PM

I wouldn't use additives in the oil to clean the fuel injectors... Only fuel additives.

2008 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Z71
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:17 AM
DF Sponsors

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mrmanners
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlowSnow View Post
I wouldn't use additives in the oil to clean the fuel injectors... Only fuel additives.
Totally agree. The last study AMSOIL did showed how their 2 stroke Saber Professional compared to two or three other 2 stroke oils compared to their Diesel Injector Clean. The injector clean showed the least amount of wear compared to all the others meaning it had the most lubrication of the items in the test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 04:47 AM

I hear ya, but, they do address that in their literature and claim they are Not like sea foam type products(solvent based) that are meant to be removed do to increased wear from lubrication breakdown. They claim by using “nano lubricant” that co efficient of friction and wear is lower with product in the oil than oil alone. They were originally commissioned by international Truck and Engine to address warranty issues with Navistar and Powerstroke engines.
please check their web site read their marketing seems interesting to me. Here is short quote from site,”Stiction Eliminator is composed of a safe but effective synthetic cleaner that dissolves the stiction found on oil-wetted components, resulting in a rating of 92% clean in the ASTM D4828 scrub test. A Group V synthetic ester assists in bringing deposits and additives back into solution, reducing friction and lubricating your oil system. Patented carbon nano particles are blended into Stiction Eliminator, filling in microscopic irregularities on the machined surface to provide a smoother surface for the lubricating film to form, which reduces friction and wear. Adding Stiction Eliminator to your engine oil results in a 62% decrease in wear over oil alone as verified by ASTM G-133 Third Party testing. The result is a cleaner, better running and longer lasting engine.”
I have no prior knowledge or tie to this company just seemes interesting and just different enough.

2003 Silverado 2500hd 6.6 w/Allison, 4” mbrp turbo back exhaust, autometer boost and EGT gauges, Toyo open country m/t. Bed rug, Bakflip folding bed cover.
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:41 AM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlowSnow View Post
Oil additives like LUCAS Oil Stabilizer is NOT for cleaning injectors.
————————————————————————
A pure petroleum multi-use oil supplement. Controls noise, heat and wear in manual transmissions and differentials. Number one in the heavy duty and high performance industries.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer is a 100% petroleum product formulated to eliminate dry starts and reduce friction, heat and wear in any type of engine. It allows motor oils a higher degree of lubricity which reduces oil consumption and operating temperatures. Use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in gear oil to stop leaks, reduce operating temperatures and increase the life of the gear oil. Since it is pure petroleum, it can safely blend with all other automotive lubricants, even synthetics, ATF and mineral oil. It keeps old engines alive and new engines new.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:28 AM

Hot shots product is nothing like old Lucas oil stabilizer. At least read their literature before you dismiss it or assume it’s the same as some old petro product meant for totally different use. I wouldn’t put that goop into any lb7 or newer duramax it was great for my old carbureted 350 with questionable rings etc.

post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old Today, 12:42 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

I use LUCAS oil stabilizer even in my newer than LB7, like oiled airfilters you gots to know what your doing.
Never add the amount that LUCAS recommends, you don’t need the amount LUCAS recommends, same as never over-oil your airfilter.
Hot Shots along with a few others are products that I would never use.
Another personal preference.

On the Ford 6.0 15 qt system the LUCAS and bottle suggests one quart to 4 qts oil, which would be 3 qts LUCAS oil 12 qts of oil.
Just a little thick.
If you talk with the actual LUCAS engineer he’ll suggest no more than 1 qt LUCAS with 14 qts of oil.
The 1 quart 4 qt is for warn out motors, which the LUCAS CS don’t know the difference.
Figure from there on what would be a good safe amount.

Dan
2007.5 GMC Sierra 3500 SRW L.B. "BLACK" C.C. 4X4 LMM Z71
DIY stock airbox mod, aFe ProGuard 7, OEM drop-in
EFILive ECM ATP - Heavy Tow Tune with Turbo Brake.
EFILive TCM Duramax Tuner
DHD Cold Side High Flow Intake Pipe
DHD PCV Re-Route
AirDog 4G100

2007 Yukon Denail "BLACK" 6.2 gasser
DIY stock AirBox Mod, K&N, Airaid intake, EFILive TCM only tuning

Last edited by D_R_C; Today at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode