China Tech2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Behind The Garage Door For your garage / shop including tools & equipment

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

China Tech2

Well after a lot of careful consideration and searching the web for places that offered an affordable Tech2, all of which are were based out of Shenzhen China, I decided to bite the bullet and get one. I did searches on here and the 3 other major diesel sites and the results were about even, for and against. However, I did notice that a lot of the "against" comments were very short one line statements without any credible information. I consulted with PayPal, before I jumped in, and they told me that the Chinese businesses were very good to deal with. Also if for some reason I do not receive my order or it is not complete as it was represented to me then PayPal would refund the purchase price. (I'm sure, provided, I send everything back that I got). Now let me say this from the beginning, If I had to make my living by using this tool, I would not hesitate to try and source this from OTC or Bosch (and pay dearly for it) but I am not going to use this tool but a hand full of times and I need to save my money for injectors and tires. When you need it you need it. I already own a Tech1A for my '94 gasser... too bad its OBD1. I bought it used and I've only used it maybe 3 times since I've owned it. I thought about getting one of those programs you can use on your cell phone and the wireless thingy, but by the time I did all that I figured that I would need the real Tech2 to do something else. Anyway I am going to document my experience (good or bad) with this tool and BE THE guniea pig. Why? because I haven't found anyone that has done it (except on a Saab site and he gave his great reviews BTW) on a diesel site.

After narrowing my search to 4 different sites (all of which seemed to resemble each other except for pricing) I decided on China OBD diagnostic online supplier. I was able to get them to chat with me (provided it was daytime over there...15 hour difference) and they did their best to answer my questions. However they are not gearheads and wont know the super specifics. The websites pretty much spell out what the tool is and what is included and what it can do. There are reviews which offer a little help. There is a 1 year warranty BUT YOU are responsible for shipping... and THAT AINT CHEAP. We should all have been in the freight business. I paid with PayPal using the Bill Me Later plan (6 months no interest if paid in full in 6 months) and that went thru without a hitch. I got the SP23-B kit. They are all very similar. Just beware that there are some part numbers out there that are for JUST THE HAND HELD DEVICE ONLY. Those have a very appealing price but you don't get nothing else. I also got the SO01 USB Key and TIS 2000 kit... It allows you to do programming. I am sure that it is for programmable things like calibrating speedos, key fobs and airbag resets ect, not for stuff like an EFI Live would do. FYI the Tech2 was $315 and the USB kit was $22.99. The grand total with freight was $461.99. Yea that's $124 to ship. And that's pretty much what it costs to ship anything over the big pond... either one. Well this all got ordered today 12-23-13 at about 9PM. They say the estimated delivery time is 3-5 days. Well I will take into consideration that it's Christmas time.... but we will see how long it takes. Until then.....

2004 3500 Silverado LS Dually Crew Cab LB7 NP4 Emissions 241,000 miles replaced A/C recirculation door actuator, waxed the whole truck, clay bared the roof, hood and the driver side and they are slick as a gut, replaced injectors. Re-sealed the fuel filter head. Uses a China TECH2.

Last edited by DualThreat; 12-29-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: clarification on programming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 11:35 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Sub'd - really interested to see how this goes for you! Hope it works out well! What an awesome Christmas present lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Ryan

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT CCLB 4x4

Mods: EGR block, EFI LIVE by Rob (DSP5), Edge Insight CTS2 w/ backup cam and EGT probe, Pacer 07.5+ smoked cab lights, M-A Pump rub fix, TransGo Jr w/ Mike L springs, Russell stainless brake lines.

My Build Thread
post #3 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 01:08 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran

Subd, I have been thinking about trying one of the Chinese versions also. Let us know how it works.

2004 lb7 ccsb 4x4. Efi live tuned by Rob at ATP, Built trans by Brad at Calvins Auto, Wehrli custom fab s475/stock twin turbo kit, ARP head studs, tie rod sleeves, cognito idler/pitman arm braces, cognito traction bars, airdog 165, turbo horn, LML driver side manifold, cat fuel filter adapter 1r-0749, installed cab lights and tow mirrors. NBS back seats. 6 inch zone offroad lift lowered down and running 305/55/20, optima red tops, Mbrp 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust.

Soon to come: Built motor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 02:07 AM

And what's a tech2... guess I could have searched it but it would prolly take 10 min to find a post that actually talk about it... thanks

2005 CCSB 2wd LS leveled all stock..... For now
post #5 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 03:10 AM

A tech 2 is a.........eh, nevermind, it'd prob take me 3 minutes to type it out, and I'm lazy. Someone else can do it.
lanced69 likes this.

2006 LBZ CCLB
3" Downpipe
5" Magnaflow straight pipe
Predator tuner
post #6 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 04:59 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoink View Post
And what's a tech2... guess I could have searched it but it would prolly take 10 min to find a post that actually talk about it... thanks

You own a gm vehicle and don't know what a tech 2 is?

05 Dmax/Allison
post #7 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 05:51 AM

Lol. .that was pretty good and I guessi deserve it.... fine search button it is.

2005 CCSB 2wd LS leveled all stock..... For now
post #8 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 06:11 AM
Its just a worktruck

I hope it works for you. Most people I know that ordered them had them die within a few months. They are total rip off garbage.

06 LBZ EC/LB 4x4
Built Motor/Trans • Bullseye s475/87/.9 • 45% Injectors • Stock CP3 • Built and Tuned by Blackout Performance • 11.76 @ 115
post #9 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 06:14 AM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

And also if you try and have bosch fix it, they will throw it in the trash. A tech 2 for $300 should be an instant no brainer as to not go near that thing. Considering there $5k+ new.

05 Dmax/Allison
post #10 of 380 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 AM

a Tech 2 is....
GM Tech-2,Vetronix GM Tech-2 Scanner

What ever in life be your goal.... Keep you eye on the doughnut and not on the hole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode