Anyone use the Autel Maxidas DS708 scantool? - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Behind The Garage Door For your garage / shop including tools & equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Anyone use the Autel Maxidas DS708 scantool?

I do as much of my own work as I can, mainly because it seems the only way to get something fixed correctly is to do it yourself! I'm thinking about getting a DS708 and just wanted to know if anyone has experience with it.

The main vehicle I'm interested in working on is my '07 Classic DMax, WT trim 4x4.

Right Off a few things I need to do:
* relearn the turbo position sensor (PO replaced it but apparently didn't relearn it)
* update the VIN in a different radio I installed (from my s-10) since it went into the Theftlock's locked mode! >
* check the balance rates on my injectors since I'm at 245,000 mi.

If the DS708 has the full function of the TechII (or at least does the above list) I'm planning to get one, I'd just like confirmation from you guys as to what it can really do!

Thanks!

-- Jim

2007 2500HD Classic WT Standard Cab 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 03:40 PM

i own a ds708, have used it for 3 years since they came out, love it, great scanner, its basically 99% a tech 2, i dont know specifically if it will redo the vin in the radio but the other criteria are a yes

here is a screen shot of the data stream (from an 07 lmm actually), its nice because out of specification data is displayed in red
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dcl1.jpg (40.4 KB, 84 views)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 05:32 PM

DIY Experience Via Autel MaxiDAS DS708

here is the DIY Experience to program Nissan Xterra Keys with Autel MaxiDAS DS708, it covers Asian, European and American cars. It delivers more accurate, more stable, more comprehensive, easier and faster diagnosis,providing incredibly high performance with intuitive operation.
Autel MaxiDAS DS708 can test all diesel engine, except heave truck.Right for the first time, workshops and technicians could find an OE-level diagnostic solution designed for the aftermarket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2014, 05:53 PM

for the price you cant beat it. we have one at our shop and use it daily, it is alittle slow to boot up and get into some modules as compared to our tech 2, but for the diy guy I thinks its a great scan tool. updates take forever tho...

2006 lbz cclb dually, white, 4in flo pro, sled deck!
sold--2003 lb7 eclb, auto meter gauges boost/pyro, mbrp 4in, moto metal 951's LT275/65/18, 3500 rear springs.
EFI LIVE by ATP TRUCKS!
In the garage:
2006 all american sport 281fb toyhauler
2005 trx450r mx quad
1996 starcraft 2212 cuddy, 5.7l
2001 kawasaki zx6r
2007 ski doo mxzx 600sdi, 2012 arctic cat f800
2002 honda foreman 450es built for mud!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 03:52 AM

Just looked up its price... Think I would stick to my mdi.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 01:13 AM

Autel Coding Scanner Maxidas DS808(Advanced Version of DS708) Automotive OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tool with Key Coding and Multi-language System (Same Function as MS906) Based on the Android system, MaxiDAS DS808 is featured with an extensive coverage of OE-level diagnostics. Installed with a fast quad-core processor, DS808 offers maximum convenience and efficiency for your diagnosis and analysis. The intuitive user interface makes using the device effortless through a 7-inch LCD touch screen that display at 1024X600 quality.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:26 PM

I own a DS708 and can't seem to get it to show the balance rates. Can someone tell me the exact steps from start to finish on this Maxidas DS708 to get it to show me the balance rates ? Or do you think I'll need updated software ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« China Tech2 | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode