High egts????!!!! - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Build Threads Post Your Build Threads & Progress!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

High egts????!!!!

I got my first Duramax about a year ago, 2006 lbz one ton dually crew long bed. bone stock one owner 115000 miles on the clock..... Did a fass 165 lift pump, pcv reroute kit, 3" down pipe, 4" straight pipe exaust, edge cts˛ programmer/monitor with egt probe...... Hit a deer and the insurance "fixed" it.....had high egts 900-1000 range just normal driving for couple months afterwards. Put a banks intercooler in and that helped lower egts 100-150 degrees but still 800-950 driving normal.....my question is could driving around with the Chinese chicken aftermarket intercooler that's inefficient causing high egts cause my injectors to go bad????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:19 PM

How can a banks "Chinese chicken aftermarket intercooler" be inefficient when it dropped your EGTs by 100-150. I agree your temps are high but the banks aint the issue since they were higher before you put the intercooler on. Hell for 100-150 degree job i"m considering one now

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

The insurance put a cheap intercooler in and I had egts up at 1000 + untill I out the banks in and that helped lower them but they're still up there compared to what I heard they should be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

I gotta say I love the banks intercooler with the hot side pipe. Better throttle response, sounds a little different, and have lowered egts but my fear is so.e thing else is going on with the truck. Never had high egts before I hit the dear.....now it seems to be a battle I'm fighting
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:38 PM

What else was replaced from the accident?

2016 LML Denali 2500
Reverse level with Mcgaughy's 2" drop shackle
Bilstein 5100 all-around
22x10 American Force Flux black w machined
Wehrli S300 kit w/ 66mm SXE
Wehrli CP3 conversion 10mm stroker
Profab Manifold & Up-pipes
Stock Trans For Now
Stock Sticks For Now
Air Dog 165 4G
Off-road Only
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Transmission cooler, AC condenser, intercooler was all replaced by body shop. My diesel guy and me Put the banks in about a week ago which helped lower egts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:39 AM
Duramax Forum Supporter

High EGTs can be caused by something creating an extra drag, like brakes dragging, alignment issues etc. Have you noticed a drop in fuel economy? Were any suspension/steering components replaced? Anything done to the exhaust? Any noticeable changes in ECT since it was repaired? Might be some stuff to look at....

2004.5 GMC SLT 4X4 CCLB LLY Ally, some mystery stuff, trans by Mike L, Magnaflow DP, Ride Rites, LBZ turbo inlet mod, AD II 165, po' man CAI, HIDs, stock height, Cognito tie rods, Bilstein 5100s, Isspros, H2 wheels with Toyo OC 285-70-17s, B&W turnover & Companion, Prodigy P3, dog snot on windows......

Sent from my antique HP DV7-4183cl with Radeon HD5470 graphics, Beats Audio and Blu-ray drive.....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Just did the brakes, and replaced the front hub bearings with kryptonite. Have plans for kryptonite upper control arms and leveling keys been sitting in my garage for months but gotta figure out my egts first.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm just about at wit's end trying to figure this out need some help from some people who've been around the LBZ for a whileI don't want to just randomly throw parts at the problem trying to correct it
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

So...... But the bullet and an throwing random parts at the lbz, injectors are being rebuilt and an egr delete kit is going in. Guess we'll have to see what happens...... Wish I could have gotten more insight from those of you who have had these trucks for awhile and know what your doing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode