2015 GMC 2500HD Denali - Cognito Lift on 37's with 1st 2015 GMC Grille to Market - Page 7 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Build Threads Post Your Build Threads & Progress!

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life View Post
Shai, sick truck bro! It looks clean! I just sent you a message but in case you didn't get it... in answer to your question, I actually ended up doing the delete myself. I ordered all of my parts from alligator performance. I ordered the exhaust, the cold air intake, the egr blocker plates, and the ppei tuner with tunes by kory. I spent a day removing the old exhaust and replacing it with the new, installing the plates and cold air and adding the tune. Honestly the blocker plates were the hardest part of the entire thing. Buy some 1" rubber shrink tubing on ebay or amazon so when you remove the exhaust the remaining connections you can safely protect in case you ever needed to reinstall the factory exhaust and just want a clean removal. I was able to find some videos on youtube that helped out a ton showing how the blocker plates go in. It's seriously been the best thing I've
done to the truck.

Good luck bro. You won't regret it.
Thank you Island Life.

I guess I'll have to spend a day under the truck.
Start working on the order and will have fun under the truck.
If you have any links to order the parts I'll appreciate it.

Again thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai GMC View Post
Thank you Island Life.

I guess I'll have to spend a day under the truck.
Start working on the order and will have fun under the truck.
If you have any links to order the parts I'll appreciate it.

Again thank you.
I would call up to Alligator Performance. They have packages you can put together and I got 10% off my entire order, they usually have some sort of deal going on. Just give them the make model year of truck and they can add in everything you want. What you'll have to decide is what type of power you want to get out of your truck...

For example do you plan on doing any turbo or engine mods in the near future? If so you might want to replace the downpipe from the turbo when you install the exhaust. I DID NOT replace the downpipe because I wasn't and haven't done any engine or turbo mods. I'll include exactly what I ordered from Alligator Performance (I found they had the best deal when all packaged together):

-Downpipe Back 5" Exhaust with Muffler (you can remove muffler for louder exhaust if you want)
-Cold Air Intake (injen) (lots of options here, I chose injens design)
-EGR Blocker Plates (again unless you are doing future engine or turbo mods the blocker plates for $11 work just fine)
-PPEI Tuner with Tunes by Kory (They have some awesome options now with an "on the fly" switch so you can easily switch between tunes, I also would recommend the transmission tune they offer now for our Allison transmissions. Not much more cost and worth it!)

What I haven't installed yet and if you want it to be complete then also purchase:

A Tuner- Like the Edge CTS2 or Bullydog (gives you better readouts and allows you to change tmps settings etc)
A Lift Pump Fass or Air Dog- Can't use the "hottest" tune until you install a lift pump, just good to have installed with any delete for reliability and longevity

Alligator Performance has custom packages on their website with all of those items packaged together at a discount and you can usually find a coupon online somewhere also or mention you are a member of this forum and they may just offer a further discount.

Make sure to post your progress for others to have access to. If you need, PM me your email address and I can send you over some photos of how I used the shrink tubing to tuck away the connections and a few other photos of the delete. I just saw that photobucket removed all of my photos I linked to my post showing what I did to delete my truck. Photobucket told me if I pay $399.99 I can re-link all my photos back up... That's some BULL$%!# if you ask me...!

Anyways, good luck Shai! You will have a whole new truck... seriously!

***2015 GMC 2500HD DENALI, AMP POWER STEPS, Cognito 9" Lift w Uni-Ball Upper Control Arms, Deaver Rear Leaf Springs, ICON 2.5 Front & 2.5 Adjustable Rear Shocks, LED Tail Lights, 20x10 Fuel Krank, 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT, Rigid Custom Grille w 30" Rigid RDS Light Bar
***2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel, 22" KMC Wheels
***1969 Chevelle, Hotchkis Suspension, LSA Supercharged Engine, Budnik Wheels, Custom Interior
***Totaled - 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 4" Teraflex Long Arm Lift on 37/13.50/20. Rigid Light Bar, Custom Sound System and Alarm.
post #63 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 12:40 PM

Garage
I don't think I'll touch the turbo, But will install the lift pump.
I think that this is bull$%!# to ask for money to put the pics on the web.
We put our pics to help the others.

Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

Here are a few of the photos of my removal and installation of the new 5" exhaust. You will see an extremely unsettling amount of wiring and connections and choke points in the exhaust system. I included a few photos of how I used shrink rubber tubing to keep the connections neat and tucked out of the way. I plan on changing my address up to Prescott AZ where they don't require emissions so I don't know that I will ever need my exhaust but just in case I kept the DEF tank on and all the connections are in good shape to be reconnected up. I can't believe they think that is "better" for the truck and the environment to have all that congestion. My truck runs so much better now and much better gas mileage than before.

Here is a link to the youtube video that helped me install the EGR blocker plates. There are a bunch more online now. https://youtu.be/c5qwHP6SNo4

The air intake should come with good instructions and the tuner has step by step instructions also that are pretty easy.
Attached Images

***2015 GMC 2500HD DENALI, AMP POWER STEPS, Cognito 9" Lift w Uni-Ball Upper Control Arms, Deaver Rear Leaf Springs, ICON 2.5 Front & 2.5 Adjustable Rear Shocks, LED Tail Lights, 20x10 Fuel Krank, 37x13.50x20 Toyo MT, Rigid Custom Grille w 30" Rigid RDS Light Bar
***1969 Chevelle, Hotchkis Suspension, LSA Supercharged Engine, Budnik Wheels, Custom Interior
***Totaled - 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with 4" Teraflex Long Arm Lift on 37/13.50/20. Rigid Light Bar, Custom Sound System and Alarm.
post #65 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

A few more
Attached Images

post #66 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum n00b

I did have to use the electric sawzall on one piece of the exhaust right between the CAT and the downpipe. You can see it in the photo above that shows the removed factory exhaust. With my lift and what not I just couldn't get the angle to remove it without cutting or removing some of the suspension components. Wasn't worth it in my mind.

Also, I ended up buying a shorter exhaust tip. I bought an 18" at first and it stuck out too much for my liking. I returned it and bought a 12" long by 6" wide tip. I had to cut the 5" exhaust end just a bit so it fit nicely. Here are a few photos of the before and after result.

Here is a link for the one I bought on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

post #67 of 67 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 09:33 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life View Post
I did have to use the electric sawzall on one piece of the exhaust right between the CAT and the downpipe. You can see it in the photo above that shows the removed factory exhaust. With my lift and what not I just couldn't get the angle to remove it without cutting or removing some of the suspension components. Wasn't worth it in my mind.

Also, I ended up buying a shorter exhaust tip. I bought an 18" at first and it stuck out too much for my liking. I returned it and bought a 12" long by 6" wide tip. I had to cut the 5" exhaust end just a bit so it fit nicely. Here are a few photos of the before and after result.

Here is a link for the one I bought on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What’s new man anything? Did you end up lowering the lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 GMC Denali HD CCSB L5P/10L1000 Allison 4x4
SOLD2016 Sierra 3500HD Denali CCSB SRW
UDP Tunes on V2/SOTF Switch/Danville 63.5 Billet-S480FMW Billet Twins by WCFab(Illusion Blue)/Exergy 100% Injectors/Exergy 12MM CP3/Banks Intercooler/HSP Billet Manifolds/PPE Up Pipes/PPE Oil Pan/PPE Deep Trans Pan/AirDog 165 II-4G/FloPro 5" SS Turbo Back/MBRP 6" SS Tip/CTS2 Insight/EDGE EGT Probe/EDGE 0-100 Boost Sensor/Cognito 4-6/Cognito Front Driveline/Cognito Swaybar/Cognito PISK/PPE Tie Rods/King 2.5 Resis/Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Bags/Air Lift Wireless One Compressor/Wilwood TX6R Brakes Front and Back/LT325/60R20 BFG KO2s/20x9 Method 309s/AMP Steps/Yukon 4.11s/Royalty Core RC1/Retrax Powertrax Pro MX/Titan STAFS 30 Gallon/JL C5s/JL 12TW3-D4/JL VX600/6i/JL XD300/1V2
Mike L Trans (Goerend R/Alto G3s/RatioTek)

SOLD2015.5 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali CCSB
SOLD2007.5 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT CCSB SDP Twins/Mike L Trans/ATP Tunes

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode