1TRIKHD Victory Red CCLB - Page 6293 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Build Threads Post Your Build Threads & Progress!

42055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #62921 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:56 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TRIKHD View Post
Whats up Austin good to hear from ya brother! How you doing man?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Whats up Austin good to hear from ya brother! How you doing man?

All is well brother. I'll bring ya up to speed . Buckle up. 😁

Been busy working on getting the truck back up and running again. The truck sat for about a year and a half after the head gaskets and flexplate gave up the ghost around the same time. I guess neither liked raising hell. I got a Suncoast billet flexplate and ARP bolts in there now so that should be good to go. I moved on to do the head gaskets and got those done reasonably quick but found out that the truck was mixing water and oil after I started it up. Ran great otherwise offfffff course. So I found a used engine about 2 hours from me for $2,000 that had the head gaskets and studs and a bunch of other stuff done to it already. Guy did a bunch of work refreshing it and got sideswiped 8K miles later so I jumped on that. The guy sold me the transfer case for $200 bucks also so win win. About a week later I got the engine in and it runs great and everything was working good up until today. My transfer case gave up the ghost making 50psi choo choo noises earlier.. lol. So I jumped on here to look up fluid specs for the transfer case for what people are running now a days. It's been a busy two months for me to say the least. Did head gaskets then turned around and replaced the engine I just did head gaskets on.. lol.

My ol ass is tired..

2005 LLY CCSB LT2 4X4
Driven by Austin
ECM Tuned by Kory @PPEI
TCM tuned by Dustin @DA

Performance: Bullseye Power S468_83_.90/ Profab WG Pedestal/AFE 3" Intercooler Tubes hot&cold/ 3" Custom Y Bridge/ 4" Custom Downpipe/ Custom 5" LBZ S&B Intake/ Exergy Sportsman CP3/ Suncoast Gmax-5/ Precision Converter/ RDP Manifolds/Uppipes/ AirDogII 165 w/ CAT filter/RDP Sump/ 5" Diamond Eye Straight Pipe/ PPEI EFI tuning with DSP-5/ TCM tuned by [email protected]

Appearance: 20x9 +18MM XD Hoss/ 305/50/20 Nitto 420S/ 2" Rear Spacers/ TBSS Steering Wheel Swap/ Factory Touchscreen Navigation Swap/ 2 MTX 10" Subs/LED lows&fogs/ Recon LED tails/ Kool-Vue Tow Mirrors/ Reflexxion Cowl Hood/Color matched grill

Supporting: DMAXStore Kryptonite Engine Mounts/ DA Transfer Case Brace/Pump Rub/ Dirty Hooker Steering Brace/ DHD Hybrid Water Pump/ 3" Drop Shackles/ Belltech Shocks/ Autometer Cobalts EGT&Boost/Edge CTS/ Rare Parts Extreme Tie Rods/ PCV Re-routed/ FPRV Shimmed/Red Head Steering Gearbox/ Tailgate EZ-Down/ 12K Badlands Winch (removable)

280K+ Miles of Smiles

On My:
2nd engine
3rd trans
2nd transfer case

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62922 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:15 PM
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesmoke View Post
All is well brother. I'll bring ya up to speed . Buckle up. 😁

Been busy working on getting the truck back up and running again. The truck sat for about a year and a half after the head gaskets and flexplate gave up the ghost around the same time. I guess neither liked raising hell. I got a Suncoast billet flexplate and ARP bolts in there now so that should be good to go. I moved on to do the head gaskets and got those done reasonably quick but found out that the truck was mixing water and oil after I started it up. Ran great otherwise offfffff course. So I found a used engine about 2 hours from me for $2,000 that had the head gaskets and studs and a bunch of other stuff done to it already. Guy did a bunch of work refreshing it and got sideswiped 8K miles later so I jumped on that. The guy sold me the transfer case for $200 bucks also so win win. About a week later I got the engine in and it runs great and everything was working good up until today. My transfer case gave up the ghost making 50psi choo choo noises earlier.. lol. So I jumped on here to look up fluid specs for the transfer case for what people are running now a days. It's been a busy two months for me to say the least. Did head gaskets then turned around and replaced the engine I just did head gaskets on.. lol.

My ol ass is tired..
That’s a lot in a little amount of time.

What are you going to do with the old engine?

Joe
2008 CCLB LMM
13.39 @ 99.44 W/ 1.76 60’
456 HP 925 TQ

2003 RCLB LB7 “UNDER CONSTRUCTION”
The life of my truck
Pics of my truck
post #62923 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:32 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic

What's up Austin glad to see ya back. I was wondering what happened to the original engine when I saw your sig

Race/Pulling truck:2012 Cummins/Built 6.8L/Big air/Big fuel/48RE Swap/PCS 2000/B&M Gated shifter
Playing eye spy for another duramax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62924 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
All is well brother. I'll bring ya up to speed . Buckle up.

My ol ass is tired..
Sounds like a pretty good Merry go round. Still have the big single on there?

2006 Victory Red CCLB LT3 LBZ
Tuned by Blake Crenshaw
SDP Fully Built Trans w/ Billet Goerend G Converter
S472 SX-E.87/1.0ar sitting on a Wagler street intake W/ a twisted pedestal
Stock Sticks
Special thanks to Scott with Screaming Diesel Performance
Blake with Unleashed Duramax tuning
post #62925 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:55 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutzjk913 View Post
That’s a lot in a little amount of time.

What are you going to do with the old engine?
It's alot of work no matter how you cut it. I can feel the artiritis in my knees already at 29.. I think.. haha

Welllll the old engine is going to get torn down likely. The block froze from only having water in it do to the head gaskets. I even went out there and drained the radiator the night before it got cold to get the water out but I completely forgot that the thermostats won't let water out of the block.. FML.. Going to pull and check the oil cooler first. I had alot of work into it making you look good painted everything, redid the wire harness wrapping, and even did Hamilton valvesprings and retainers to it I didn't have time to move to the new engine... It sucks.

2005 LLY CCSB LT2 4X4
Driven by Austin
ECM Tuned by Kory @PPEI
TCM tuned by Dustin @DA

Performance: Bullseye Power S468_83_.90/ Profab WG Pedestal/AFE 3" Intercooler Tubes hot&cold/ 3" Custom Y Bridge/ 4" Custom Downpipe/ Custom 5" LBZ S&B Intake/ Exergy Sportsman CP3/ Suncoast Gmax-5/ Precision Converter/ RDP Manifolds/Uppipes/ AirDogII 165 w/ CAT filter/RDP Sump/ 5" Diamond Eye Straight Pipe/ PPEI EFI tuning with DSP-5/ TCM tuned by [email protected]

Appearance: 20x9 +18MM XD Hoss/ 305/50/20 Nitto 420S/ 2" Rear Spacers/ TBSS Steering Wheel Swap/ Factory Touchscreen Navigation Swap/ 2 MTX 10" Subs/LED lows&fogs/ Recon LED tails/ Kool-Vue Tow Mirrors/ Reflexxion Cowl Hood/Color matched grill

Supporting: DMAXStore Kryptonite Engine Mounts/ DA Transfer Case Brace/Pump Rub/ Dirty Hooker Steering Brace/ DHD Hybrid Water Pump/ 3" Drop Shackles/ Belltech Shocks/ Autometer Cobalts EGT&Boost/Edge CTS/ Rare Parts Extreme Tie Rods/ PCV Re-routed/ FPRV Shimmed/Red Head Steering Gearbox/ Tailgate EZ-Down/ 12K Badlands Winch (removable)

280K+ Miles of Smiles

On My:
2nd engine
3rd trans
2nd transfer case

post #62926 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 06:58 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGorillaLML View Post
What's up Austin glad to see ya back. I was wondering what happened to the original engine when I saw your sig
Yeah man I'm going to try and be a little more active on here again. A divorce and a broken truck is hell on a man haha. The old engine froze and was mixing oil/coolant.. something, somewhere, is broken unfortunately. rather than spending a bunch of time trying to diagnose what's broken I just threw another engine in it to get it going. I was tired of seeing it sit. Plus, well I miss the old girl.

2005 LLY CCSB LT2 4X4
Driven by Austin
ECM Tuned by Kory @PPEI
TCM tuned by Dustin @DA

280K+ Miles of Smiles

On My:
2nd engine
3rd trans
2nd transfer case

post #62927 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:00 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Sounds like a pretty good Merry go round. Still have the big single on there?

Yeah man. The last few months has been a hell of a ride. I'm ready for a damn vacation or something haha.

Yeah I transferred everything off of the old engine onto the new one and modified it to be the same. The only thing I added were Rudy's manifolds and up pipes because I regretted not doing them when I did the big single. she sounds so damn good now and pulls like a freight train.
1TRIKHD, DirtEmax-USMC and M.A.M. like this.

2005 LLY CCSB LT2 4X4
Driven by Austin
ECM Tuned by Kory @PPEI
TCM tuned by Dustin @DA

280K+ Miles of Smiles

On My:
2nd engine
3rd trans
2nd transfer case

post #62928 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Guru

Quote:
Yeah man. The last few months has been a hell of a ride. I'm ready for a damn vacation or something haha.

Yeah I transferred everything off of the old engine onto the new one and modified it to be the same. The only thing I added were Rudy's manifolds and up pipes because I regretted not doing them when I did the big single. she sounds so damn good now and pulls like a freight train.
Yeah I love how that big single pulls going down the track

2006 Victory Red CCLB LT3 LBZ
Tuned by Blake Crenshaw
SDP Fully Built Trans w/ Billet Goerend G Converter
S472 SX-E.87/1.0ar sitting on a Wagler street intake W/ a twisted pedestal
Stock Sticks
Special thanks to Scott with Screaming Diesel Performance
Blake with Unleashed Duramax tuning
post #62929 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:10 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I love how that big single pulls going down the track

Absolutely. I highly doubt I'll ever go any other route. It's so fun to drive and always makes me smile.
1TRIKHD likes this.

2005 LLY CCSB LT2 4X4
Driven by Austin
ECM Tuned by Kory @PPEI
TCM tuned by Dustin @DA

280K+ Miles of Smiles

On My:
2nd engine
3rd trans
2nd transfer case

post #62930 of 68008 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:32 PM
DuramaxForum Enthusiast

Do the up pipes and manifolds make that big of a sound difference? How’s the Rudy’s manifolds and up pipes?

08 CCSB LMM - HSP s369sxe, s&s 10mm cp3, built trans with 1058, Danville tuned. SOLD

18 CCSB Z71 LTZ 1500 - 6.2, 8 speed trans, s&b intake, elite engineering e2x ultra catch can SOLD

16 CCSB Z71 LTZ 2500 - SDP cp3 conversion, exergy sportsman, SDP y bridge intake and intercooler pipes, FASS titanium 165, 5” jamo straight pipe, UDP tuned

12.97 @ 103.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode