Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

ALABAMA LBZ Build

83K views 502 replies 31 participants last post by  BAMAWHISTLER 
#1 ·
Gonna start with some pics of The HD as I found her. In 2012 bone stock with 37xxx miles Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

See less See more
Reactions: dmaxuser
#2 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Chevrolet

Sorry if any of the pics I post don't show up or if there sideways.... (or upside down)

#3 ·
So the back story is....I've had diesels and gassers, diesel is awesome, decided to look for a OBS 2500 and found this gem at a Toyota dealership in Daphne AL nearly 5hr from where I live. Had everything I wanted and more. 2wd because it's simpler. Besides I have 4x4 wheelers to go play with, and weather here in Bama is (usually not too bad). Low low miles, two owners, good carfax, straight body. It booked like 31grand. They were asking 25grand. I got it for 24,500. So for a lbz lt2 I felt I did pretty good:thumb

#5 ·
I work at Bevill state community college, and O'Reilly auto, get great discount on auto stuff:neener since I'm always messing with something it's cool. Got a great wife and two awesome daughters I'm proud of.
Snow Winter Playing in the snow People Child

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive tail & brake light

Reactions: 1TRIKHD
#7 ·
I am open to suggestions as to what I need to spend money and time on..... I love the forum and learn stuff all the time from what others are doing and have done. My grandpa built GM vehicles, my late dad was the BEST mechanic ever.....period. and I am proud to be an American:thumb. I also appreciate all the people serving us everyday putting their lives on the line day in and out. Law enforcement. Firefighters, first responders, military! And of course our women that put up with our shah nah nah gens, like spending way too much on that truck and than 4wheeler and etc! And God blessed America, and everyone else. Thank Him!

Reactions: johncoctostan
#8 ·
I have done a lot already. But am going to try to start at the beginning and post as many pics as I can when I can Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

#9 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Car seat Car seat cover

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Bone stock no tuna, factory exhaust, no goose or 5th wheel, still egr and all

Reactions: DaJokr
#10 ·
Of course I had dreams of a tuned deleted stacked (yeah I know, like them or not,) loud dual exhaust truck. So I began to buy stuff....ppe standard. Sinister egr delete, mbrp downpipe. Mbrp 4" stack kit, 6" by 4' bullhaulers from black cloud diesel,,.....

#12 ·
Land vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
But first I had to get some chrome!!!

#13 ·
Vehicle Car Vehicle door Door handle Luxury vehicle

Had to do the door handles and tailgate...had too. Ebay for cheap If I remember right:rof

#14 ·
Nature All-terrain vehicle Wilderness Off-roading Natural environment

Gonna try to be chronological, but I do get random a lot N real life, here's my wheelers

#15 ·
Did the ppe airbox mod from some online instructions. Free labor (me) and no new material to buy, cool!. This forum and Google are awesome!!! YouTube can be helpful too not just for entertainment sometimes:rofl:rof
Also most of the vendors we deal with are cool to email or call and ask questions. Too many times we mess up by not contacting someone

#16 ·
Did the mirror covers chrome too:thumb
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

#17 ·
Filter

Changed the fuel filter for the first time with a parker raccor
Don't take anyone's word for it that they changed the fuel filter!:thumb

#18 ·
This is what the parker raccor filter looked like after a regular service interval.... Auto part Electric motor Technology Electronic device

#19 ·
I'm guessing the first fuel filter I pulled off and cut open might have been the second filter the truck had ever saw.... I hope it wasn't original, injector rates checked out ok:neener

#20 ·
Installed a backglass graphic. (Always wanted to do one). Be ready to have some help. One person install not recommended Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

#21 ·
Had to color match the bowtie:rolleyes:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Ah...better now!

#22 ·
Forgot to mention I had to delete the bug deflector off the hood and the door window rain guards. Fishing line can help cut through the 3M adhesive to get the plastic ventshades off. But my gosh I don't care what you use, rubber eraser wheel, gas, brake clean, goo gone, adhesive remover, it's gonna take A LOT OF effort to get all the adhesive off. And then I use rubbing compound, polish, and wax afterwards

#24 ·
Decided to get rid of the resonator just to clean up the engine bay

#25 ·
And wanted to do the PCV re route. Did it the cheap way like most, hardware store stuff for a few bucks. Spent the most on heater hose to run to the back of the truck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.