Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

The Dude's 600hp build

80K views 884 replies 39 participants last post by  SoCalMike 
#1 ·
I'm starting moving on finishing the truck up and it looks as though I'll have the money to complete it on the next few months. So I'm going to use this to organize things and get help for specifics along the way.
Here it is when I got it

See less See more
#2 ·
First up was 18" Monsters and Recon Headlights

#3 ·
Took off the stickers and pin striping
Installed a Kenwood screen, Edge CS Race and MBRP Exhaust with all the deletes

#4 · (Edited)
A couple of interior upgrades including a passenger seat warmer
And that got me thinking about tail.... lights... so I did the Anzo LED tail lights

I used Night Shades on the third brake light. I want to hit it with the polisher one more time though

#5 ·
I need to finish the install and clean up the wires and such. I added Kicker CS65 6.5" speakers in all four doors powered by a JL AUDIO 400/4. Then I did one 8w3v3 powered by a 250/1 JL Audio mono amp.
Along the way I got the nylon center console clip to replace the crappie plastic factory one that always breaks.

#6 ·
I have Monday and Tuesday off, but Monday is slam packed and it's my wife's birthday so I won't be getting anything done. Hopefully Tuesday I can get the stereo straightened out. Also I'm removing the side steps. I plan on cleaning them up and coating them in POR15 and then some black Krylon fusion. I may put them back on and I may not. I'm also removing the molding and emblems. Hopefully the paint under the moldings is in good shape. Then I'm going to wash and polish the doors.
After that I'm probably going to do the front grille in plasti dip and eventually replace it with a black mesh grille.

#7 · (Edited)
After that I'm going to do a pillar pod with Autometer ES gauges and mount the Edge in the bottom cut out.
As soon as I get my settlement I'm doing a built trans and Danville 68mm turbo along with EFI Live and selling the Edge.

#8 ·

This is not my truck, but this is where I'm headed with it.

#9 · (Edited)
Love the truck man!! But more pics of the patrol car please haha

Also Subbed!

Reactions: The Dude1
#13 ·
I had a video in my C6 of him behind me going over one of the long bridges. By the time I got to the end you couldn't see him. The Taurus is nice and has a back up camera, but the trunks are way to small to get all your gear in there. Especially SWAT gear...

#11 ·
I think your passenger seat warmer is one of the best mods thus far :thumb

Sent from rapid typo device

#12 ·
Sweet looking Rig dude!!

#15 ·

And here is where my dash is splitting apart in 2 places. My buddy said he can get a new panel.and install it for $300 so now I've got that on the list... awesome ... $300 for something GM should warranty

#17 ·
Definitely sub'd to see how this turns out. Truck looks great.

gonna slit my wrists and jump in the ocean if my LML does it :rofl
:rofl best thing I've read on here in a while.
A rather large drunk friend cracked the panel under my glove box while "attempting" to get in my truck. He will be the one replacing it when I get around to it:rofl

#23 ·
Nice rig you got there Dude 1!!

#24 ·
Subd for sure

#27 ·

And a pic of my truck in front of my wife's

What do you guys think about doing a 6" exhaust tip tucked under there?

#29 ·

What do you guys think about doing a 6" exhaust tip tucked under there?
I think it would look killer and clean the back up a bit :thumb

#30 ·
Picked up some plasti dip, 3M adhesive remover, socket extensions, and glossifier today along with another set of RCA cables. I'm going to get started Monday morning taking off the step bars and all the moldings. Then im going to plasti dip the grille and hit it with a couple coats of glossifier. The truck is going to look totally different

#32 ·
It has a 4" exhaust exiting behind the passenger rear tire, but it's just aluminized pipe. I'm wondering if I should leave it as is where you can barely notice it or blind it up wit a nice 6" MBRP tip tucked a little further back, but still behind the rear wheel

#33 ·
Photobucket is down, but I got alot done today and I'm extremely pleased with the outcome. I took off the step bars, took off the emblems, and took off all the side moldings. It was alot of work. I also plasti dipped the grill and that little chrome strip on the hood. I love it. Its screaming for 600hp...
Ill get pics up as soon as Photobucket is back up

#34 ·
Trucks look good man. axle dump always looks good. but i think you need some different parts besides plasti dip to support 600 hp :poke[1]:

#35 · (Edited)
Lol... that was hilarious.... even my wife was cracking up over that...
I think I'm slowly wearing her down. I should have the trans funds by the end of the year.

#38 ·
Hers is an LML... she can't have anything less than brand new with leather and 20's... and then she also wants the same mods
Well... she won't be getting a built trans and 68mm Danville turbo...

#37 · (Edited)

#39 ·
looks clean man. if you throw a 68mm on it id stick some head studs in it too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.