Matt's 2015 engine rebuild/upgrade - Page 429 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Build Threads Post Your Build Threads & Progress!

 3042Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #4281 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Junior Member
 
07Dmaxx93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 225
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowclub173 View Post
Still have the one from my lmm. Left it in the old axle when I grenaded a wheel bearing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007.5 CCSB LMM
EFI live ECM Tuning by PPEI
S369SXE by WCFab
Fass 150GPH
XDP Sump



Instagram: 07Dmaxx
07Dmaxx93 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4282 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:57 PM
DuramaxForum Guru
 
1TRIKHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Where Loggers do it better in the Woods. PNW Son!
Posts: 17,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowclub173 View Post
Damn Iíd have sold ya a trutrac cheap had i known. lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2006 Victory Red CCLB LT3 LBZ
Tuned by Blake Crenshaw
SDP Fully Built Trans w/ Billet Goerend G Converter
S472 SX-E.87/1.0ar sitting on a Wagler street intake W/ a twisted pedestal
Stock Sticks
Special thanks to Scott with Screaming Diesel Performance
Blake with Unleashed Duramax tuning
1TRIKHD is offline  
post #4283 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
 
M.A.M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Millersburg, OH
Posts: 8,346
Garage
looks like youíve got all kinds of takers. Wouldíve loved to take it off your hands tho...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kowclub173 and toxic like this.

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
M.A.M. is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4284 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:00 PM
DuramaxForum Fanatic
 
kowclub173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Richmond, IL
Posts: 5,173
Iíd sell it for $500. Doubt there was any metal contamination issue since truck didnít go far once wheel bearing let go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08 Sierra Dually
---Hot shot rig---
400K miles 06/29/17
New motor at 138K
Deletes, CTS2, EFI by Idaho Rob,Wherli 3" y bridge, Danville GT3794, billet converter, 4.44 gears, trutrac
kowclub173 is online now  
post #4285 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:49 PM
Finally! Wheels on!
 
TexasRedNeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,477
That reminds me I have a new grizzly locker I still have to install in the LB7...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
M.A.M. likes this.

The Bus
Looking for OBS interior parts: Graphite color code. (1999-2004 IIRC) Door panels for sure, but let me know what you have

RedNeck Dually Build Thread
Dually Club Member #191
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERWATCH_09 View Post
The perfect storm of incompetence....Nothing more dangerous than a redneck with money.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose2448 View Post
It's really complicated sounding, but it's easier than giving a fat girl a bucket of ice cream.
TexasRedNeck is offline  
post #4286 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
 
M.A.M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Millersburg, OH
Posts: 8,346
Garage
Well, I either need an intervention, or I need to find another project so I quit messing with the truck.

Picked up a set of heads at Blakes yesterday, to send out to SoCal Diesel. Gonna get them to turn them into their Stage 1 heads. I need to swap out my 425 head studs for 625s, figured I might as well take advantage of the opportunity and do heads right away too. Iíve been told numerous times that with the amount of boost my turbos are pushing, itís just a matter of time until the heads lift. Called Wagler and asked about their street intake for a VGT turbo set up, but that wonít work unfortunately. Itís designed to work with a WCFab piping kit, which includes a spacer that needs to be installed underneath the turbo. That would mean none of the exhaust or intake piping I currently have would work, so I scrapped that idea.

I really, really want to get one of SoCalís stroker engines eventually. So my thought process is That Iíll put the SoCal heads on right now, that way whenever I get a hold of a stroker engine Iíll swap the SoCal heads back onto it, and the heads I have right now Iíll put back onto my current engine, and pretty much have a complete engine to swap into a project.


Iíll probably start watching for used parts, and start gathering stuff I need like block, ARP fasteners, billet parts, etc. Iíd like to buy everything other than the stroker rotating assembly used, and assemble it next year sometime.

Im sick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--
M.A.M. is online now  
post #4287 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:42 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran
 
drranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DeGraff, OH
Posts: 1,996
I don't feel that an intervention would be successful, so you may as well just lean into another project....

~Tony~

2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB LBZ - 6" RCX - XD Hoss - MBRP downpipe and exhaust w/ muffler - EFI Live DSP5 - Blocked - Cobra 29NWSTWX - Wilson 5000 - Custom fab headache rack - Custom Traction bars - Braced - Sleeved - [email protected]
drranch is offline  
post #4288 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:49 AM
Junior Member
 
07Dmaxx93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 225
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.M. View Post
Well, I either need an intervention, or I need to find another project so I quit messing with the truck.

Picked up a set of heads at Blakes yesterday, to send out to SoCal Diesel. Gonna get them to turn them into their Stage 1 heads. I need to swap out my 425 head studs for 625s, figured I might as well take advantage of the opportunity and do heads right away too. Iíve been told numerous times that with the amount of boost my turbos are pushing, itís just a matter of time until the heads lift. Called Wagler and asked about their street intake for a VGT turbo set up, but that wonít work unfortunately. Itís designed to work with a WCFab piping kit, which includes a spacer that needs to be installed underneath the turbo. That would mean none of the exhaust or intake piping I currently have would work, so I scrapped that idea.

I really, really want to get one of SoCalís stroker engines eventually. So my thought process is That Iíll put the SoCal heads on right now, that way whenever I get a hold of a stroker engine Iíll swap the SoCal heads back onto it, and the heads I have right now Iíll put back onto my current engine, and pretty much have a complete engine to swap into a project.


Iíll probably start watching for used parts, and start gathering stuff I need like block, ARP fasteners, billet parts, etc. Iíd like to buy everything other than the stroker rotating assembly used, and assemble it next year sometime.

Im sick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I canít intervene. I support this way too much


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1TRIKHD and M.A.M. like this.

2007.5 CCSB LMM
EFI live ECM Tuning by PPEI
S369SXE by WCFab
Fass 150GPH
XDP Sump



Instagram: 07Dmaxx
07Dmaxx93 is offline  
post #4289 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:00 AM
DuramaxForum Veteran
 
harnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Hobart, Tasmania (Stralia Mate)
Posts: 1,615
Garage
Maybe you should buy a spare truck and I'll just buy some parts off you 😂
M.A.M. likes this.

RHD 2013 2500HD Silverado WT Regular Cab
Deleted, FASS 150, Moonshine by Tony, Ally Tray, 20in Dicks, All Terrains, LEDs, Lowered and pissing off local drivers daily due to my size
harnold is offline  
post #4290 of 4417 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Duramax Lifetime Supporter
 
M.A.M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Millersburg, OH
Posts: 8,346
Garage
Matt's 2015 engine rebuild/upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Dmaxx93 View Post
I canít intervene. I support this way too much


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drranch View Post
I don't feel that an intervention would be successful, so you may as well just lean into another project....

Very true. I really need to start looking for a 67-70 C10 to start playing with.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 GMC 3500 DRW/CCLB

--2015 GMC 3500 SRW/CCLB--

Last edited by M.A.M.; 06-25-2019 at 07:18 AM.
M.A.M. is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome