hdrolling, L5P sport Dually build - Page 2 - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum
Build Threads Post Your Build Threads & Progress!

475Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Today's agenda will be to get the differential lowering kit installed and then at least get the front fender flairs on, I want to take my time on the rear to make sure all the cuts for the side marker lights fit into the fenders.

Also need to make some adjustments to my level now that it's settled a little and get it into the shop for an alignment.

After I make my adjustments and give it another day to settle, I'll have it aligned and then adjust my headlights. I don't drive at night very often so a couple days won't hurt anything.

Glad I jumped on these fenders while the painted ones were on sale for $400!
Attached Images

Black HD and CDmax16 like this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

My build thread https://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/b...lly-build.html

GM DRW club member #224

Last edited by hdrolling; 09-25-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Front flairs are on. Needing an alignment bad!
Attached Images

lutzjk913 and Black HD like this.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #13 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
I attempted to get an alignment but the shop needs me to put my stock wheels back on the front first so i'll do that first thing in the morning.

On a side note, I've installed Bilstein 5100 on my last three trucks. After installing you notice a ride improvement and it's like' Yes these are better than stock.

These Fox shocks, WOW. These things really ride much better than stock and the 5100. After installing the bigger wheels I noticed a little rougher ride but not a big deal, now with the level and new shocks it better than when I drove off the lot.

Really happy I decided to upgrade to these over the zone shocks.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Duramax Lifetime Supporter

That’s good to know about the shocks. I put the 5100’s on my last truck and they made a huge improvement. I was just about to order them for my new truck and in the end I changed my mind. I have always wanted reservoirs.These things are sexy. The fronts should be here Thursday.
Attached Images

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags,
Nitro 4.30ís w/Nitro TracRite posi...

Last edited by CDmax16; 09-25-2018 at 05:45 PM.
post #15 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDmax16 View Post
Thatís good to know about the shocks. I put the 5100ís on my last truck and they made a huge improvement. I was just about to order them for my new truck and in the end I changed my mind. I always wanted reservoirs.These things are sexy. The fronts should be here Thursday.
Those are awesome, I went back and forth between buying a complete kit with Fox 2.0 or building a kit and getting the reservoirs.

In the end I decided just in case the fox shocks felt the same as 5100's I would just get the standard 2.0's. Now that I have them I love them but now I will always wonder how the ones' you have feel compared to what I have now.

I did try to fit the rear fenders, the top is good it's just the bottoms that don't line up.

So I called Farleys since they have so many GM dually's with flairs on their site.

They said they have to custom fit the SRW flairs to each truck as it comes in, just a bunch of trimming and the they have the shave the rear of the bolts and use thinner nuts so the don't hit the fender.

I asked if that was something they could do on a truck and then remove and ship out and they said they have to do it while the truck is there.

They also said they get calls every day about their gm dually rear flairs, but no chance of building and shipping in the future.

So it looks like I have my work cut out for me, unless I want to drive up to Canada and have them install them for me.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #16 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 04:22 PM

I think the shocks are valved the same so they should ride the same. Looking at the work you have done so far, you will be fine with those rear flares, just take your time.

Did you get the diff drop kit installed? If so how do your cv angles look?

2016 2500hd Custom Sport, Z71, LTZ
Leveled with Moto 961's and 295/70\18 Ridge Grapplers,Amp steps, Weathertech mats, Extang Encore,S&B dry,
Wehrli intake bridge and AFE IC piping,Edge Insight cts2, AirDog II 165,SDP resonator delete, Mishimoto pcv catch can, MBRP down pipe,Recon led tail lights and third brake light, Morimoto mini D2S 5.0 projectors w/hidís, Morimoto 2stroke 2.0 ledís highs and fogs.
Kryptonite ucaís & tie rod sleeves, CCM diff drop,Fox 2.0 reservoirs, steering stabilizer, CalTracs,
Cognito PISK and heavy duty sway bar links, AirLift bags,
Nitro 4.30ís w/Nitro TracRite posi...
post #17 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
DuramaxForum Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDmax16 View Post
I think the shocks are valved the same so they should ride the same. Looking at the work you have done so far, you will be fine with those rear flares, just take your time.

Did you get the diff drop kit installed? If so how do your cv angles look?
I didn't get to the diff, after I opened the box for the white flairs I had to get started.

Since I have to get the jack out to change the wheels tomorrow I'll get the diff at the same time.

As far as the shocks, I believe the fox shocks that come with the zone kit are a steel body. The ones you have are an aluminum body so they will cool faster, I saw this on a custom offsets youtube vid and that's what they said so I don't know how try it is.

For the little bit of towing I do in the summer and normal highway driving I don't think I would even notice a difference.

Hoping I have better luck with my progress in the morning, at the very least I want the diff lowered and an alignment done.

2018 3500HD LTZ DRW

GM DRW club member #224
post #18 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to monkeyman
I put the swing away took box in my 3500, liked it so much bought one for other side! also have Pace Edwards electric cover!

To many vehicles to little time! New LP5 owner first 2017 GMC Denali Duramax
post #19 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 07:46 PM

Garage
I turned put anything heavy in like a bottle Jack and sockets.....they will break.....had one break on me .... Cheap built lasted almost a year...... I need to find some new solutions

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2018 DRW CCLB
post #20 of 622 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 08:05 PM

Which fender flares are those? Did you have to drill/screw or 3m tap them?

Looking great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode